Clay Aiken is Gay

NaperVic

About time, it's not like anyone didn't know.

Yeah, this sums it up nicely.

I must say I'm quite disappointed that Clay finally came out. He was my standby 'see what a joke you can turn yourself into when everyone knows your gay and you won't admit it' example.

At this point he has a long way to go before he can be respectable or expect to be taken seriously, but at least he's finally on the right track.

EVEN I KNEW IT AND MY GAYDAR IS THE PROTOTYPE FROM THE STONE AGE! Yeesh!

Well . . . someones a little CAPS-happy. And as for Clay Gayken, nobody cares. I think more care about Lindsay Lohan, but not by much.

Edited by Nerotorb

Yeah with hit gay songs like I will Survive and Its Raining men lol

Tiger! Suspecting James is gay. Well there is the whole goodbye my lover video.. Man has affair with gay dude kills him and his girlfriend who is prego with the baby. Mika he's sooo gay! Wait he's british so he's Camp lol. Clay Aiken you don't even need a gaydar to know that he was gay. Omg on idol every year theres gay people and they are like "I SOUND JUST LIKE CLAY AIKEN AND LIKE OMG HE"S MY IDOL" Didn't he get caught in like a gay chatroom on webcam? I thought i read that somewhere like a year or 2 ago and people were recording it.

HAHA! Not Surprising!

Well, with one of the largest television audience in the US (Don't know why anymore?) American Idol is a cultural phenomenon. This reaction could be fun to watch among his fans and it should be fun to watch what the american audience's feelings are.

Now, James Blunt, I'll give that out for a Jury. I have a feeling he experimented at least with guys, but Gay is what you are, not just the sex. Mika is 100% Gay, but closet for cultural reasons.

Now something really shocking would be the revelation that Simon Cowell is gay, haha! :P:P

Wow, sure took him long enough. I love how celebrities come out with stuff (and not just the gay thing) that people all ready know. It was quite obvious, especially in this case lol.

Ummm...I have no idea who this Clay Aiken bloke is... but why the hostility? I could understand it if he was always saying that gay people should be killed or whatever but...from what I can gather he's just some famous bloke who's come out.

Also:

but Gay is what you are, not just the sex.

If gay is about more than being attracted to guys...where does that leave me? I can't even tell the difference between the 3 shades of beige that my mum spends ages trying to decide between...

Martin

Ummm...I have no idea who this Clay Aiken bloke is... but why the hostility? I could understand it if he was always saying that gay people should be killed or whatever but...from what I can gather he's just some famous bloke who's come out.

Also:

If gay is about more than being attracted to guys...where does that leave me? I can't even tell the difference between the 3 shades of beige that my mum spends ages trying to decide between...

Martin

IMO, he's been a big douchbag about it for several years. Anytime anyone asked him about he'd be very rude and/or just leave. It's fine that he didn't wanna talk about it, but he could've handled it with ease instead of acting as if someone accused him of being a serial killer. And his psychotic fans were all "CLAY ISN'T GAY!!! WE'LL KILL YOU!" about it, and this is kinda hilarious because of that. Everyone knew he was gay(it's so obvious, sorry but it is) except for the Claymates(what they call themselves, lol), that refused to admit it. So him admitting it is hilarious because of it being obvious as well as him making every Claymate WRONG! I dunno, at least I find that funny. :D

Clumber-

Imagine if you will a very famous and flaming fairy priestess who for whatever reason refuses to come out. That's Clay Aiken.

I'm sorry that he came out. He's bad for out image.

James

• Site Administrator

I have to say that I'm a little shocked and slightly saddened by some of the posts above.

I thought it was the number one principle that it should always be an individual's choice as to when, where and how they come out. Just because everyone 'knew' it already, that doesn't mean he should be lambasted for finally coming out.

Yes, James, before you comment, I know that not everyone gets that choice. Some people are thrown out, rather than coming out :hug: , but, in principle, a person should be allowed to determine their own sexuality in their own time, and be allowed to inform the world (or any subset of it) the way they want to and when they want to.

Clay clearly didn't want to discuss it previously. That may have been for purely pragmatic/cynical reasons (he may have perceived that coming out would hurt his career -- and that is sad enough by itself without making it to a negative for Clay), or it could be that he's been struggling to accept that he's gay. What's been going on in his private life that could have stopped him from wanting to admit to himself he's gay? We don't really know....

Eh... so the guy wasn't comfortable with making his sexuality a nation-wide issue. How many of you would feel entirely comfortable going before literally millions of people at all much less with the expectation that you're going to have your talent on display and hope you don't screw it up and then on top of that there's all these rumors about you that you know are true but have nothing to do with your talent...

I have never watched an episode of American Idol. I have no attatchment to this guy one way or the other. I have done public speaking in the form of debates watched by around 20 members of my team, 20 members of my opponents' team, and a judge whose job is to judge me and of course parents watching to see how I'll do.... I was nervous enough as it was the last thing i needed was to be wondering if the judge was judging me thinking ".... gay." or if all the audience members were watching me thinking "man this guy is so gay" ... especially considering I wasn't out even to myself at the time. If after the debate some local reporter or whatever had come up to me and wanted a quick interview and suddenly instead of asking me about the issue turned around and asked me if I wanted to sex me up a guy... first I would blush so hard you'd think my face was on fire and then I'd run/stumble out of the room and probably not stop until i collapsed in some corner to hide in.

Let the guy have some slack. He's got a world of new responsibilities now with his son and among the things he's taken on is to be open and honest about his sexuality - likely in the hopes that with his status as a public figure, by being open about it he'll be helping to create a more tolerant and accepting world for his son. Is it a shock that he's gay? No. Was it probably a bit painful to those of us who are out to watch our 'american idol' deny who he was? Well it must have been for some of you with the way you're reacting, but set that aside and try to remember what its like in the closet when its just your family and maybe your school to worry about knowing, then multiply that number of people concerned with your sexuality by millions.

Clay shouldn't be considered tarnishing to our image. He's just a guy. A gay guy, with a lot of talent, who was under far more pressure than most of us could even conceive, and he's doing the best he knows how as he moves along through life. He should be celebrated, not shunned, and there are several in this topic who should be ashamed.