74 members have voted

1. 1. Which console is your favorite?

• Xbox 360
    • Playstation 3
    • PC
    • Nintendo Wii
    • Handheld (3DS, PS Vita, etc)
    • Other (explain)

This has been an infamous question and the source for many arguments between gamers for some time. Now that technology is becoming more advanced, many software corporations are having to constantly one-up each other to maintain sales, popularity and the like. I've included a poll here so I want to get your guy's opinions on this. Which console do you prefer to play video games on?

My choice is usually Playstation 3, but I have so many consoles that it doesn't really matter. xD

PS3, but only because I bought the PS1 waaay back from Score Games (Score Games I miss you Posted Image ) in Paris. Since then I've stuck to Playstations, mostly because I couldn't imagine not playing Final Fantasy, Tekken, and later DMC.

However, I don't really care about "which console is best" and I don't think a lot of games are now single console anyway. The only reason I see me sticking to Playstation is because I'll be too lazy to switch...unless some one of the other brands really does something special. (Or if Sony end up being the only company to ban preowned games).

• Site Administrator

Xbox 360 is my favorite. PC second even though the hardware on the PC blows away the nearly 7 yr old xbox now.

I have all of them, but I love my 360. The controller is so much easier to use (for everything but fighting games *glares at HORRIBLE dpad*) and I just replaced my Elite (which stopped reading discs, not exactly a ringing endorsement, lol) with a Slim that makes this AWESOME little "ding" when you start it up or open the disc tray. Plus everyone I play online with has a 360.

I have all of them, but I love my 360. The controller is so much easier to use (for everything but fighting games *glares at HORRIBLE dpad*) and I just replaced my Elite (which stopped reading discs, not exactly a ringing endorsement, lol) with a Slim that makes this AWESOME little "ding" when you start it up or open the disc tray. Plus everyone I play online with has a 360.

Reaally? The Xbox controller is a big lunk of plastic : 3 But I guess besides the D-pad, it all comes down to preference for shooters

• Site Administrator

The xbox controller fits in my gorilla paws. And I have the updated D-pad. works great.

I only play a few games on my PS3 nowadays, but my PC is now the prime choice. There's just more options in PC computing power than there is on a console. I have stuck with the playstation for a long time ever since I gave up my Sega Genesis and Nintendo 64.

My friends own the X-Box 360, but we share and buy games (Outside Halo, I usually play Madden with them). I think Halo basically made the console, because it is probably the only thing that gets me into Xbox versus my PS3 as time has gone on. Graphically, you can see that the Xbox is not aging gracefully and the PS3 is now starting to come into its prime. Sony made a mistake from a business standpoint to give so much computing power to the PS3 so early. (it's like a kid hitting puberty at age 10 and other kids laugh at him in the locker room for being so tall and big down there. Well, now let's compare size and maturity in 2012 :P )

As for controllers, I like my PS3 controller much more: sleek, clean, and simple to use. The D-Pad and camera direction on the ps3 controller is prime for a quick shooting battle or to check you 9 O'Clock for flanking.

• Site Administrator

Xbox 360 won the battle of this generation. (Wii hardware-wise is last generation with a cool controller. They don't count)

Playstation might win the next gen contest as it looks like they will be launching before MS... unless MS has a secret console getting ready to launch.

And Nintendo is finally joining the land of HD, so they might be competing this next gen too.

PC, of course, spanks all if you have the money to put together a good rig. But PC is not all that convient to hook up to my living room HD TV so I can play games sitting on my couch. Though, I suppose I could bring the beast down to the basement and use the HD projector for really big action.

As for controllers, my gorilla paws fit the xbox controller better. lol.

I like PC, mostly because I"m a mouse and keyboard fanatic for most game types. I will not -- I can not play a FPS with those stupid little analog sticks. A decent mouse and keyboard blows a controller away for that type of game.

My dream is to eventually own a tricked out Alienware Laptop with the latest i7 and Nvidia video card with 16 GB ram.

The perfect system is still a powerful custom PC, but alienware comes as close to the mark without personal purchases.

I have an Xbox - mostly Aaron plays it now.. lol. I've been wanting to try out the PS3... the Xbox with Kinect is nice though.

When I was a kid, my Dad bought us a nintendo. You know, Mario Bros or that old games of shooting ducks?

Then he sold it and bought us a Playstation 1 and after 5 years or so, he sold it again and bought us PS2.

It's been my fav console ever since. I haven't tried PS3 although if I have the chance, I would love to.

But what I really want is a PS2 emulator with a high-tech laptop that can play it without lagging cuz the console I have or sold is easily broken and really 'picky' at playing disc. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It's really frustrating.

An emulator, a game-spesific laptop/comp and the collection of ISO PS2 games, that's probably what I'm gonna buy with my first paycheck when I start working. LoL.

Playstation 2 is my absolute favourite, although I also really like the PSP.

My brother has an Xbox 360, but I'm horrible with it. Since the controls for the Xbox are different from Playstation controls, I always mess up. Just like my brother when he's playing a Playstation game, haha! :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I like xbox because it has a better variety of exclusive games.

Xbox vs. PC - xbox is a dedicated gaming system and I very rarely have to deal with crashes or slow graphics on my xbox.

Xbox vs. PS3 - you may have to pay for xbox, but again, it has a better variety of games. For the PS3, the blu-ray player is nice though. I'd give the PS3 a strong second place.

I like the PC. PC game controls tend to be a lot more versatil, which is what I like. Keybinds are my favorite thing to set up, and it's interesting watching yourself get accustomed to those binds.

Does anyone here still play with handhelds?

I mean Smartphones seem to have taken over that market, so what is the difference between the new Handhelds and a Droid phone with games?

Edited by W_L

:D a chance to stand up on my mario galaxy box and preach to the world

Yes i am a Nintendo fan and no we are not out of the running.. we never were, i guess you can say we like to sit back and watch the 'big boys' compare Hi-Res dick sizes while we bone the QB.

i'm not going to say Nintendo has been biding its time, although every few E3s it certainly looks so. nah, we compete just fine reward our people with what they need and now.... now Nintendo has finally decided to whip its dick out in the bathroom too...

i trust you have all seen this year's E3

Posted Image

and yes i own a 3DS W_L, its great

Well, let's see....

Personally I stick with my Xbox as my primary gaming system, Mac/PC comes in second (this is due to Diablo III and Starcraft II) with my iPhone/iPad in third (though I should rank this as second because of my addiction to zombie farm lol).

Personally I love my Xbox and Kinect mainly because it helped me with physical therapy the past few months and well, Kinect Adventures kicks major butt!

Eric :)

I'm stuck on Xbox for now, though I've been dealing with friends trying to pressure me into going with a PlayStation. I don't play a ton of games, really - the only game I currently own is Skyrim... But I enjoy playing casually. I just bought my own personal Xbox 360 because my brother decided to take the one that we share and hook it up in the basement, in his "personal bro-den" (his words) with a crappy TV. He was very strict about when I was allowed to play and when he needed to be playing one of those military games online with "the bros." I was sick of arguing with him, so I just got my own. It's hooked up to my computer monitor, which has MUCH better definition than the TV he is using in the basement.

I also play games on my PC, but never any really involved games like what I've played on Xbox. Just some Zoo Tycoon and Age of Empires. I don't know why, I just don't ever feel like playing much of anything on my computer.