Celebrating Anything?

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Administrator

Congratulations to India :) I'm still not sure I like the 20-20 competition, but I'm willing to give it a go to see how it goes. One day cricket has certainly evolved into a complex tactical game from its early days as a slog-fest.

• Site Administrator
Isn't cricket that pansy-ass sport that rich people play? Or am I thinking of something else... it involves hitting balls with mallets through hoops stuck in the ground IIRC.

You're thinking of croquette :) Test cricket is the game that you can play for five days and still end up with a draw. One day cricket is a variation that lasts just a day and always has a result. 20-20 cricket is a relatively new variation that is even faster -- it's over in only a few hours.

You're thinking of croquette :)

No, croquettes are little round patties or balls made with meat and or vegetables and fried. I especially like salmon croquettes.

The game is croquet, pronounced sort of like "cro-KAY" unlike the food, which is sort of like "cro-KETT."

• Site Administrator
No, croquettes are little round patties or balls made with meat and or vegetables and fried. I especially like salmon croquettes.

The game is croquet, pronounced sort of like "cro-KAY" unlike the food, which is sort of like "cro-KETT."

I had a 50-50 chance of getting it right (I considered both spellings) but I was too lazy to look up a dictionary... and I've caught. :funny:

• Site Administrator

Congratulations, Adrian! :) Both good things to celebrate (and for Bondwriter's benefit... the later is good because they've been quality posts and we want to see more) :P

Isn't cricket that pansy-ass sport that rich people play? Or am I thinking of something else... it involves hitting balls with mallets through hoops stuck in the ground IIRC.

Like Graeme said, it's croquet, but what's wrong with it?? I really enjoy it. It's not the most exciting game in the world, but nothing beats a day at the cottage sipping G&Ts and playing croquet.

Menzo

I'm celebrating two things.

First of all, my update to An American Wizard at Hogwarts!!

AND.... My 200th post!! WOOO!

Congrats, Adrian! :D

Like Graeme said, it's croquet, but what's wrong with it?? I really enjoy it. It's not the most exciting game in the world, but nothing beats a day at the cottage sipping G&Ts and playing croquet.

Menzo

ohhh that does sound fun! Especially the G&T part 0:)

Celebrating my Dad's Birthday! Happy Birthday, DAD!!! It just so happens that I am also visitng him. So double reason to celebrate!!

The BeaStKid

Woohooo!!!

I'm Celebrating a day of recovering from a wild night at a bar (My Late Bday Party)

=D

• Site Administrator

I'm celebrating Geelong's record victory in the AFL (Australian Football League) grand final, and also Melbourne Storm's win in the NRL (National Rugby League). :D

I'm celebrating Geelong's record victory in the AFL (Australian Football League) grand final, and also Melbourne Storm's win in the NRL (National Rugby League). :D

WOW...That's great!!

I'm celebrating the fact that the rain god's favoured us and saved us from a crushing defeat at the hands of the Australian Cricket team after they were certainly oised for a victory!!

Thank you Lord Indra!!!

The BeaStKid

WOW...That's great!!

I'm celebrating the fact that the rain god's favoured us and saved us from a crushing defeat at the hands of the Australian Cricket team after they were certainly oised for a victory!!

Thank you Lord Indra!!!

The BeaStKid

:rolleyes: Beasty, you crack me up :P I wanted the match to be played cos chasing 300+ runs is humongous :wacko:

Anyway, I am celebrating my return home after 5 days :D