Song of the moment

35 minutes ago, R J Drew said:

This song has been calling to me all morning. :,(

:hug: Hang in there. Things change. They always do.

• Like 1

Blessed is the love I need. With rolling drums the loveless bleed.

Just having an Emo flashback. Tough times make me creative so

Comsie inspired another playlist out of me. He is a Muse:

Loveless: The Jimmy LaPlane Experience

I discovered this song the other day. I found it very inspiring. Excuse any errors in Theo's English; he's from Romania, not a native speaker. :)

Ever since Mickey made me a CD for Christmas, I keep thinking how awesome it would be if he shared his voice with everyone. But, I don't want to pimp him out to America's Got Talent. :gikkle: It should be his decision. :)

Edited by Page Scrawler
  • Like 1

I don't know if this belongs here, but this video says what I cannot express. What is it to be human? Do you have to be spiritual to know the answer? Do you have to be an intellectual to know the answer to this question? Or, do you just have to be aware of others, and accept them with all of their flaws, and unique qualities? We talk a good talk, but do we as humans walk the walk? 

So, I only really learned this recently, but I think this is one of the coolest things ever. Tyler Glenn, the lead singer of the band Neon Trees, came out of the closet a few years ago, but only a short time ago he finally left his childhood faith, Mormonism.

He then created a solo album dedicated to both leaving the church and his coming out process. The whole album is titled "Excommunication" and I highly recommend it, but here's a sample I think a lot of us could relate to.

• Like 1

So, I went back and read a cute little spinoff story Comicality did called Kiss of an Angel which has perhaps the cutest character he's ever created. He is the little sweetheart called Ariel who is madly in love with Tyler, the Blonde Bombshell, who also happens to be in love with 'his angel' Ariel. Being bored and needing something new to listen to while I worked today I came up with yet another soundtrack inspired by this story. Comsie seems to be doing that to me lately.

Anyway, here is one of the more beautiful love songs from the track listing. I'll post the playlist later if there is any interest. The song is a good sample of the dreamlike gee-whiz-sigh quality of this listing. 

This is "Dream About Me" by The Depreciation Guild:

Edited by MrM
13 hours ago, Cynus said:

So, I only really learned this recently, but I think this is one of the coolest things ever. Tyler Glenn, the lead singer of the band Neon Trees, came out of the closet a few years ago, but only a short time ago he finally left his childhood faith, Mormonism.

He then created a solo album dedicated to both leaving the church and his coming out process. The whole album is titled "Excommunication" and I highly recommend it, but here's a sample I think a lot of us could relate to.

What a remarkable project, Cynus! I think I'll listen to the rest of it on Spotify! :D 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, MrM said:

What a remarkable project, Cynus! I think I'll listen to the rest of it on Spotify! :D 

What's worse about the story. He first didn't want to leave his church... They initially used him as a Token Gay to get his fans to convert to Mormonism.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, BlindAmbition said:

What's worse about the story. He first didn't want to leave his church... They initially used him as a Token Gay to get his fans to convert to Mormonism.

It was pretty awful, which is why I'm glad to see him take such a stand. That very reason you mention is why I initially avoided him like the plague.

• Like 1