Every now and then a thread is created for story recommendations :) It is often the case that stories from our popular authors (such as Comicality, Mark Arbour, and more besides) are the ones recommended. :) There is no denying that their stories deserve to be recommended, but there are many wonderful stories on GA that simply do not have the exposure that they ought to have :)

So these recommendations are geared for those stories that are still in peer-review (or just passed it), have relatively few views, and are by new/obscure authors.

Without further ado...

Import US Invasion by BlackArrow

*So others have the opportunity, recommend a few at most in a post :thankyou:

**If you have any questions, just ask :)

• Like 5

Rule the World by Zach.

Zach started this story shortly after I joined GA, and I really enjoyed reading it as he continued with it. But then he suddenly stopped and disappeared. Hopefully he'll come back to it, because it's brilliant. :)

• Like 2

I'll add two more :)

Scent of Smoke by buildercub, this is a very captivating Star Trek fanfic (don't let the genre fool you, this is worth the read ;) )

Denn's Mobile Circus by Twisted_Dreemz, this is a really interesting "were-creature" story, one that will make you yearn for the next chapter :D

I'm glad you are recommending these, as both are favorites of mine!

Thanks Drew for starting this thread. There is a lot of brilliant content on GA that we should help promote. Brilliant idea! 

• Like 1

A few others to check out if you like "men of a certain age."  :P

Burying the Past by Dan Umbero, A middle aged man returns to his childhood home to bury his father and confront the man from his past.

Jim and Chad, Part 1 by  GWood, Every so often, you meet someone who turns your world upside down...  That's what has happened to me...

Cody in Wyoming by gardentuber, Karl has something new to think about after a chance encounter while driving across southern Wyoming

And yes, thank you for starting this thread!!!! 

• Like 2

Painted Blue by JackBinimbul, this is a really interesting story, in fact it's the first from the author :)

Note: This story does involve BDSM, here is what Jack has to say concerning it :)

A note on BDSM:  Unless you are familiar with the "scene", whatever you think this story is going to be, it's not.  You'll find no coercion, manipulation, or disregard for autonomy here.  This is no "Fifty Shades of Gay".

It is important for me to describe and display responsible BDSM.  Most instances I write will fall under SSC (Safe, Sane, Consensual) or at most, RACK (Risk-aware Consensual Kink).  I think it is irresponsible to write for consumption BDSM that is harmful, non-consensual or romanticizes rape.  Please bare this in mind with this and all future chapters.

Please check the story out! :)

Edited by Drew Espinosa

Rule the World by Zach.

Zach started this story shortly after I joined GA, and I really enjoyed reading it as he continued with it. But then he suddenly stopped and disappeared. Hopefully he'll come back to it, because it's brilliant. :)

I finally found the time to begin reading this :) Within the first few paragraphs, I am already falling in love with it. This is a wonderful story and Zach is really talented :yes: Thanks for the recommendation Cynus! :D

• Like 1

Painted Blue by JackBinimbul, this is a really interesting story, in fact it's the first from the author :)

Note: This story does involve BDSM, here is what Jack has to say concerning it :)

Please check the story out! :)

I planned to recommend this story, Painted blue, but you beat me to it. It's very good, with both humour and heat. Read it!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Today, Gene and AndyG brought a story to my attention :) This story was posted during the e-fiction days and hasn't gotten much attention since the change to GA Stories.

It's called Sky's The Limit by captainrick, and I must say, the story description already has me enthralled :)

Thanks for recommending this, I'm reading it now, and it's awesome. I can vaguely recall having seen an earlier version, but this is a lot longer and better. I heartily recommend it.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...