Song of the moment

Just had a flash back! Fall of 75, mens mess in Ismailia Egypt, a Friday night happy hour. Ten or so of us and a couple of guitars and this song being belted out.

Warren Zevon

(Jan 24/47 - Sept 7/03)

Sandrewn

• Like 1

I heard this song on the radio yesterday, and it's been stuck in my head. I couldn't help but think about what a horn dog, the front man of this band was, and of course, he loved the men and the ladies. 

• Like 2

Just had a flash back! Fall of 75, mens mess in Ismailia Egypt, a Friday night happy hour. Ten or so of us and a couple of guitars and this song being belted out.

Warren Zevon

(Jan 24/47 - Sept 7/03)

Sandrewn

"You can still see his headless body stalking through the night..."  How dark was Mr. Zevon? lol I love his music!  :thumbup:

Over the years, there have been many James Bond films. Of course, they all have great themes. In my opinion the latest 4 have had spectacular theme songs. I'll go in reverse order. 

Sam Smith has an amazing voice, and it's no surprise that he was chosen to sing a James Bond theme. The writing really is on the wall. Spectre's theme is fantastic

Adele is amazing. In 2012, the self-titled theme song from Skyfall was #1 on the Billboard Hot 100. 

Alicia Key is amazing. I've been a huge fan since 2001. This is probably my least favorite of the 4 themes, but it's still good, Another Way to Die.

Chris Cornell has an amazing voice for rock and metal. He is one of the best, and You Know My Name showcases his vocal talent quite well.

And for the hell of it, let's throw in a classic Bond theme: Shirley Bassey "Diamonds are Forever"... I don't think she's just singing about diamonds.

Brie Larson, the current Best Actress Oscar winner, was once a failed Disney teen pop star. Oh my god, I'm laughing my ass off.

This is basically the synthesis of every early/mid-2000's teen pop video. I'm pretty sure this could have appeared in an Amanda Bynes teen movie from 2005.

This is a cover. Usually, I am not fond of covers, but this one is awesome. Disturbed is one of my favorite bands. I had no idea they were capable of something like this. 

Yesterday, a friend lied to me the whole day. I'm sure he has his reasons, but it hurt my feelings and he has no clue. It was completely unnecessary and disappointing. I've decided not to confront him about it because nothing will be gained from the fight that will happen. This song has been running through my head all day and I thought I'd share it.

• Like 1

Yesterday, a friend lied to me the whole day. I'm sure he has his reasons, but it hurt my feelings and he has no clue. It was completely unnecessary and disappointing. I've decided not to confront him about it because nothing will be gained from the fight that will happen. This song has been running through my head all day and I thought I'd share it.

Beautiful song... need it on my ipod...

As much fun as I had visiting my best friends in Boston while on vacation this past weekend, I couldn't help but notice all the love and support they receive for the people in their lives. And this has made me said, as I do and say all the right things to care for the people in my life and it often goes unnoticed or unrequited by family / friends / dates. I've been particularly bothered by it since Sunday afternoon...

I heard the song "Indian Summer" by Jai Wolf for the first time this morning and for whatever reason it has completely lifted me up from the funk I have been experiencing. The lyrics translate as "Let us take the moon, and stay here". And for whatever I feel renewed in the choices that I made and the people that I invest in. (I am going to make some personality changes to stick up for myself more though ;P).

This so far is my new favorite son for 2016 and I high recommend even just a listen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVrCZOiDlDo