Jump to content
    Tallguyct
  • Author
  • 4,736 Words
  • 3,411 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Boys of the 1950s - 4. Chapter 4 Libraries – A Place for Information

Saturday morning Peter told his parents he needed to go to the main library in downtown Cleveland to do research for a history assignment. Since he had received all A’s in history his mother readily gave him permission and offered to drive him to the bus stop which was about a ten minute walk from their home. Truthfully, there was no history assignment. Peter did have a research project that required a large library. The main branch of the Cleveland library was the largest in the state and hopefully would provide the information Peter desired. Since he and Tom had seen very few hard dicks he wondered how his compared to others. He was certain he would not find a book titled Penis Anthology: All You Wanted to Know About Man’s Favorite Body Part. Hopefully there would be something in the biology section. His second mission of the day was to buy a copy of Lolita to share and discuss with Louise.

His mother dropped him off at the bus stop and an express bus to downtown Cleveland arrived in about five minutes. He had enjoyed the trips to downtown with his mother. They would take a bus, then streetcar to Public Square, the center of downtown Cleveland. He missed the streetcar but the line had been converted to buses about five years earlier. The bus was faster. Peter enjoyed looking out the window thinking about the lives of all the people they passed walking on the sidewalks. Actually he was looking at the men. He was wondering which ones were circumcised or not and how big their dicks were. He also thought about armpits of each and pondered if any were hairless like him.

He arrived at the Cleveland Public Library after walking the four blocks from the downtown bus stop. Peter went to the catalog room. There were rows of wood cabinets, each with about 25 small drawers filled with index cards. There were hundreds of drawers holding thousands of cards with information. Each book in the library had a listing on a card in at least three places. There was a card for each book’s author, title and subject. Peter found the section with “P” drawers and looked up “penis” hoping there would be subject cards that would direct him to appropriate books. There was nothing. Next Peter went to the “A” catalogs and looked up anatomy. There were at least one hundred books. He wrote down the call numbers of a few books. Many started with QM 531. Looking at the library directory on a wall near the catalog he determined in which stack the QM’s would be located. He went to the appropriate stack and after scanning about twenty five books he found one that had the vital statistics he wanted.

He took the book to one of the little desks throughout the stacks and opened the notebook he had brought. The book had charts breaking down penis size by length and girths. The length of the erect penis was broken down by percentages of men having various lengths: under 5 inches (centimeters in [ 13 ]) 2%; 5.0-5.5 [13-14] 18%; 5.5 – 6.0 [14-15]42%; 6.0-6.5 [15-17]20%; 6.5-7.0 [17-18]12%; over 7 [ 18 ]inches 6%. The girth sizes were also listed. Peter had not considered the differences in circumference of dicks but was happy to find additional information on the penis. Girth sizes were: under 3.5 inches {9 centimeters] 4%; 3.5-4.0 [9-10] 6%; 4.0-4.5 [10-11] 25%; 4.5-5.0 [10-13] 36%; 5.0-5.5 [13-14] 21%; 5.5-6.0 [14-15] 7%; over 6.0 [ 15 ] 1%. The book also gave information on measuring the length and girth of penis. Peter also noted this information in his notebook.

Before leaving the library Peter decided he needed to take a piss and asked a young man working at the desk near the stack where he had found the anatomy book where the men’s room was. Upon entering the men’s room which was off a long hall at the back of the building he noted there were six urinals. A very average looking man, about forty years old was standing at the last one. Peter went to the third urinal, unzipped his pants and pulled out his dick. He glanced at the man out of the corner of his eye and noted he had backed away from the urinal. On further inspection he noted the guy was holding a fully erect cock. Peter thought to himself, if he wants me to look I will look. Peter turned his head and stared at the man who was now stroking his dick. Peter had never considered something like this could happen in a public restroom. He continued to watch and the man turned to Peter and smiled. By now Peter’s cock was at full mast. He was also standing back from the urinal. Peter grabbed his cock, started to beat off and within thirty seconds was shooting a load into the urinal. The man thanked him and continued to stroke his.

Just as Peter shot his load the young man who had given him directions to the men’s room walked in. He stood at the urinal next to Peter noticing Peter was holding a dripping half hard cock. The young man told Peter that he must have just missed a good one as he started stroking his cock. The man at the end moved to the other side of the young man and continued stroking his own. Standing next to each other both took the other’s cock in hand and were stroking each other. The older man then got on his knees and took the young man’s cock in his mouth. Within a minute the young man was giving muffled cries, grabbed the older man’s head, pulled it tight into his crotch and obviously shot a load. When he had finished the older man spit his mouthful of cum into the urinal. Peter zipped up and made a hasty retreat. He couldn’t wait to report this adventure to Tom.

Peter left the library realizing he had never pissed. He walked the few blocks to Public Square and entered Higbee’s, one of Cleveland’s largest department stores. (Note to reader: Higbee’s was the department store setting used in filming A Christmas Story, the story of little Ralphie’s quest for a Red Ryder B.B. gun. A casino is now in the department store location). The trip to Higbee’s men’s room which Peter had visited many times when shopping with his mother was uneventful as it had been on all previous visits.

From Higbee’s he walked down Euclid Avenue three blocks to Burrough’s Book Store. He browsed around the store and was unable to find any copies of Lolita. He was embarrassed to ask for it but really wanted it to share with Louise. All of the clerks in the store seemed to be women about his mother’s age. He finally noticed an impeccably dressed man about fifty years old sitting at a desk near the back of the store. The man was wearing a black suit with a vest, lavender shirt and a lavender and green paisley tie. Slightly bald and wearing wire rimmed glasses he was busily looking through a stack of books on his desk. Peter went up to him and said: “Excuse me sir, I need some help.”

The man appeared annoyed that he was being bothered but as he looked up and noticed Peter’s angelic face he grinned and said. “How may I help you, it’s always a pleasure to be of service to handsome young men?”

Peter replied, “Could you help me find a copy of Lolita?”

“We don’t have it on the shelves where customers can easily find it. First we don’t want to corrupt any young minds and secondly too many copies were being stolen.” Peter got a sinking feeling in his stomach believing that he would not be allowed to buy it. The man continued: “You appear to be mature enough to handle the material in the book. I believe in enlightening young minds. I would not want to stifle your education. I’ll get you a copy and meet you at the front cash register.” Peter walked to the front register and waited for him. He appeared holding a paper bag. He then said “I assume you wanted this wrapped.” He then held the bag so Peter could see a copy of Lolita was inside. He then rang up the sale and handed the bag to Peter. He then grinned and softly said: “If you ever want mature books on any topic do not hesitate to come see me.” He then handed Peter a business card, Roland Johns, Assistant Manager. “You have a nice day and instructive reading.”

Peter thanked him and walked out of the store on cloud nine. In just over an hour he had obtained statistics on cocks, had a sensational adventure in the library men’s room and had purchased a copy of Lolita with the help of a very gracious man.

Realizing it was too early to go home since his mother would assume he would need more time to research his “history project”. Peter walked to Terminal Tower, the main train station where he could find a seat in the waiting room and begin reading Lolita. He read for over an hour. Realizing he was hungry he walked to a White Castle hamburger joint at the end of the Square. Sitting at the counter he ordered six of their tiny hamburgers and a red pop. Unable to read a mature book in a place as public as the counter at White Castle he quickly devoured his lunch and walked to the bus stop for his return trip to Pleasant Valley.

Peter stood in a doorway for privacy while reading and waiting for the bus. Being a Saturday afternoon the bus was not crowded and he was able to sit alone in a double seat near the rear of the bus. He read the entire ride to Pleasant Valley almost missing his stop.

Arriving home he told his parents about the success of his history research at the library. He did not tell them about the cock statistics, men’s room adventure or Lolita.

Then Peter called Louise telling her he had gone to Burrough’s and had the book she needed for her research project. Since the only phone in the house was on the kitchen wall he had to be careful with his conversations. She asked, “Do you mean the “L” book?”

“Yes, I’ll drop it off this evening when Tom and I pick you up to go to the basketball game.” This, the first weekend in December, was the beginning of the first basketball season. Louise had little interest in basketball but Ann was a cheerleader and this would give her an opportunity to see Ann after the game while publically be with her “boyfriend”. Likewise Peter had little interest but Tom was going and this would also be an opportunity for them to connect. Tom was obligated to go as the boyfriend of one of the cheerleaders. He would also be with Peter and also spend some time with the jocks to maintain his macho image.

After the phone call to Louise, Peter went to his bedroom and wedged a chair into the doorknob just in case one of his parents or little brother walked in. They never had violated his privacy but he did not want to have one innocently walk in while he measured his dick. He found a ruler and cut a piece of paper about a quarter inch wide and six inches long. He then pumped his dick to full size. He kept pumping until he was close to shooting. He wanted to be sure he was at maximum. He then measured his dick placing the ruler as instructed. The result was six and one quarter inches [15.9 cm]. Then he pumped some more until close to a climax and wrapped the paper around the middle of his dick. He folded it at the overlap and measured it: just over five inches [12.7 cm]. He wanted to compare his size to the statistics from the library. But first he had to finish off. A few more strokes and he shot across the floor with the furthest shot going more than five feet [1.5 m]. He then wiped up the floor, adjusted his pants, removed the chair and opened the door half way. He sat at his desk and opened the notebook with the statistics.

What he saw shocked him. He was definitely above average. 62% of men had dicks shorter than 6 [15.2 cm] inches and only 18% were longer than 6.5 [16.5] inches. He was in the middle of the 6 - 6.5 range which represented 20% of men. With a median average of 5.85 [14.9] he was almost a half inch [1.3] longer than the average. His girth numbers were more impressive. 71% of men had girths less than 5 [12.7] inches and he was slightly over 5 [12.7]. He definitely had a long big cock. To celebrate these findings he went to the bathroom and took a long shower that included a reward for his big dick. Having just come ten minutes earlier it took longer but was well worth the extra energy as he creamed the shower wall.

He called Tom and told him he had obtained the statistics they had discussed and would be at his house thirty minutes early so they could complete the research prior to picking up Louise. Peter had borrowed his parent’s car for the evening. Ann was getting a ride with some of her cheerleader friends as she had to be at the game early.

Upon arrival at Tom’s home he greeted Mr. and Mrs. Kowalski. Then the boys went upstairs to Tom’s room. Peter was prepared with the notebook, a ruler and the same strip of paper he had used. He immediately kneeled in front of Tom, opened his pants and lowered them and under ware to the floor. Tom’s dick was quickly rising and Peter put it in his mouth and started slurping. Tom soon pushed his head away and told him to stop or he would shoot and loose his hard dick. Peter immediately pulled out the ruler and measured it. He then put it back into his mouth for a couple of slurps and took out the slip of paper and wrapped it around the swollen dick marking the overlay. Since he was already on his knees and Tom’s pulsating swollen dick was inches from his face he took it back in his mouth and in seconds felt the dick jump and the cream of Tom enter his mouth and slide down his throat.

The length was almost exactly the same as Peter’s, maybe a little shorter but definitely in the above average macho size. His girth was just exactly at average. The final result was that Peter had a long fat dick and Tom long with average circumference dick. What Tom lacked in fullness he made up for with hefty dangling balls and the scenic foreskin.

Peter said, “We are two hot, healthy guys that have equipment to be proud of. However, all this activity has caused a major issue in my pants. If I don’t take care of it, it will take care of itself and I will have to borrow clean pants”.

Peter lowered his pants and started stroking his hard cock. Tom said “Stop.” Tom then got on his knees in front of Peter and took his cock in his mouth for the first time. Previously he had kissed just the tip never taking it all in. This was new to Tom and he could only get half way down. In less than a minute Peter tried to push Tom away saying ”it’s cuming.” Tom tightly wrapped his arms around Peter’s ass and kept the cock in his mouth while sucking on it. Peter shot his load into Tom’s mouth. He just kneeled there with the cock and cum in his mouth. Finally he pulled away while swallowing the cum.

“I have been wanting to do that for some time but could not get up the nerve. Finally I just did it. You taste great. Actually you taste as you described my juice, slippery and salty. I will do it again and soon!

After they cleaned up Peter said, “Before we go to the game I want to tell you about a discussion I had with my little brother.” Peter then told Tom about Ronnie’s “woodie” and how he had explained and demonstrated the pleasure of jerking off. He continued about telling Ronnie to come to him when he came like Peter had during the demonstration and that Ronnie was waiting for him when he returned from their date the night before. Ronnie had told him he squirted and wanted to know the rest about becoming a man. Peter told Tom that he and Ronnie would go for a bike ride tomorrow and he would tell him about becoming a man. Peter asked Tom if he could borrow the book about “life” that Father McFadden had given him when he was thirteen and show it to Ronnie.

Tom responded, “You are the world’s greatest big brother. I was lucky to have Father McFadden get me on the right track. Of course you can have the book, I don’t need it back. Hopefully I now know more than the basic stuff explained at a thirteen year level. Are you going to tell him where you got the book?”

Peter replied, “I will just tell him someone gave it to me a couple of years ago. I don’t want to get into a discussion with him about sex that includes you, not now.”

Tom found the book. Then they left to pick up Louise and then to the game but had another delay.

 

Girls Have Ideas Too

Tom said. “Before we go I’ve got to tell you about the crazy conversation I had with Ann this afternoon. She called me and told me she was just dying for a Bearden burger. She had already asked her dad and he said she could borrow the car for a while. I realized this was code for telling me she had something really important to discuss. I told her to pick me up as soon as possible. After picking me up she drove to Bearden’s without speaking. I realized she was nervous and wanted to give her all the space she needed.

Pulling into a car hop spot at Bearden’s the same waitress with the thrusting tits came to the car as Ann rolled down the window. Seeing a girl in the driver’s seat she lost her lusty expression and said “so, what doya want.” Ann ordered two Bearden burgers: one with cheese for herself and one with peanut butter for me. She also ordered two cokes and a large order of fries to share.

Ann sat quietly and finally said. “Tom, remember our first discussion at the bowling alley. We told you that you were insane and that what you were proposing was the most outlandish plan we had ever heard. Louise and I have a proposal that you will probably also consider insane and outlandish. We have never seen a naked man. We’ve given little boys baths and helped them dress when babysitting. We have also seen our fathers naked for very brief moments by accident. We either did not have the time or nerve to really look at them.”

At this point the car hop brought the food and Ann stopped talking. After the car hop placed the food on the tray at the window Ann continued. “Next Saturday afternoon and evening Louise’s mom and dad are going to her uncle’s, her mother’s brother, birthday party in Mansfield. Since it is an hour and a half drive each way they will not be back until almost midnight. They know I am coming over for a sleepover with Louise that evening. You guys could come over and show us what a man looks like.”

I replied: “Yes, you and Louise are insane and outlandish. We all seem to think alike. I will agree to your plan with two conditions. First, Peter must approve and I assume he will. He likes any excuse to get naked with me. Also, if we show you ours, you and Louise must show us yours.”

“No problem.” Ann replied. “If any other guys were going to inspect us while naked we would be mortified. But we know you guys will be inspecting us from a scientific viewpoint, not how soon can we fuck outlook”

“Oh, you girls use such fucking naughty language, makes me fancy you more.” I said.

Peter replied. “Sounds like an interesting proposition. Them checking out our dicks and we sticking our noses in their pussys. I could never do it alone. But with you it will be fun. I am sure I will be more interested in your dick’s reaction than their pussys.

The boys left, picked up Louise and headed to the gym.

At the game the three of them sat together the first half. Tom attempted to explain some of the fine points and strategies. Peter was more interested in checking out the players in their short basketball uniforms. He hoped that basketball players would never wear long, to the knee shorts. With their short shorts and long legs each was a special piece of gorgeous maleness. Peter’s fetish for armpits was quenched with each shot and defense play. He just kept thinking of sniffing and sticking his nose in those pits. After the half break Tom sat with his jock friends while Louise and Peter sat at a table in the lobby snack area of the gymnasium. They discussed Lolita. Although Louise had not had a chance to read any of the book she appreciated Peter’s comments and description.

After the game they went to Manner’s Big Boy for hamburgers and cokes. They discussed their planned naked session and all agreed it would be fun and very educational.

Louise, usually the quiet on, spoke up. “I just had a thought. It’s going to be Christmas in a few weeks and I want to give Ann a present and I assume Peter and Tom want to gift each other and Ann gift me. But our parents and friends will expect the boy friends to gift the girl friends and vice versa. Here’s my idea. I will buy a gift for Ann and give it to Tom to give to her. Tom will buy a gift for Peter and give it to me. Peter will buy a gift for Tom and give it to Ann and Ann will buy a gift for me and give it to Peter to give to me. We will each receive a gift from our opposite sex boy/girlfriend. When Peter gives me the gift Ann bought for me in front of my parents I will give him a big hug and kiss. Later I will thank Ann in a way you boys may not want to know about. You will all do likewise.” Sounds like a plan they all agreed. Peter and Tom had thought about gifts for the girls but had no idea what to buy. Now that problem was solved.

The Facts of Life

After dinner on Sunday Peter and Ronnie helped with the dishes. Then Peter told his parents that he and Ronnie were going for a bike ride.

They rode to the town park and found a picnic table in the open but far enough away from any activity that no one would hear their conversation. It would be just two boys shooting the breeze.

Sitting across from each other Peter asked his brother if he had tried it again. He brother replied that he was so excited that he did it twice on Saturday and Sunday morning before going to church and that each time he squirted.

Peter explained that the juice was called “cum” by boys although “semen” or “sperm” were the more technical names.

Peter asked Ronnie what he knew about where babies came from. Ronnie replied that he knew that they grew in a mommy’s tummy and that she would go to the hospital and it would come out.

Peter replied that that was true but that it was much more complicated. He pulled a Sears ad that he had cut out of the Cleveland Press newspaper with a picture of a woman in a bra and panties.

He explained that to make a baby it takes a man and a woman. The woman gets on her back and lies down spreading her legs. The man gets hard by using his hands. The woman might use her hands to get the man hard or the man might get hard just looking at the naked woman. The woman has an opening between her legs. Using the Sears ad he pointed to the area between the legs. The man gets on top of the woman and puts his dick in the opening or hole. I understand that it feels better than a hand on the dick. The man then slides his dick in and out of the hole. When he comes he squirts inside the woman. About once a month a woman makes an egg like a chicken does except her egg is so small you cannot see it. The man juice which is called cum or semen has thousands of little things in the juice. These are shaped like pollywogs buy very small. They can only be seen under a high power microscope. These little swimmers are called sperm. If it is the time of the month that a woman makes an egg and if one of the thousands of sperm finds the egg and is able to break the shell it goes into the egg and starts to grow. This will grow into a baby in about nine months.

Every animal does it this way: horses, rabbits, chipmunks and humans. When man was created he was made so that going into a woman would be a really good feeling. No one told the caveman what to do but he found out on his own. I understand that it can also give a woman a lot of pleasure when this happens.

“Now that you are cuming you could make a baby. If you stuck this in a girl and it was the time of the month when she made an egg you could become a father. When a man and woman do this it is called ‘fucking’ or ‘intercourse’. “

“I’m sure you have heard the word ‘fuck,’ now you know what it really means. I have a book that I got a couple of years ago when I was about your age. It explains a lot of what I have told you. You should read it and then ask any questions you have. Unless you have some questions why don’t you think about what I told you today, read the book and then we can go for another bike ride and discussion.”

Ronnie replied, “I have one question. What is a ‘fag’? I have heard guys call other guys a ‘fag’.”

Tom replied, “Most boys and men like girls and women. Most girls and women like boys and men. But some boys and men like other boys and men. Likewise with some girls and women. Fag is a nasty word for boys/men who love other boys/men. Boys and men with these feelings are also called homosexuals or sometimes homos. They are also called gay. Some call them ‘fags’, that is not a nice expression. Why do men love other men and not women? It is a mystery, no one knows. It is not bad, it is just the way it is. Think about it and we can discuss it more on our next bike ride.

They then rode home. Peter gave Ronnie the book. They had frequent bike rides over the next couple of years. Ronnie had many questions. One topic never discussed was his big brother’s relationship with Tom. As far as Ronnie knew Peter loved Louise and his best friend, Tom, loved Ann.

Copyright © 2017 Tallguyct; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 14
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Sorry to be so late reviewing, I've been busy. I'll come back and 'like' this when I get some more. :)
Ann and Louise want to 'compare'? I hope that's all they want to do, and not want to try sex with Pete and Tom, out of curiosity. I can believe they want to see a guy so they might be able to make convincing comments to other girls about their boyfriends, and the same goes for the boys, but it would be disheartening if they actually tried sex itself. The plan to hide their orientations is understandable for that era, but so many people tried to live it for safety.
On to the next chapter!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I think it's great that Peter's little brother Ronnie came to Peter for the talk. Peter explained how to jack off or masturbate and had Ronnie copy what he was doing, when Peter came Ronnie was curious about that and Peter told Ronnie to come back when he started producing sperm. Ronnie was in Peter's bed one night when he got home from his date with Louise which is only for show, he was actually with Tom, any way Peter told Ronnie that they could talk about Ronnie cumming after church and dinner at home after church, they could go for a bike ride at which time Peter could answer any and all questions Ronnie might have. That Saturday night was the basketball game at school and Peter and Tom were to go so they could be with their dates and then go out afterwards. Peter went downtown to supposedly research information about history for a paper that was due the following week. Peter and Ronnie did go on their bike ride, they went to the park where Peter did tell Ronnie what it means to cum and also told him that he had a book that would give him more information. 

Great chapter 

Link to comment

I'm not sure the term 'gay' (as in homosexual) was in common use during 1956, or if it was, it was like a codeword. It generally meant happy or cheerful. Can anyone enlighten us on this?

Link to comment

From wikipedia - gay   -  In 1950, the earliest reference found to date for the word gay as a self-described name for homosexuals came from Alfred A. Gross, executive secretary for the George W. Henry Foundation, who said in the June 1950 issue of SIR magazine: "I have yet to meet a happy homosexual.  They have a way of describing themselves as gay but the term is a misnomer. Those who are habitues of the bars frequented by others of the kind, are about the saddest people I’ve ever seen. ........  The 1960s marked the transition in the predominant meaning of the word gay from that of "carefree" to the current "homosexual".

I doubt if Peter and Tom or few if any high school students in 1956 read SIR (I sure did not, would have if I could have) so the use of the word 'gay' by high school boys was probably out of step with the times.  I am the same age as the 'Boys' and at that time was totally confused and clueless about gay, homosexual, queer, man to man, or whatever you want to call it lifestyles.  Your Author Tall Guy   

Link to comment

Yeah! The term 'GAY' was not popular in the 1950's.  During the summer of 1960 I traveled with a carnival for a few weeks.  The man that ran a 'Bear Every Time' booth asked me if I was gay, or just acted that way?  Not knowing his meaning, I agreed that I was naturally happy and cheerful.

While in the Army, stationed in Germany in 1964, a soldier that I was friends with, questioned me about a reference to him as being gay, which he was not!  That's when I learned that gay meant homosexual!

BTW tallguyct you've got a good story going here, and I'm looking forward to the next chapters.  I am close to your age, be turning 79 years young in September, and never have found Mr. Right!

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..