Celebrating Anything?

• Site Administrator
Care to share your Secret Scone Recipe (SSR)? I've been look for a good one for quite some time...

My secret recipe (as found on the internet):

4 cups self raising flour, sifted

1 cup lemonade

1 cup cream (I use thickened cream)

Pinch of salt

Milk

Make a well in the flour and salt mixture. Add the lemonade and cream and mix until just combined.

Turn onto floured surface and knead lightly.

Press out dough to 3/4 inch.

Cut with scone cutter (or the rim of a glass or coffee mug)

Brush with milk

Bake in a pre-heated 200C oven for 10-15 minutes.

You can add grated cheese, bacon bits of dried fruit if you like.

For anyone in North America who wants to try the recipe, check out the links on self raising flour and lemonade before you make it -- the ingredients may not be what you expect (definitely not in the case of lemonade). Thickened cream is whipping cream.

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My secret recipe (as found on the internet):

4 cups self raising flour, sifted

1 cup lemonade

1 cup cream (I use thickened cream)

Pinch of salt

Milk

Make a well in the flour and salt mixture. Add the lemonade and cream and mix until just combined.

Turn onto floured surface and knead lightly.

Press out dough to 3/4 inch.

Cut with scone cutter (or the rim of a glass or coffee mug)

Brush with milk

Bake in a pre-heated 200C oven for 10-15 minutes.

You can add grated cheese, bacon bits of dried fruit if you like.

For anyone in North America who wants to try the recipe, check out the links on self raising flour and lemonade before you make it -- the ingredients may not be what you expect (definitely not in the case of lemonade). Thickened cream is whipping cream.

Finding British/Australian lemonade in North America is a difficult task. When I lived in Boston, I wanted to make mulled wine and the recipe I had called for lemonade. I had to move heaven and earth to find it, even in Boston.

Menzo

Finding British/Australian lemonade in North America is a difficult task. When I lived in Boston, I wanted to make mulled wine and the recipe I had called for lemonade. I had to move heaven and earth to find it, even in Boston.

Menzo

We Indians prefer to make fresh lemonade by squeezing the hell out of fresh lemons, adding a bit of sugar, pepper and rock salt and then finally some water. :)

BeaStKid

• Site Administrator

I know of someone who ships it in from the UK....

Sprite and 7-up are close and should be fine for this recipe.

We Indians prefer to make fresh lemonade by squeezing the hell out of fresh lemons, adding a bit of sugar, pepper and rock salt and then finally some water. :)

That sounds like American lemonade.

We also have something similar to Sprite and 7-Up.

It is locally known as banta. It is soda, limejuice and sugar.

It comes in a bottle which has a marble in its neck. The seller breaks the marble and pours the liquid into a glass. He then adds rock salt, pepper and other things according to taste.

It is delicious!

BeaStKid

I'm celebrating my arrival to the US!!! Finally here!! Its sunny, its warm, there are palms, there is the ocean and there are so many guys hitting on me it's scary *looks for burka*

And I even have internet! Isn't this nice?

I'm celebrating recalling my first trip to London. I was reminded by the scone recipe of when I ordered "lemonade" and was surprised at what I was served.

The scone recipe reminds me also of the ice cream bread recipe I posted in another thread.

B)

Yay for you, Benji! It's great! Now you can set your own tag!

Here's to 1,000!

On a serious note, Benji, thank you for your thoughtful, insightful and humorous posts. My experience here at GA has become more lively with your friendship. :)

BeaStKid

Yay for you, Benji! It's great! Now you can set your own tag!

Here's to 1,000!

On a serious note, Benji, thank you for your thoughtful, insightful and humorous posts. My experience here at GA has become more lively with your friendship. :)

BeaStKid

B) ..Thanks!, same here!!, this site always makes my day. B)

Happy that you guys have a reason to celebrate. Now may I ask what Diwali is?

I'm sorry I'll not be able to give a proper reply to this as I'm replying through my cell phone and it is impossible to link something.

I'll direct you to the Happy Diwali thread in the Lounge. It gives a fairly short description of what Diwali is.

I'm trying to link to wiki, but I'm not sure if this'll work. Here it goes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diwali

If this doesn't work, you can use the ever helping wiki yourself. ;):P

take care

BeaStKid

P.S

Egad! It's working! I guess I can put links to those whose url I can remember or whose I can take a wild guess, like the one I just did! Lol

Edited by BeaStKid
My return to GA, good health, family time (after a long long time), relief from some problems and of course, the release of the superb "Taking Chances" by Celine Dion :D

DHRUV!! Welcome back! Howdie fella? Happy belated Diwali. :) How did yours go? Enjoyed?

DHRUV!! Welcome back! Howdie fella? Happy belated Diwali. :) How did yours go? Enjoyed?

Thanks, Beasty :D and same to you, too!!

Well, this wasn't the best DIWALI but it wasn't bad either :) Didn't enjoy much and no crackers this time... I kinda joined the Anti-crackers group :P

Thanks, Beasty :D and same to you, too!!

Well, this wasn't the best DIWALI but it wasn't bad either :) Didn't enjoy much and no crackers this time... I kinda joined the Anti-crackers group :P

Welcome to the Anti-Cracker Brigade!! :) Me too a member. Joined in 2000.

Oh, I lit crackers! :) :fire: Some remained though! :(

All the sweets are over and I think I'm the one who ate over half of them! :unsure:

Ieshwar

LOL... I also ate half the box of laddus my sister brought. :P