What do you do when you first get home?

Marzipan

I just realized I have a certain pattern after I get home from work. I only noticed this today when I broke it :P

I kick my shoes off, open my lappy, get online, get off my day clothes and put on comfortable pants and top, put the coffee on and jump to the sofa with my lappy and the coffee. Every single time on that order.

What about you guys :P ? Do you have routines when you get home after work/school?

in case you might wonder what I did differently this time... I didn't make any coffee, I opened my fridge and found ciders... 0:)

Well, I always put my keys in the little bowl in the hall because if I don't I spend hours looking for them the next time I need them.

Then I usually take off my shoes and change into my pyjamas.

What happens next depends on whether or not I have my son to take care of, or if the cats need feeding, or if I have to take laundry out. I usually head for the coffee and lappy as soon as possible though

I hang my backpack on the nailrack, remove my clothes and hang them in the wardrobe, put on a my home clothes and then I put on my phone and log to GA and then facebook, twitter and yahoo. It's not always the same pattern but it's always close.

Kick off my shoes, drop my keys on the table and then my kid steals the change from my pockets.

After that it, depends on if I showered at the hospital or not. If I have then I change into shorts and get on the computer, If not I have to shower ASAP! Nothing as gross as finding blood or pieces of human bone in your hair! :blink:

• Like 1

Dog is let out and we walk back and forth along the pond barking at the ducks. (Well, the dog barks, I listen.) Mail is sifted for anything worth keeping. Go upstairs to the study and turn on the computer, I MUST have my music. Deposit keys, wallet, watch, rings, etc. into various pigeonhole drawers of the rolltop desk. Fluff the dog's pillow next to the computer and sit down to check e-mails.

I sit on the sofa and take my shoes off, take out my phone and send a message to a friend that I'm home, go inside the bedroom and change into comfortable clothes while plugging my laptop then sit in a corner with my laptop. It's fun having flatmates because there's someone who'll open the gate to the apartment, unlocks the front door, cooks dinner, etc. :D But in rare cases when I'm left alone, the whole routine changes drastically Posted Image In case it sounds as if I'm not doing my part in our apartment, my "job" comes after dinner :)

After that it, depends on if I showered at the hospital or not. If I have then I change into shorts and get on the computer, If not I have to shower ASAP! Nothing as gross as finding blood or pieces of human bone in your hair! :blink:

Ewww. You paint a pretty picture with the gore :P

**imagines human pieces flying around and landing on KC**

Grab a nap, then wake up and turns on the laptop to check facebook, gayauthors, etc, etc and see if i need to do homework.

Now I will be home full time till I find a job... I have to change the whole thing like checking up to see if mom needs anything for me to do.

I usually let out a huge sigh and tell my housemates how the shift at the hospital went, then I ask what's for dinner and grab a shower. I never had blood or bits of bone in my hair though :blink: fortunately...

Briefly talk to my housemates, go into room and lock door, change into confortable clothes, watch tv with my ever present laptop open to Facebook, Hotmail, GA etc. etc.

Sometimes........rarely I study. :)

Ewww. You paint a pretty picture with the gore :P

**imagines human pieces flying around and landing on KC**

Haha- the glamorous life of a surgical nurse...Nothing fun about it.

OOOOOOOOH!! tell me where you live and what time you arrive home.... i'll be there.....

I take off my pants. Doesn't everyone?

Take my work boots off, then go dump my work bag on the table, then I always go and take a shower, get in my pj's, eat some food,

then sometimes I will check my fb/ga and email or I will just go read a bit, then I go straight to bed.

As soon as I'm home I dump the normal mail in the table, switch on my home network and wait till the mainframe is online. While waiting I check the normal mail and throw away at least half of it (advertisements and stuff). As soon as the mainframe is up I sync my work laptop with both my desktop and my NAS and check my real mail (email) (Yeah, I'm a geek).

And by then my boyfriend is so annoyed with me he drags my ass over to the living room to discuss our days. And sometimes we never make it to the living room but we end up in the bedroom instead :-)

• 2 months later...
Guest Dreamheart

Whenever i get home from school, my parents are usually in the living room and i tell them im home, they ask if i have homework and i say no even though i really do, go in my room and check all my stuff , go across the street to my friends for about an hour, come home & eat dinner, clean the kitchen, take a shower, check stuff again, do my homework i was supposed to do, watch a bit of tv, and go to bed :D very boringg !