[Adam Phillips] Crosscurrents' Revised Posting Schedule

Guest oldernotwiser

I am no shrink, but it is interesting to note the first item in the list is Adam indicating that he will not be able to keep the weekly posting of his story. The last time Adam indicated a schedule, CC should be complete in March. This is NOT a complaint, just an observation. It is most unlikely CC will see completion in March. It is such a great story that it should not be rushed just to make some arbitrary schedule.

However, could it be that there is a reluctance to complete the story? Is some of this so painful that it becomes difficult to see or express in print? As Adam pointed out, the Prologue sends the signal that the ending will be bittersweet.

I have also enjoyed many of Adam's comments concerning labels and how wide of the mark they have become or always were. This story, Adam's comments and reader feedback have made this a very compelling read. I look forward to more of Adam's dialogue and the completion of CC.

Remember, we are to have access to the other side of this in a sequel written from Matt's perspective. It give me some hope that they are able to repair some of their distance as that is about the only way Adam has of revealing what Matt was or is going through. Oh! the suspense!!

Keep up the good work.

oldernotwiser, I'll defend Adam on the time frame. He's had a lot of things going on and Adam's always been an optimist on time frames. In addition, Adam is a perfectionist. He proofread and cleaned up the previously released chapters when CC came to GA, and with the move to the new GA Story platform, Adam felt he had to go back over everything one more time, especially the new chapters he released since coming to GA.

Bottom line, Adam is a perfectionist, and perfection takes time.:D

Ugh. Sorry. What y'all have said is correct. I'm optimistic regarding posting schedules. Best of intentions, and all that. So will I be finished by March? I have to make myself believe it. But if you take it with a grain of salt, I won't be offended.

I started this story, thinking it would be good, but average....This story however has drew me in so much and at times i wanted to slap adam, but other times i was so happy for him. It really made me care for him, and I hope he hit rock bottom by now, because i don't know if I could stomach anymore. I really think someone needs to sit him down and give him some tough love.....i don't know how he realizes he was so stupid about Matt, but then is still doing what he did his senior year. He should at least sit down and talk it out completely, explain himself to matt. He has yet to just talk to him, he always clams up and runs away....hopefully he stops running soon and admits to himself truthfully what he wants in life.