Personally, I've always been frightened of Oompa Loompas from Willy Wonka. I was scared of clowns after watching the movie It. And after watching Jeepers Creeper 1 and 2, I was too scared to drive out on the country side at dark. XD

And my newest fright was watching The Matrix, when that bug went into his belly button. I wanted to gag and make sure my own belly was safe.

Anyone else have silly little frights after watching a movie?

• Like 1

The idea of the parasitic alien from "the Aliens" movies gives me the creeps.

We tend to think of predators as the top of the food chain but parasites in nature are numerous. Who is to say that in a different ecology the top of the food chain might just be or have evolved from a parasite?

This is going to be a very disturbing thread...

I myself felt unease after watching The Ring, mainly the ferry scene - but it worked only the first time I've seen it and mainly because it was dark and I was watching it alone.

And anything that is moving under the skin is making me unease too!

The only time, that I can recall, that a movie scared the hell out of me occurred when I was 8 or 9 years old.

Only thing I remember about the movie is the name: "The White Gorilla" and that it really scared me. It scared me enough that I went into my dad's tool box and got the hammer and put it under my pillow when I went to bed that night. I guess it was a case that "No Stinkin' White Gorilla was going to get me without a fight." :o

The only other thing I remember about the incident was trying to explain the hammer to my parents the next day. :lol:

The Borg. For I am an out and proud Star Trek geek.

Also that Zombie baby from whatever one of the Romaro films it was. Gives me the shivers.

Also it's not exactly a fright, more cringey and unwatchable, but in Saw 2... the needle pit. I've never recovered.

I used to be scared of everything, so much so that I couldn't watch a horror movie without being so scared I had nightmares and couldn't sleep for weeks.

And then something changed. It was as if a switch was flicked. I have watched all the biggies... All the saws,the hostels and the final destinations and nothing scares me any more. A lot has happened in my own life in that time that makes me think that maybe the horrors of the real world eclipse those of the screen world where, after all once the screen is switched off it's all over. Wish I could do that to life too (ummm that was not a suicide wish, just a wish that the bad things that happen could be switched off now and again)

I was about 15, "Alien" had come out, and it was on a bootleg VHS. Grainy quality, which added to the whole "atmosphere". I stayed overnight at a friends house (had a mad crush on the boy), we were in the dark, under blankets, middle of the night, and I had no idea what the movie was about. Hadn't even seen a poster. So I'm in a strange house, nervous anyway, and kind of hyped (because you know, 15).

The things over the peoples faces. With acid in them. WTF is that?

The "pilot".

The thing that popped out of that dude's stomach sent me over the top of, and then behind the couch. Yelling "I cant take this shit I can't take this shit".

Eric convinced me to get back on the couch with him (BONUS). We hugged a lot after that (BONUS!) because he was just as TERRIFIED as I was.

I watched paranormal activity the other day, and i'm ashamed to say that i couldn't sleep alone for like three days lol, i dunno but every time I turned off the light i started imagining that stupid demon creeping at me! Luckily I found people willing to spend the night with me so i could sleep ^^

and after watching a final destination marathon, me and 4 friends couldnt ride rollar costers for months!!!!

Surely you would have more to worry about NOT going on the roller coaster Tee Hee.

I watched paranormal activity the other day, and i'm ashamed to say that i couldn't sleep alone for like three days lol, i dunno but every time I turned off the light i started imagining that stupid demon creeping at me! Luckily I found people willing to spend the night with me so i could sleep ^^

Yeah... like you needed an excuse or a reason to have someone sleep with you :P

The idea of the parasitic alien from "the Aliens" movies gives me the creeps.

We tend to think of predators as the top of the food chain but parasites in nature are numerous. Who is to say that in a different ecology the top of the food chain might just be or have evolved from a parasite?

That was the first movie I saw as a teenager that really, really had me jumping out of my seat!

Didn't see that one, but just on IFC last night was a movie with George C. Scott called The Changeling...nothing can scare you more than an angry ghost.

Yeah... like you needed an excuse or a reason to have someone sleep with you :P

Lol don't be so sure! I can be a really annoying 'nap partner' :P I like to cuddle like i did when i was like six and i'd choke my giant pink teddy bear....huh i guess i'm starting to see why i turned out kinda gay ^^

Edit: My lil bro saw a movie called the fourth kind with his friends last night and he's really spooked lol so there's another scary movie for ya

Edited by JamieD

I went into Paranormal activity pretending it was real, I couldn't sleep that night. My friends and I had a party at my house that night and one of my friends (who was also scared) slept in the bed with me and we kept thinking somebody was going to be possessed, I swear. It was awesome though, being terrified.

Another scene is the stair scene from Exorcist when she does that spider walk down it, cheesy but when it first came out people threw up and left the theaters, the ring is also awesome. I love scary movies.

• Like 1

This scene from The Grudge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCgWA7RFCxk

Along with that shower scene, did not impress me. I actually thought the whole movie was kinda funny while I was watching it, but when it was time for bed.... I slept with the covers off, the lights on, and with the birds chirping. And I've never been more scared washing my hair in my whole life.

I went into Paranormal activity pretending it was real, I couldn't sleep that night. My friends and I had a party at my house that night and one of my friends (who was also scared) slept in the bed with me and we kept thinking somebody was going to be possessed, I swear. It was awesome though, being terrified.

LOL, did you kinda dread hearing the weird noise that started rumbling every time before the demon did something? lol i really didn't think that movie would even scare me..

I think anything that is too familiar with our own environment gives those creepy feelings. A few examples are:

The Ring where you if you watch the movie, you will end up dead.

One Missed Call with the freaky elevator scene where the scary girl's face is in every floor.

Any movie involving a ghost in the backseat of your car.

Any movie involving anything coming out from beneath your bedsheets (unless its some serious hottie).

And the worst for me honestly... any movie where you bend over the sink to spit out or wash your face and you look back up to the mirror and you're not alone...

Horror flicks, slasher flicks never bother me because I know it is fake and impossible or at the very least implausible. Aliens was gross, all Steven King tingling etc, but the one movie that got me was Jaws because I knew it was possible. Jaws probably kept me out of the ocean for a solid week (which I NEVER did, I was in the ocean every day at that age), bothered me for a solid three months anytime I surfed, swam or sponged and really bothered me again when an open water swimmer was attacked by a great white on a course I was scheduled to swim at about six weeks after the attack. That was almost two years ago and every time I swim in the ocean now, it lingers in the back of my mind.

Paranormal Activity is the only more recent film I have seen which actually scared the shit out of me. LOL. As a kid I read both The Exorcist and Legion and that movie brought back memories.

Most other 'horror' films today are more gross than scary. And I avoid watching them not because I'm scared but because I'm queasy when it comes to seeing open wounds (not blood). I prefer the 'mind-f**k' type of movies to the CG fx saturated gorefests.

Still there were a lot of movies that scared me as a kid (Alien, Aliens, Jaws, It, most zombie films) which aren't scary to me now. Not to mention movies which weren't even meant to be scary - Jurassic Park, E.T. (that alien was freaky), some scenes in The Neverending Story, those evil dwarves in Legend etc.

Whenever I want a good laugh I watch a "scary" film or what's suppose to be horror. They just don't seem to scare me, or perhaps my laughter is some kind of strange reaction? Anyway, the only film which unsettled me a bit, was Event Horizon.

As a kid I remember being scared watching Jaws though.