Jump to content
    Yeoldebard
  • Author
  • 551 Words
  • 365 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Nekromancer - 111. Epilogue

Darkness filled the forge, Amnor Sen letting out a quiet sigh as he let his hammer fall to his side. All consuming, the pitchblack drowned out even the flames of his forge, denying him any ability to work.

“Krem, I need to work on the glaives for the faithful.”

“But I want to go outside again!”

The drow was hiding somewhere in the room, his eyes perfectly suited for the dark. It was a game for the boy, a test for Amnor Sen. He would not begrudge the half human his racial heritage, nor would he get angry at Krem for exercising the abilities he held. Though they made forging a real pain in the ass.

Since receiving his goggles, Krem had shown an exuberance that surprised Amnor Sen. Over the last year, he had been forced to adjust his way of life, his way of thinking, and the elf wouldn’t change that for anything, even if change was difficult to begin with.

They had thrived through an anonymous gift, a holy sword and a haversack of wands delivered by a random stranger the day after he had brought Krem home. The lights in the sky had eventually faded, and he didn’t know what had become of the catfolk who dared to face the gods, but Amnor Sen heard rumours that he had succeeded, that prayers had been answered by a force in Jakun’s name. He hoped they held truth, if only to let himself believe that Jeremy’s death had not been in vain.

“Fine, go outside and play. But you better not rip your new clothes, or you’ll be the one sewing them back together,” the smith said, staring in the direction of the heat he was pretty sure was the forge.

“Can I use pink fabric?”

The elf rolled his eyes as the darkness retreated.

“That was not an invitation to rip your clothes up. If you want, I’ll take you to temple tomorrow and we can have someone show you how to fix clothing,” he said. “It is not a skill I am well versed in, but if it is where your art begins, then I will do what I can. Now please, go eat your lunch and let me work in peace. If you want to help, you can pump the bellows. It will be good for your muscles.”

The drow approached the bellows by the forge, grabbing the lever that controlled them before dangling on it with a grin. He slowly descended, the fire hissing as air was fed into it, and Amnor Sen took advantage of the increased flames, setting his metal within.

“Good job,” he praised. “But next time, try to pull. It gives a more steady flow.”

“Okay Daddy…”

The elf felt his heart soar at the words, the affirmation. From warrior to father… he had come so far so fast. Being married to Jeremy and adventuring with Jakun had been trying, but Amnor Sen was grateful every day for the experience. He knew his life with Krem would have its own struggles, but the elf was prepared for them. And though he had never reached Mendev, though Loran still remained alive, the paladin was happy. Not all stories needed an ending. Sometimes it was better to start a new one.

I would like to thank everyone who has followed me on this journey. I had a lot of concerns about the way it ended, but I think that unresolved as the main plot is, it works. There is a sequel planned, and Krem will take a large role in it, so there is something to look forward to.
Copyright © 2020 Yeoldebard; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
  • Love 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

This epilogue is exactly what I wanted l but was afraid to hope for. 

Thank you so much for this beautiful story - that moved me more times than I’d like to admit. 

Please give us the story of Amnor Sen and Krem someday ❤️

  • Love 2
Link to comment
8 hours ago, IkeNeko said:

This epilogue is exactly what I wanted l but was afraid to hope for. 

Thank you so much for this beautiful story - that moved me more times than I’d like to admit. 

Please give us the story of Amnor Sen and Krem someday ❤️

Just like Jakun's son has his role in a story, Krem and Amnor Sen will have their part to play in another story. I just have to get the material for it first so I can tell it properly. ❤️

  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..