Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Changing Lanes - Chapter 27

MikeL

Cliff James has released Chapter 27 of Changing Lanes. The chapter title is "Drums out of Darkness". Where did he get that?

Enjoy reading!

Strange - is it not? That of the myriads who

Before us passed the door of Darkness through,

Not one returns to tell us of the road

Which to discover we must travel too.

~ Horace

Well, it seems Cody is out of the picture as far as Eric is concerned:

One time, at a concert, I kissed a guy I was alone with backstage. I liked him, he was a really cool guy, but when I kissed him, I just didn't feel

Wonder if the scar knows already about the betrayal, generals and Felicia's teamwork thought worked out great, almost thought that Eric's mom really had the same gift.

I declare a small cliffe, have to wait to see what will happen between Eric and Jansen.

Great chapter, very action packed for both storylines!

I'm curious about why the general felt it was important to rotate the plane. Hmm, perhaps he's OCD and it would have really bothered him to die in an askew aircraft. :mellow:

With that volcano brewing it looks like things are heating up for everyone!

I declare a small cliffe, have to wait to see what will happen between Eric and Jansen.

You are right, Drew. The goat keeps dragging out the volcano thing so that I get fixated on that. The Eric/Jansen situation is the real cliffhanger in this chapter.

That was a great chapter. I'm not going to scream cliffhanger (for once). You can't have everything worked out in the chapter, because otherwise the story would be over and we would not have more chapters in which to read.

Keith is definitely a good guy. While he hindered things for a while, he now realizes that the first mistake, and the one that might have created others, was in assuming that Eric was just looking for a piece of ass. Now it looks like Eric and Jansen will end up together, and it makes me happy.

The general is a smart man. He knew that The Scar was out to double-cross him. I also think I know the real reason as to why Felicia saved his bacon. I see the beginnings of love here. It's a classic love-hate relationship! At least, that is what I am starting to think. Any thoughts?

I declared a small cliffe to pick on him seesh :P

Eh they might date but, it's sorta for them like two old retired military man working out a plan. I want to learn more about Brian, and what about his friend if he's a traitor or not?

Looks like Eric and Jansen will finally come to an understanding. I wonder if the General is planning a little sand storm for his arriving guests?

Or, release some chemicals from the bunkers and blow them into the Iranians faces.

• Site Moderator
Looks like Eric and Jansen will finally come to an understanding. I wonder if the General is planning a little sand storm for his arriving guests?

Or, release some chemicals from the bunkers and blow them into the Iranians faces.

At which point, he'd have to turn the plane around to do. I get the impression, the plane would currently be facing in their direction. He'd have a better chance of blowing up a sand storm from the rear of the plane.

Good chapter, Cliff! Lots of action in Iran and a clearer picture of what the Scar is after...or, at least, what he is not after. General Bradson and Felicia finally understand each other.

Of course, that volcano is venting again, perpetuating an evil, goat-inspired cliffhanger.

Yup - I'm sorry for Cody.

I hope Eric and Janse will hit it off. Sort of like Brandon and Chase.

I figured something is happening with Eric.

Hehehe too bad for Jon - if he's to be the only str8 - You think Julie going to be surprised.

Maybe Julie should go lesibian and drop her husband.

Then your can pretty much say everyone practically gay.

It looks like 2/3 sources says - get off the island.

The boat thing is risky - they will risk getting hit by a rogue wave.

A hot air balloon is better!!

or a submarine (maybe the general could get one over)

hehe maybe the general will land the c130 to pick up everybody.

At which point, he'd have to turn the plane around to do. I get the impression, the plane would currently be facing in their direction. He'd have a better chance of blowing up a sand storm from the rear of the plane.
Over a unit radio, he asked to speak with the Sartip (Brigadier General) who commanded the base, and was now two miles to the north with the bulk of men that made up the battalion of Revolutionary Guard stationed there.
Slipping into the pilot's seat, General Bradson advanced the throttles slightly, letting the idling turbine engines spool up before saying over the noise, ""I'm going to pivot us ninety degrees so we're pointing south."

If the Iranians are to the north and the plane is pointing south, the rear of the plane is in position to blow something toward the Iranians.

Yep, that is how I saw it too. Blowing sand with a touch of 'aromatic' seems likely, the General will still have to contend with the enemy above, but Felicia should have that solved. Time is of the essence here, how long to load the Scars package? Then get the hell out of dodge, Humm, wasn't there only one other person that knows of the Scars intent? The cook I think, hopefully Felicia is on top that one or at least Wilhelm is aware of Scars planted agent. I'm beginning to think the Scars demise is not planned in this series, perhaps the goat intends to keep 'Dr. Scarlove' around for another time.

The general is a smart man. He knew that The Scar was out to double-cross him. I also think I know the real reason as to why Felicia saved his bacon. I see the beginnings of love here. It's a classic love-hate relationship! At least, that is what I am starting to think. Any thoughts?

I can't imagine that! The general seems much too old for her and not inclined toward dating younger people. I don't get the impression Felicia would go for older guys either. Plus, they don't seem like they have much in common and like they have very different values. Just doesn't look like a promising romance to me.

Hehehe too bad for Jon - if he's to be the only str8 - You think Julie going to be surprised.

I think you mean Jane, not Julie.

Good chapter, Cliff! Lots of action in Iran and a clearer picture of what the Scar is after...or, at least, what he is not after. General Bradson and Felicia finally understand each other.

Of course, that volcano is venting again, perpetuating an evil, goat-inspired cliffhanger.

Cody, I'm afraid, is indeed out of the picture. He couldn't be in it for a lot of reasons, but one is that the timelines for the story have diverged. In DnCW, a week or so has passed. In Changing Lanes, we're now almost a year since the San Francisco kiss.

Now, as for the volcanoe; why does it worry you so? It's not venting much. In fact, it says this;

Deep beneath Cumbre Vieja, magma was on the move, forcing open fissures deep underground as it pried open its ancient rift system, which ran north to south along fracture zones. Along the way it encountered ground water, heating it to thousands of degrees, generating enormous pressures that could not yet find relief.

It's not venting, the pressure is just building up instead. See? Nothing to worry about. :)

I liked Keith's way of getting the guys to talk to him. Then his simple solution to get them to talk to each other.

Things do seem to be getting a little hotter for the general.

I liked that too. :) Keith had the right idea IMHO. :)

That was a great chapter. I'm not going to scream cliffhanger (for once). You can't have everything worked out in the chapter, because otherwise the story would be over and we would not have more chapters in which to read.

Keith is definitely a good guy. While he hindered things for a while, he now realizes that the first mistake, and the one that might have created others, was in assuming that Eric was just looking for a piece of ass. Now it looks like Eric and Jansen will end up together, and it makes me happy.

Thank you Tim!!! Definitely no cliffhangers in this chapter (like all my chapters, actually). :)

I declared a small cliffe to pick on him seesh :P

Eh they might date but, it's sorta for them like two old retired military man working out a plan. I want to learn more about Brian, and what about his friend if he's a traitor or not?

Picking on poor, innocent me. Shame on you! :P

Yup - I'm sorry for Cody.

It looks like 2/3 sources says - get off the island.

The boat thing is risky - they will risk getting hit by a rogue wave.

A hot air balloon is better!!

or a submarine (maybe the general could get one over)

hehe maybe the general will land the c130 to pick up everybody.

The boat plan, a tender ride from the beach using a cruise ship's tenders (carried along with the lifeboats and hoisted in and out of the water on davits, like the lifeboats) isn't risky; I've done it quite a few times. For a beach landing, the tenders deploy powered Zodiacs to get through the surf. That can be interesting in high surf, but I've only been swamped once doing that. Hrmmm, make that twice, come to think of it... one capsized, and that got kind of exciting, due to being strapped in. Lol, okay so maybe its a little risky. :)

The only problem with the C-130 idea is the ash that's closed the airport; it shuts down aircraft engines fast. :)

Now a question for everyone: How old is the General, and how old is Felecia? :)

From back in chapter four, when we first meet Felecia, Wilhelm, and Horst, we have the following;

The General

Great Chapter CJ :worship:

It does seem that things across the story are "heating up"; The volcano, a possible Eric and Janse relationship, and the Generals rescue mission.

Every thing seems to becoming together and hopefully the General and his son make it out alive.

Sad thing is we didn't see Chase or Brandon in that last chapter. :angry:

I wonder if the Scar knows about the volcano brewing on the island. If not he could do himself in if he decides to pay Eric a visit.

The whole cliff hanger thing.... at least its not like TV shows where we have to wait months to find out what happens when they end the season with a cliff hanger. Here we only wait days.... which isn't a bad thing.

Edward

• Site Administrator

Great chapter CJ, but I'm a little p.o'd at you :angry:

If we look at the clues in this chapter and in other forums belonging to CJ, this is what I can figure out.

CJ will be around the Canary Islands in a little while and is planning on taking pictures and climbing Cumbre Vieja. Now how is he getting to the islands where he may be able to take pictures of the island from a distance.

Here is my guess.

Our dear goat will somehow get himself on the ship that Helen has arranged to rescue them from the island. This means while we wait anxiously for a chapter, CJ will be partying it up, maybe even taking in a strip show or two with Eric, Jansen, Keith, Jon, Chase, Brandon, Helen, Barbara, Jane, Jim, Linda and god knows who else.

Somehow you have written yourself into the story :P .

I guess I'm not really po'd, maybe more jealous :lol: .

After all, this is a non fiction story.....right? B)

Great Chapter CJ :worship:

It does seem that things across the story are "heating up"; The volcano, a possible Eric and Janse relationship, and the Generals rescue mission.

Every thing seems to becoming together and hopefully the General and his son make it out alive.

Sad thing is we didn't see Chase or Brandon in that last chapter. :angry:

I wonder if the Scar knows about the volcano brewing on the island. If not he could do himself in if he decides to pay Eric a visit.

The whole cliff hanger thing.... at least its not like TV shows where we have to wait months to find out what happens when they end the season with a cliff hanger. Here we only wait days.... which isn't a bad thing.

Edward

Thanks Edward!

:)

Great chapter CJ, but I'm a little p.o'd at you :angry:

If we look at the clues in this chapter and in other forums belonging to CJ, this is what I can figure out.

CJ will be around the Canary Islands in a little while and is planning on taking pictures and climbing Cumbre Vieja. Now how is he getting to the islands where he may be able to take pictures of the island from a distance.

Here is my guess.

Our dear goat will somehow get himself on the ship that Helen has arranged to rescue them from the island. This means while we wait anxiously for a chapter, CJ will be partying it up, maybe even taking in a strip show or two with Eric, Jansen, Keith, Jon, Chase, Brandon, Helen, Barbara, Jane, Jim, Linda and god knows who else.

Somehow you have written yourself into the story :P .

I guess I'm not really po'd, maybe more jealous :lol: .

After all, this is a non fiction story.....right? B)

By sheer coincidence, I will be traveling via cruise ship. 0:)

Besides, unless I can get another look at Eric's diary and the General's diary, where would the new chapters come from? 0:)

Haha! I wondered about this 'planned' trip, hummmm! and the timing does seems to be ominous here. Perhaps the real reason for the trip is to document the famous cliff climbing goats on the volcano.

Cliff climbing goats? Well, umm, goats don't like cliffs. :P

Great chapter!

At this point I am most interested in what Felicia's goals/interests are. I don't know if she will wind up dating the general but I can imagine them becoming friends.

We learn quite a bit more about Felecia soon. All I can say is, there are reasons for many things. :)

CJ, you set me up! :angry: That was nasty. :thumbdown:

Anyway, I'm back to loving Eric again. :wub:

Aww, but goat-buddy, misunderstandings happen, and they had one. :)

BTW, Kudos to AFriendlyFace for figuring out what was going on. :worship:

In the Ch 26 thread, Kevin wrote,

OK, am I the only one who thought Jansen misread what Eric was saying?

It seemed more like a poor choice of words - which was only poor because of what was going on in Jansen's head in the first place - than a proclamation of casual intent.

So far their relationship has been set up to look like it's going to be serious. Jon pointed out that Eric had never looked at anyone like that before. Much has been mentioned about how much Eric cares about Jansen (and Keith of course), and primarily Eric has expressed his dissatisfaction over his casual hook-up lifestyle. Didn't he even say to Jon that he was considering a relationship? (Maybe not I could be wrong, maybe Jon only asked him, or maybe they only hinted at it, or maybe I misread it completely.)

To me Eric wasn't saying "I want to try sex with guys with you." He was saying, "I want to try being in a relationship with you." Both are new to Eric, and he does need to 'try' them, so it's understandable that he could mean to say one and the other be interpreted, but I didn't think for even a minute that he was telling Jansen he only wanted to experiment.

Think about the way it was written. CJ set the stage by commenting on the pure emotion between them, and how Eric was aware of that. I don't think Eric was expressing his desire for a hook-up at all. Jansen just interpreted it that way because his guard was up and because Keith planted that idea in his head.

Spot-on!

This also gives me an opportunity to thank him for his influence. His Story Buy me a Drink (BMad) also features an exotic dancer, who uses "cover" relationships to avoid getting hit on. He also hates the term "stripper" and prefers "exotic dancer". I've been trying to figure out (including talking to Kevin) just how much plagerisim I've done here. Even I don't know. I think, but am not certain, that I envisioned Jansen and Keith's "cover" before I read Bmad. I don't remember and I'm far from sure. The "exotic dancers" part, well, that did enter the story long after I read Bmad, and thus is IMHO most likely subconsciously stolen by me. BTW, I highly recommend reading BMad, it's a great read!! Thank you Kevin!!!

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..