Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

King of Cliffhanger Award scheming

Well, for those who haven't seen the official announcement, here it is.

The Writers Support Team is pleased to announce, it's that time of year again. Nominations and voting for the 2009 Readers Choice Awards will begin in early January 2010. More details will be posted soon.

There is also a couple of new rules starting this year.

Since the stories are not available to everyone, Premium Content stories are not eligible for nominations.

In the spirit of fairness and fun, an Author can only receive the Cliffhangers Award for no more than two years in a row. The third year, the author will be ineligible for nomination.

Please note the part at the end. Authors cannot receive the King Of Cliffhanger award for more than two years in a row.

This of course means that I am INELIGIBLE!

for King of Cliffhangers!

This is, of course, absolutely reasonable, because, as we all know, I never use cliffhangers.

Oh, and although I have no doubts I'll be accused of it, the fact is, I had nothing to do with this. It was not my idea, nor did I play any role in the discussion or voting. Did I know about the result? Yes, but no more than that. Feel free to ask any member of the WST: I never enter into decision-making on the awards, due to conflict of interest (I've been a nominee in the past).

Ok, now, is this a good time to mention again that Graeme is currently under indictment by the Cliffhanger Police, and I had nothing to do with that, either?

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

• Site Administrator

Merry Christmas to you, too, CJ :P

Can you please point out what cliffhangers I've posted this year? I'd be interested in how your very active imagination answers that question :devil:

I think the latest chapter of Twilight1 is a strong contender.

1- no sparkly vampires are involved.

There is NO DOUBT this is a strong contender. RPGs, jeeps BOOM

Sounds like a definite contender to me! :2thumbs:

With the name of this topic, C James is admitting to evil scheming. :P

Also, I have pointed out a good replacement for this year, someone whose had more evil cliffhangers in 2009 than I can count on all my toes.

Yes, Mark is indeed a contender!

But what, me? Scheme? 0:)

Actually, if I was ever inclined to post a cliffhanger, I'd do so now, due to my ineligibility. But, of course, I haven't and won't. And, incidentally, I'd be ineleigable anyway; I've posted no cliffhangers in 2009. :)

Merry Christmas to you, too, CJ :P

Can you please point out what cliffhangers I've posted this year? I'd be interested in how your very active imagination answers that question :devil:

Merry Christmas, Graeme! 0:)

It must be hard, having the holidays while under that indictment... :ph34r:

And I see you've cleverly placed me in an evil conundrum!

I could very easily list your cliffhangers posted this year, EXCEPT, in order to do so, I'd have to post spoilers, and thus have reason to fear your anti-spoiler wrath.

So, therefor, unless I receive a waiver on the spoiler issue regarding this year's chapters of Price of Friendship, I cannot list the cliffhangers. All I can do is encourage people to go read it, and see for themselves. Then, they will understand why you, alone of the members of this forum, are under INDICTMENT BY THE CLIFFHANGER POLICE!

And speaking of Cliffhanger Police... I'm thinking we should organize such a force here on GA, perhaps a Cliffhanger Sheriff? There are, after all, many transgressors on this board, and readers must be defended from this rampant evil!

Now, though I don't ever use cliffhangers myself, I know 'em when I see them, so... I hereby volunteer to pin on the badge, and go on patrol, leaving no stone unturned in seeking out cliffhangers, and bringing the transgressing authors to a swift and sure justice! :cowboy: :cowboy: :cowboy: :cowboy:

• Site Moderator

I think the latest chapter of Twilight1 is a strong contender.

Yes, and I pointed that out to you also.

I've also let EmulatedLove know he could get nominated because of his stories.

Graemes indictment may have been from 2007, but he did give us some cliffhangers with The Price of Friendship.

I can verify that CJ did not know about the rule change until it appeared for official discuss with the WST. I had held a pm discussion with the rest of the team earlier in the year. He did make a post, but it was to register his surprise. When it comes to Award discussions, he does not vote.

I smell a dirty goat.. stinky.

How'd you pay the other WST members off, goat? hmm? I know Sharon can't be bought, but the rest I'm not so sure...

You obviously don't know Sharon very well. biggrin.gif

Did CJ send the money straight to your Swiss bank account Princess?tongue.gif

my vote i think would have to be......hmm...i've only read about 4 stories, 2008 should have been Vlista with is drop off on chapter 14 of one moment!!! seriously who pulls a year an some cliffhanger story? not impressed!!! anyway since i'm currently reading marks stories, my vote would have to lie in his field.

• Like 1

Cayman Islands Bank

Grand Cayman

A well-dressed brunette walked confidently into the bank, breezing past the security guards. They knew her. They feared her. She did not stop to talk to the tellers, for they were but pawns, peons in the monolith of global banking. Instead, she strode confidently to the office of the manager, surprised to find a new man in charge.

"May I help you?" he said politely.

The brunette looked at him sharply and laughed. "Any thing is possible." Only her laugh was not pleasant, it was malicious. "Aren't you supposed to introduce yourself?"

"Conner. My name is Conner. I'm the new manager. They fired the last guy, someone named Tiger. He was harrassing all the male tellers."

"These are your problems, not mine," she replied coldly. "I'm here for my money."

"Your money ma'am?" he asked.

"I'm Sharon."

"You're Sharon?" he gasped. He felt his throat muscles tighten, as if he were being choked, and not in the pleasant way that he normally enjoyed.

Her eyes flashed fire. "Yes I'm Sharon. Now give me my money before I turn you into dust."

He nodded, and began scrambling to throw dollars and pounds, and even some of that almost-worthless Canadian money into a sack for her. "Here it is ma'am. Please don't dissolve me like the last guy," he pleaded.

"Is it all there? The latest transfer from CJ, and my payment from Arbour? That bastard's a tightwad. You'd think he was on Social Security and drove a Buick."

"It's all there ma'am. Please, just don't hurt me," he said, almost in tears.

"You may live, for now," she said, as she breezed out of the bank, money in hand.

biggrin.gif

• Site Administrator

Good to see the debate is heating up for this prestigious award thumbsupsmileyanim.gif .

I would like to point you all to another forum regarding renaming the cliffhanger award .

It is great to see one member of the WST has already weighed into the debate and had a suggestion innocent.gif .

my vote i think would have to be......hmm...i've only read about 4 stories, 2008 should have been Vlista with is drop off on chapter 14 of one moment!!! seriously who pulls a year an some cliffhanger story? not impressed!!! anyway since i'm currently reading marks stories, my vote would have to lie in his field.

Well, I joined in 2007, and I don't think Vance has been around since shortly after my appearance. I'm not saying it's my doing, just that he's been gone for a long time. Sharon would know more. His stories are awesome, the ones I've read anyway, but I will not read the incomplete one. This is the last post of his. It's from November, 14, 2007 as a matter of fact, so if he's been on here since then, he has not posted. While it is probably a cliffhanger, it's not eligible, because it's been over 2 years since any of it was posted. I'm looking at the list. He last posted a chapter in June of 2007. I'm sure he'll turn up eventually though.

• Site Administrator

He nodded, and began scrambling to throw dollars and pounds, and even some of that almost-worthless Canadian money into a sack for her. "Here it is ma'am. Please don't dissolve me like the last guy," he pleaded.

You have pissed off a nation my friend. I will be putting in 32 million votes for you on their behalf tongue.gif

You have pissed off a nation my friend. I will be putting in 32 million votes for you on their behalf tongue.gif

Most of the Canadians on here know that I love them, so I figured I could get away with a friendly jab or two. biggrin.gifwub.gif

32 million. That many? Really? specool.gif

Most of the Canadians on here know that I love them, so I figured I could get away with a friendly jab or two. biggrin.gifwub.gif

32 million. That many? Really? specool.gif

Mark, I'm figuring that he's knowing what Canadians do on those long winter nights...and I don't think bowling is a Canadian pastime, like it is in the US Midwest during winter.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..