Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Chapter 14- Shop 'till you drop

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that's a cliffhanger... announcing it's up, and it not being there... now Im waiting, probably gonna make me late for class, cuz I won't get another chance to read it until tomorrow... grrrr.

Post, post, post, post!

Im betting on jo made the announcement last night but didnt mean for it to be visable until the file was online. As for the whole reading thing thing I do some dry run reading or CJ, and hence Ieshwar claiing I'm evil...

I'm not,

Not really...

Dont worry guys youll get your Chapter fix soon. I'm in the same boat, and where he left me hanging is alot worse then where he left you guys :blink:

Steve

Im betting on jo made the announcement last night but didnt mean for it to be visable until the file was online. As for the whole reading thing thing I do some dry run reading or CJ, and hence Ieshwar claiing I'm evil...

I'm not,

Not really...

Dont worry guys youll get your Chapter fix soon. I'm in the same boat, and where he left me hanging is alot worse then where he left you guys :blink:

Steve

B) ......Yeah, "Everybodys Wounded"

B) ......Hip Hip Hurray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B) ..........Another great chapter CJ, I think Eric is rightfully suspious of Jerry, with his shipping business, and with the band playing in Australia later in the tour. It looks like Demitri is going to hook up with Jerry, who will use the bands equipment to hide the weapons and freely move the arms back to the States. I'm betting that Brandon will be savvy enough to recognize that some of the equipment isn't kosher.

This is a great chapter, CJ. Hope you are enjoying your trip by the way.

Chase and Brandon keep having to delay their planned night together. This isn't what I would call a cliffhanger, but it does reveal a certain evil intent on the part of our esteemed author. Maybe chapter 15 will have a happier ending. Next stop...Phoenix.

• Site Moderator

I spotted the announcement around 5:30 am local time today and the chapter was posted.

What I think is funny is the firefox tab. It is currently showing, Let the Music Play Ch14:Shot till you D...

Jan

• Site Moderator

And just so you know, CJ has some back up plans in place, one of which was if something happened to Joe's copy of the files to post, Joe knew who to get them from.

Jan

• Site Administrator

Do you know, this is the first time I've been happy that the chapters get put up while I'm asleep :D I didn't have any of the angst you guys had when the link to the chapter didn't work :P

Okay, over to the other thread for the feedback... Joe -- maybe you or one of the other admins can merge the two threads?

• Site Administrator

One of the things I liked about this chapter was the way the boys walked back from the mall. Yes, it was risky, but Brandon was confident with what he was doing and most of the time, that sort of thing is safe. It would've been too easy to have had something bad happen and I'm really glad CJ didn't do so -- he just built up the tension by having the issue discussed earlier, and then leaving it to the reader to expect the worse when the guys decided to walk. :D

I noticed the comment about the smuggled AK47's. Australia has strong arms control, especially on imports, but with a country as large as ours the borders aren't really that secure. Getting banned weapons into the country isn't impossible if you're persistent enough.

I also liked Jon's comments to Eric about Jerry. There's still something about Lump's dad that has me cautious, but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Finally, I'm really impressed by Zeke. He knows it's in his best interest to not out Brandon, but he didn't need to add that extra comment before they walked back into the room. That, to me, shows that he really doesn't care that Brandon's gay, and it's not just an act to stay on tour with Instinct.

• Site Moderator
Finally, I'm really impressed by Zeke. He knows it's in his best interest to not out Brandon, but he didn't need to add that extra comment before they walked back into the room. That, to me, shows that he really doesn't care that Brandon's gay, and it's not just an act to stay on tour with Instinct.

I can see a few possibilities here as to his reaction.

1. He, is gay.

2. Another member of the band is gay.

3. He doesn't care because of the tour.

4. He just doesn't bother him.

Also, if a person is determined enough, they will find a way to smuggle something into a country.

Jan

• Site Administrator
1. He, is gay.

2. Another member of the band is gay.

3. He doesn't care because of the tour.

4. He just doesn't bother him.

I think 1. is unlikely. CJ doesn't like taking things to extremes, and to have another person in the story that is so closely linked to Brandon being gay would be stretching things too far, I think.

2. is possible -- the entertainment industry (including the music industry) does tend to have a higher level of known gay people. It's not a forgone conclusion, though, and I think it is unlikely to be the case here.

3. is probable. He's made it clear that the tour is important to him and the band, and he doesn't want to mess it up. That's also Helen's take on the situation and why she's not particularly concerned.

4. is probable, too, with my reasoning being that last private comment he made to Brandon. Some people really don't care. This is more likely with those who have encountered a reasonable number of gay people, and, as indicated above, the entertainment/music industry has more known gay people than most sectors of the community.

• Site Administrator

Loved the chapter, the only down side was it made me realize how much I miss CJ's writing.

Along the lines of what Benji was talking about, I know CJ mentioned in the past the two plot lines were not running in complete sync. I was wondering about Jerry and his big mystery date, and then I remembered The Scar and Dimitri sharing a kiss by the fountain. Could it be that Jerry is about to go on a date with The Scar? I feel that Jerry is being honest and forthright with the guys, but I can see him falling for the false pretenses of his "first" date.

As far as Chase and Brandon not being able to hook up, let's just say it was expected :thumbdown: . I will be surprised to see how many chapters until the night before Chase's eighteenth birhday in the spectacular suite. I imagine a bomb scare or a threat on Brandon might be in order to delay their night of bliss. Am I being too pessimistic here? :D

I too was wondering about the meeting with Zeke, and was happy with the way it seemed to turn out. I would imagine that the other two members of Shadow will be all over Zeke about what he needed to talk to Brandon about. Hopefully he holds up his end of the bargain.

Another thing that kinda bugged me was about the corrupted tracks. Why out of all the tracks each member laid down, did only Brandon and Chase's get destroyed. I'm thinking Lump. He has a score to settle with the both of them for being gay, and I wouldn't put it past him. I can't remember if Gabe was around still when the tracks were made, and could he have possibly aided and abetted Lump in trying to disrupt the band before the Phoenix concert.

Well I've speculated and rambled on enough. So I guess I'll patiently wait for the next chapter to be released and have to continue posting in a couple of other forums before they are neglected 0:) .

Steve B)

What I think is funny is the firefox tab. It is currently showing, Let the Music Play Ch14:Shot till you D...

I guess his editors missed that ;) It's been fixed.

Sorry Joe, thanks for getting it fixed. the chapter I edited had the correct title. We don't see it after its created as HTML for posting until it goes online. As CJ always points out, any errors in the finished product are his own.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..