Where is it from?

At first I thought The lion the witch and the wardrobe, but it didnt quite fit, I think its Stephen King and its got dragons in the title. So many books packet away agghhhh I'm searching.

Mark is right. It is King and yes there is a Dragon in the title. (Which knowing him I expected him to have answered already.) lol. One of King's few trips into Young Adult literature.

Do I give you the title or let you sweat it out a bit longer?

Ok guys i was thinking about having some rules here. Any suggestions. I was thinking if we don 't know the answer right away, we could maybe ask up to five questions each. Googling makes it far too easy so maybe no googling. ?????

Yes it is Eyes of the Dragon. No googling or why play. You would always have the answer. So combo of Louis and Mark on that one. And page number won't help cause there are a number of editions. :lol:

Okay then the rules are:

1 No more than two questions per post: who is the author/ which book? Movie? Actor? Etc

2 Clues are allowed, no more than five.

3 questions are allowed, no more than five

4 no googling

5 if no answer after five hints or questions, the poster must reveal the answer and has the privelege of posting another poser.

6 the posers should not be too difficult, but not too easy.

Is this fair?

To continue and seeing i got eyes of the dragons ... Hehehe

The following is part of a review of the book... Title and author please...

After a marriage that concluded on the unhappiest term, and a scandal brought on by an infatuated student that led to his resignation as a track coach from Penn State, Harlan Brown resorts into a solitude that risks an emotional death. But he harbors a secret—a stigma really—that he carefully safeguards and clings on to the hope that this human stain will dissolve over time. When he accepts the job as the head coach at Prescott four years later, no sooner is he convinced of the quiet death of his futile fantasies than Billy Sive, one of the three gay runners whom Oregon expelled on account of inappropriate behavior and whom Prescott sanctions, comes and turns his world upside down.

I agree to all rules and ask:

Is it horror? Posted Image

I dont think so... :P

because if i am not mistaken, It's

Patricia Warren's The Front Runner

( if i have it right, its just ironic, because i haven't had the chance to read it, i just recognised the premise of the story) :P

**waits till she hears the verdict**

Like that helps lol eish so is the author of this classic Russian?

Posted Image

Naah! you think i read only Russian authors? Posted Image

heres a hint:

“Through our sunless lanes creeps Poverty with her hungry eyes, and Sin with his sodden face follows close behind her. Misery wakes us in the morning and Shame sits with us at night.”

That's the whole dialogue. :D

I remember my professor having a poster with Oscar Wilde on it. No ideavof which story. Sorry, that is one author I never read but it was one of the quotes on it. Along with Man can believe the impossible, but can never believe the improbable. British, yes, but English no. Wilde was Irish.

Oscar Wilde! You can't be serious. Okay I checked my reference works on OW. I have The Golden Heritage Series of the Works of Oscar Wilde in my study. The Decay of Lying. An observation. From Intentions. A discourse on the nature of art and literature and other things inbetween between Cyril and Vivian. Yes?

lol. lol

Oookay! i'll give this one to wayne, since it's been wayyy to long with this one line!

It's from 'The Young Prince' from the book 'The House of pomegranates'

cant believe no one got that! :P

:devil:

lol. lol

Oookay! i'll give this one to wayne, since it's been wayyy to long with this one line!

It's from 'The Young Prince' from the book 'The House of pomegranates'

cant believe no one got that! Posted Image

Posted Image

Right Frosty....riiiight. Easy as :P

OK, now for one from me.

"Lingering is so very lonely when one lingers all alone"