How to be happy ?

If you could make a wish?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What would your choice be?

• Freedom: to stay free everywhere, to be alloyed to show you as you really are, to handle as you like
    • Youth: to preserve your body and your brain from wither, illnesses and age
    • Wisdom: to be able to answer any question about life and death
    • Wealth: to live without any financial restrictions, to be able to spend how much you like when you like
    • Power: to get obedience from anybody around, to be a leader without any restriction
    • Love: to love and be loved for a moment, but not for ever

Why is this poll biased against love? Its been ,ade to discourage anybody from picking it with that "only for a moment" stuff.

Therefore, my vote is for an option which may not have been offered but should have been offered:

True love till death.

Exactly! If I ever run into a fairy and he offers me anything I want. I'd go for true love.

Freedom? Without love can we be truly free?

Eternal youth, watching all your loved ones wither and die.

What do you do with the answer to the big question? Do you really want to know what 42 means?

Money. I've never been anywhere yet where you can buy love, except maybe a dog, but dog's are horrible conversationalists and you have to pick up their shit all the time.

The Big Guy. Everyone kneels down to the Boss, but no one respects you, no one loves you.

Even true love for a moment would be better than anything. No strings. No conditions. No risks. No worry. Simply love. To be loved and to express love, true love for a moment or for all the eternities that have been or will ever exist has to be my choice.

Carl :boy:

p.s. But, you know, I'd probably tell the fairy I want to switch places.

Well as the question is worded, I would really only consider two, and that's wealth and wisdom. If I was to meet a fairy right now, I already have the amount of freedom I enjoy. I don't like the idea of never aging, I would just like to age gracefully, and I'm still in my youthful stage anyway. Power means nothing to me if it's not for a good reason. I don't just want to be able to control people... bleh. Love would have been something I would have considered, but the option is for a moment, and I think that's going to happen anyway.

I went with wealth. I would be so bored if I just knew everything, I like the process of learning. With wealth, I could afford to do a lot with my life that would go into the other areas. Take wisdom, for instance. Unlimited wealth means no college loans, no restriction to what I may want to study. I could also get a personal trainer and preserve my body the natural way, with health care that is unparalleled.

I just think it's the most convenient of the ones listed. Everything else is something that I feel I have to obtain through experience.

Money can't buy happiness, but it can often rent a decent substitute for it. It would be nice to have enough money that you are not obsessed with it, but not to have so much money that you are obsessed with it. Warren Buffet says that he wanted to give his children enough money that they could do anything, but not enough money that they could do nothing.

Wisdom is good, but to have all you need/want/can have wouldn't be too interesting. The pursuit of wisdom is a very rich life-long process, and its own reward. And there are things that you can sort of know intellectually, but can't really understand without experience.

Youth is over-rated, and anyway these days people age much more slowly than they did, and it's not just because I'm getting old. Health is another thing. Some kind of health challenges may be blessings in disguise because they make you take better care of yourself and make you aware of your mortality and thus make you appreciate the time you have. But without at least some decent level of health and some control over chronic things, it's hard to enjoy much else.

Power, as defined above, doesn't sound like much fun. And even if it starts out to be, the old truth that power corrupts will get you in the end.

I voted for freedom. It gives you the opportunity to strive for all the others anyway.

And as for love, did anybody say how cute that fairy is?

I Thought the fairy was a she... :unsure:

Most fairies and pixies of forests, marshes, swards, thickets, meadows, flower gardens, and the like, are immortal, created beings and are unfortunately sexless. Some will assume gender, but it is only for our benefit and is probably treated as a joke among themselves. They have a lot of fun with us; offering untold riches in exchange for a night of gayety and revelry, which usually results in a headache and a horrible nauseous feeling the next morning.

Urban fairies are another story, entirely; and, they tend to be quite cute, some might say amazingly cute. So cute you want to

They have a lot of fun with us; offering untold riches in exchange for a night of gayety and revelry, which usually results in a headache and a horrible nauseous feeling the next morning.

Carl :boy:

But are they tops or bottoms? 0:)

Well, guys, tchao! The fairy has chosen me! :P

*Cute fairy says sayonnara to everyone* (it was a japanese fairy)

Happy Ieshwar

No! Not the Japanese fairy! Run! Flee! She's not what she appears to be! There are not enough pachinko balls in the world to save you! Run! Flee! Save yourself! Your family! Run! Flee!