Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Let the Music Play, Ch 5: Moving Day

Moi? Assign blame? Jamais. Alas, my goat-like self is being admonished most discouragingly. Woe to the goat, I say!

As Shadowgod admirably put it, you were the one person who might have misconstrued the impugned abbreviation. It was a kindness really. 0:) If you cannot find it in your heart to accept what I say, then I blame Shadowgod. :sheep:

Conner

I have proof! I have proof! Connor is being controlled by the Goat! I found a sculpture made that demonstrates how he's being controlled by Cj!!! Conner, it's okay, the truth will set you free! Cj, what do you have to say for yourself?? :sheep: is right.

gallery_5014_57_7404.jpg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have proof! I have proof! Connor is being controlled by the Goat! I found a sculpture made that demonstrates how he's being controlled by Cj!!! Conner, it's okay, the truth will set you free! Cj, what do you have to say for yourself?? :sheep: is right.

gallery_5014_57_7404.jpg

B) .....God that's funny LOL, but who's controling whom here????? :lol:

Edited by Benji

hi, been reading your story for awhile ^_^

this chapter is great. what I strikes me really hard on brandon is the fact that he is soooo poor :(

& so dejected on what had been done to him & because he seemed to be having a really poor and rough life.

until now :lol:

hope he and chase will work out but I'd like to see how chase will be able to convince brandon :wub:

Just an innocent, rhetorical question: Would the tar-and-feather plans be scrapped if, perchance, the title of Chapter 6 happened to be "A kiss"? Because, ummm, it is... (Note to the Echidna: This is not a spoiler,exactly, as it is the chapter title, so no spines, please!)
Now that you have revealed the next chapter's name, I may just have to jump on the T and F bandwagon if the kiss is between anyone besides Chase and Brandon.

Glad someone else picked up on the fact that, given CJ's history that we all know and groan about, the title of the chapter is not likely to give the audience what its been pleading for. After all, CJ is known for his teasing ways... :lol:

Glad someone else picked up on the fact that, given CJ's history that we all know and groan about, the title of the chapter is not likely to give the audience what its been pleading for. After all, CJ is known for his teasing ways... :lol:

B) .....so true..so true!!

I must say I'm not surprised that Bourbon had a bit to do with Brandon's downfall in life at the time B) . It seems Shadowgod's influence has a much wider swath than what most of us understood. So maybe it is correct to blame him for all the bad in the world :D .

A good conspiracy will always manage to point out a good scapeperson, won't it?

I will admit that I still giggle like a little girl every time "The Scar" is brought up in the story. I know it is important to the story, especially after the prologue. Maybe it is the placements of the scene changes that is bugging me. The story is generally a happy go lucky, feel good story so far. With the sudden cut aways to "The Scar", it just doesn't seem to flow for me. I don't know what you could do differently, except maybe putting the side story at the very beginning, or the very end of the chapter. But hey, that is just my opinion.

That's interesting, because I felt like it did change the tone dramatically, but that it worked OK, because the Scar's episodes were really short. They're quick and give a little info about the spy story that develops in parallel. Were they equal in length to the rest, maybe they'd be boring or distracting, unless of course the Russian railroads were the scene of hot romance. What do other readers think?

As for the goat erotica, I hope it won't get Conner's and CJ's hormones boiling...

• Site Administrator
I will admit that I still giggle like a little girl every time "The Scar" is brought up in the story. I know it is important to the story, especially after the prologue. Maybe it is the placements of the scene changes that is bugging me. The story is generally a happy go lucky, feel good story so far. With the sudden cut aways to "The Scar", it just doesn't seem to flow for me. I don't know what you could do differently, except maybe putting the side story at the very beginning, or the very end of the chapter. But hey, that is just my opinion.

I disagree. In my humble opinion, the scenes with The Scar give the whole story a Tom Clancy-esque feel. We've got a main story line going on, but we keep seeing these little glimpses of something completely different that changes the whole tone of the story. It builds the tension and anticipation -- how do these two things relate? How are they going to come together?

Now that you have revealed the next chapter's name, I may just have to jump on the T and F bandwagon if the kiss is between anyone besides Chase and Brandon.

So in order not to make that post into an official tease, I will now start a chant that I learned from a certain anonymous goat....6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, pleeeeeeeeese!

I should point out that there is a question mark at the end of that title. There is still no guarantee of a kiss between any of the characters. It could even been something completely different, like a cameo by one or more members of the band Kiss. Now, I think that is unlikely, but I just want to point out that our goat is a wiley beast and that we shouldn't expect the obvious from him.

Oh, and the New Zealand accent swaps the sound of 'i' and 'e' in some words... including the word six. This means that a New Zealander saying 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6 would actually sound like some chanting "sex"....

Getting back to Helen, there's something that's bothered me with this chapter and the previous one.

Helen scowled, “I noticed that a lot of the road crew were uncomfortable talking to me. That fits though; if Gabe was skimming, he sure wouldn’t want word getting back to us.”

This partially explains why Helen hadn't heard that the crew weren't getting room and board allowances. It also explains what Gabe had against Brandon -- he didn't want him complaining about the promised room to anyone else. However in the previous chapter, there was the following:

“I grabbed a few of our road crew on my way to the office. Two of ‘em are paying for their own places just like Brandon, and their own meals as well, and guess what, the main ledger shows that you guys shelled out for rooms for everyone at the Holiday Inn. Guys, we have a thief on the team.”

and

“I’ve got news, and it ain’t good news. I talked to more of the crew and found out this is widespread; its been going on at least a year. A few of the old hands remember getting their rooms paid, but nothing recent. ...."

All of these statements are compatible, but only just. If Helen grabbed two crew and spoke to them, I can see them blurting out the truth because they are "afraid" of her. But the older hands should've been different. If they previously had rooms and meals and then didn't, why wasn't something said at the time? I would've expected some complaints (and some of the crew would've left at that time -- and made their reasons vocal). It is possible that Helen and the boys didn't hear anything about it then, but it's unlikely... UNLESS there was someone else besides Gabe who told the roadies about the change and said it was authorised. I think this is further evidence that there is someone other that Gabe involved. Is it Joe Clump, or maybe the boys' father? If, as we learnt in this chapter, the boys are estranged from their father, the father may've decided to skim some extra money from the boys profits.

I disagree. In my humble opinion, the scenes with The Scar give the whole story a Tom Clancy-esque feel. We've got a main story line going on, but we keep seeing these little glimpses of something completely different that changes the whole tone of the story. It builds the tension and anticipation -- how do these two things relate? How are they going to come together?

I should point out that there is a question mark at the end of that title. There is still no guarantee of a kiss between any of the characters. It could even been something completely different, like a cameo by one or more members of the band Kiss. Now, I think that is unlikely, but I just want to point out that our goat is a wiley beast and that we shouldn't expect the obvious from him.

Oh, and the New Zealand accent swaps the sound of 'i' and 'e' in some words... including the word six. This means that a New Zealander saying 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6 would actually sound like some chanting "sex"....

Getting back to Helen, there's something that's bothered me with this chapter and the previous one.

This partially explains why Helen hadn't heard that the crew weren't getting room and board allowances. It also explains what Gabe had against Brandon -- he didn't want him complaining about the promised room to anyone else. However in the previous chapter, there was the following:

and

All of these statements are compatible, but only just. If Helen grabbed two crew and spoke to them, I can see them blurting out the truth because they are "afraid" of her. But the older hands should've been different. If they previously had rooms and meals and then didn't, why wasn't something said at the time? I would've expected some complaints (and some of the crew would've left at that time -- and made their reasons vocal). It is possible that Helen and the boys didn't hear anything about it then, but it's unlikely... UNLESS there was someone else besides Gabe who told the roadies about the change and said it was authorised. I think this is further evidence that there is someone other that Gabe involved. Is it Joe Clump, or maybe the boys' father? If, as we learnt in this chapter, the boys are estranged from their father, the father may've decided to skim some extra money from the boys profits.

B) ....excellent points Graeme, I also suspect Lump may be involved with the skimming, afterall he was chummy with the boys father. So except for Scar, our next set of evildoers for the time being could be Gabe, Lump and dear ole dad.

I have proof! I have proof! Conner is being controlled by the Goat! I found a sculpture made that demonstrates how he's being controlled by Cj!!! Conner, it's okay, the truth will set you free! Cj, what do you have to say for yourself?? :sheep: is right.

Hold on a second, here. :angry: This happened in Vegas and, as we all know, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. Benji, as a Vegas resident, I call upon you to chastise this rogue. :2hands:

Btw, one of the characters in that pic is singing "Under My Thumb" (Rolling Stones, Aftermath, 1966) :unsure:

That was the first time I went for an "Attila the Hun" look. Pretty sexy, eh? B)

Conner

As for the goat erotica, I hope it won't get Conner's and CJ's hormones boiling...

It's a bit late to close the barn door, don't you think? :whistle:

Conner

Edited by Conner
It's a bit late to close the barn door, don't you think? :whistle:

Conner

B) ..........He's right you know "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" (Ok, Conner I did as you asked, now where did you say you posted the video?) :whistle:

Perhaps this was what you were looking for?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIkJgH6uN_c

Or was it more like this:

You know Emoe, there's laws against revealing domestic dipute evidence while the case is still pending... though the 'woman' in the second video is still being ID'd, it is a clear enough shot of Cj being aggrivated for losing his glasses.

Bob :wub:

Oh no, not MORE tar-and-feathering! I might need to do some serious placating here...

Just an innocent, rhetorical question: Would the tar-and-feather plans be scrapped if, perchance, the title of Chapter 6 happened to be "A kiss"? Because, ummm, it is... (Note to the Echidna: This is not a spoiler,exactly, as it is the chapter title, so no spines, please!)

Ok forget the tar & feathers. I would like to see a kiss....and then there's also the other interpertation of T&F. :P Just kidding. Some how the characters don't strike me as the S&M types.

• Site Administrator
Perhaps this was what you were looking for?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIkJgH6uN_c

Or was it more like this:

Damn, I've heard of people not having sex due to one person having a headache, but after watching that second video I imagine you goats are never in the mood :D .

Steve

Damn, I've heard of people not having sex due to one person having a headache, but after watching that second video I imagine you goats are never in the mood :D .

Steve

What are you talking about? That's called foreplay. B)

Actually, when I saw the title of that video come up "Butting Goats" I must admit I got a little worried there. :P

Conner

What are you talking about? That's called foreplay. B)

Actually, when I saw the title of that video come up "Butting Goats" I must admit I got a little worried there. :P

Conner

B) ........Yeah, I would think you should have been!!!!!!

• Site Moderator

Not much I can add to this since I've on the road and I've finally gotten a chance to read this chapter.

I will say, I''ll be happy when Brandon and Chase finally get that first kiss out of the way.

Good chapter CJ.

Jan

Thanks Susan! :hug:

Sick and twisted mind? Moi? :o

Susan, I'll let you in on a secret... We have an anonymous beta reader by the name of Shadowgod, (also, in the past, known as Blackheart). He's the one we blame for all the twisted stuff, like cliffhangers and such. 0:)

Hi Ieshwar! Yes indeed, the scar knows his coffee. I'm not sure about the Czechs though... Unless he uses the explosives there, he's just buying them there. So far, all he;s done is insult their taste in coffee, though admittedly, that wasn't very nice of him. :-)

Hi Bob!

But you only ,issed it by a couple of hours. :)

Well, there is a solution! :)

Just go to the main page of this forum, and click on "forum options", and you can subscribe to the whole forum.

Of couese, the downside to that is it would alert you any time I blathered about anything, but with me being such a lurker, it shouldn't bother you much... 0:)

Hi Camy!

Yes indeed, that's a reference to "Shot of Bourbon" by the SOB writer himself, Shadowgod. :read:

Of course, this means that Shadowgod is to blame for Brandon being outed... 0:)

And what? You don't like Tarantulas? Dang... Well, there goes that xmass gift idea...

Hi Benji!

Well, without revealing too much, I think I can say that Brandon and Chase will encounter the occasional bump in the road. 0:)

I also think you have Helen pegged. :2thumbs:

Quit pretending Mr. C James that you are not sick and twisted, when we all know, from reading , that you most certainly are!!!!!!!!! :lmao:

As for Mr. Shadowgod, yes, I've read allllllllll his stories, waiting for more of his most current story........ Thank you Mr. Shadowgod........ hehehe Very good as always ! :read:

hugs to all

Susan

Quit pretending Mr. C James that you are not sick and twisted, when we all know, from reading , that you most certainly are!!!!!!!!! :lmao:

As for Mr. Shadowgod, yes, I've read allllllllll his stories, waiting for more of his most current story........ Thank you Mr. Shadowgod........ hehehe Very good as always ! :read:

hugs to all

Susan

***begin thread hijacking***

Which current one?

***end thread hijacking***

I told you to watch out for Susan didn't I? Look at the screen name. Do you think she's gonna take any of our guff? Fraid not :lmao:

hi, been reading your story for awhile ^_^

this chapter is great. what I strikes me really hard on brandon is the fact that he is soooo poor :(

& so dejected on what had been done to him & because he seemed to be having a really poor and rough life.

until now :lol:

hope he and chase will work out but I'd like to see how chase will be able to convince brandon :wub:

Hi Rad! Thank you!

Brandon has had it rough, and that makes him feel inferior to the three brothers, something his pride is having great trouble with. :)

What? Me? Tease? Would I ever do such a thing as that? :o

I should point out that there is a question mark at the end of that title. There is still no guarantee of a kiss between any of the characters. It could even been something completely different, like a cameo by one or more members of the band Kiss. Now, I think that is unlikely, but I just want to point out that our goat is a wily beast and that we shouldn't expect the obvious from him.

Hmmm?? Sorry, I must have typo'd... Seriously, the title of Ch 6 is "The Kiss" no question marks. :)

I do need to say one thing that's slightly spoilerish; there will be no cameos by real celebs in the story, nor even mention or real bands. I do use a real magazine name in passing at one point, and the city locations are real to an extent; The scenes in Rome for example. Even the restaurant with the wonderful Calzones near the Trevi fountain is real, or at least was a few years ago. But, no cameos and references to real celebs, so nope, it can't be a member of the band "Kiss" or any reference thereof. :)

Ok forget the tar & feathers. I would like to see a kiss....and then there's also the other interpertation of T&F. :P Just kidding. Some how the characters don't strike me as the S&M types.

ROFL! Well, we shall see. 0:)

Then there's this one of CJ and his minions playing King of the Hill:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-kSZBdmPu0

ROFL! Emoe... Must I remind you that the GA faq clearly forbids displaying personal information about other members? 0:)

Not much I can add to this since I've on the road and I've finally gotten a chance to read this chapter.

I will say, I''ll be happy when Brandon and Chase finally get that first kiss out of the way.

Good chapter CJ.

Jan

Thanks Jan!

I hope your trip is going well!

hugs to all

Susan

Hi Susan!!!

But really, I'm sweet and nice and never write eeevil things.. Any such that you see appearing in my stories are, by proclamation, Shadowgod's fault. :boy:

As for the eeevil one himself, He's just completed his current serial, "Living in Surreality" We are currently harrasing him for a new chapter of "Shot of Bourbon". :)

***begin thread hijacking***

Which current one?

***end thread hijacking***

I told you to watch out for Susan didn't I? Look at the screen name. Do you think she's gonna take any of our guff? Fraid not :lmao:

Gruff? From me? 0:)

Hi Rad! Thank you!

Brandon has had it rough, and that makes him feel inferior to the three brothers, something his pride is having great trouble with. :)

What? Me? Tease? Would I ever do such a thing as that? :o

I feel the love Cj... No comment on the picture means it's true! HA.

Bob :wub:

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..