Australia Day

• Site Administrator

Thanks, Jack!

Australia Day is Jan 26th -- the same as India's Republic Day. In our case, it's the date of the landing of the First Fleet that started the colonisation of Australia by Europeans.

Since the 26th was a Saturday, most of the country is also having the Monday off to make it a long weekend, apart from New South Wales, whose State Government decided that the Saturday was the public holiday.

• Site Administrator

Happy Australia Day!!!

After reading this entry here and realizing that we are probably too late for 2008, we should nominate Graeme for 'Australian of The Year' for 2009 :P

Hope you all enjoy the weekend. :D

Steve B)

• Site Administrator
Happy Austrilia Day! Enjoy your long weekend Graeme!

Steve

Thanks, Steve, but I should point out that we have a number of other Australian members here, too, who are active in the forums :) It's only the NSW ones who have missed out on the long weekend :(

Thanks, Steve, but I should point out that we have a number of other Australian members here, too, who are active in the forums :) It's only the NSW ones who have missed out on the long weekend :(

I didn't mean to exclude the other Aussie's on the site (yes, I do know they exist :P )... I guess I should proof read what I'm typing so I'm clear.

Hope you all had a great weekend and are sufficiently recovered by now!

Steve

• 1 year later...
  • Site Administrator

If I am correct, Tuesday is Australia Day. So.........

Happy Australia Day !!

Hope you have a great party. It seems over the past year we have acquired a lot of new members from Down Under specool.gif

Enjoy

• Site Administrator

On behalf of the other Australian members, thank you :)

Personally, I took a day of annual leave on Monday to make it a four day weekend, and I spent some quality time with boys. Alas, it's now Wednesday here and I have to do this disgusting thing called... (takes a deep breath)... work.

• Site Administrator

When America finally sinks, I plan to swim to Australia.

It's a long haul but I'll be in beach shape once I get there.

Just remember, James, that the Great White Sharks and an endangered species, so please don't kill too many on the swim here. Otherwise, have fun on the swim! :D

Happy Australia Day!

To all our Australian members, have a great Australia Day, and watch out for all the scary Australian wildlife;

Box Jellyfish

Blue-ring Octopus

8 out of 10 of the world's deadliest snakes (including the most deadly)

And the scariest and most dangerous of all, the Echidna!