What is your favourite movie/ tv series?

Former Member

I don't watch a lot of movies or TV shows, usually I'll catch up on the internet.

TV - The Walking Dead, True Blood, Family Guy, Modern Family, SouthPark.

Movies - La Vie En Rose, One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest, Other Boleyn Girl, and Philadelphia. Those are just some of the few that I constantly re-watch.

I love Michele Pfieffer, so anything with her in it. I absolutely love the series Lonesome Dove. Robert Duvall cracks me up, and Tommy Lee Jones is a great actor. The movies made out of John Grisham's books , I also love.

As for television, for some reason, I am hooked on American Idol, and get so involved that i get mad when my fav gets kicked off. lol I say I am not watching it anymore, but of course I am right back the next week. I love the show Castle, and I watch re-runs of The Golden Girls when i am depressed. They can make me laugh my ass off unfailingly.

Any good horror movie and thriller. My fav TV series (even if here, in Italy, we see them with a 10-year delay XD) is Sabrina the Teenage Witch. I love black cats and Salem is so perfect! Sly, coy, selfish but kind at heart :P

In no order other than what I just thought real quick:

TV: Lots of old BBC (As Time Goes By, Vicar of Dibley, Monty Python, etc,), and for no apparent reason South Park (huh?)

Movies: Amadeus, Cleopatra, Excalibur, Gladiator, Elizabeth (and Elizabeth the Golden Age); I guess I like long, wordy movies with endings that can bring me to tears.

I repeat, huh?

I love Game of Thrones, Dexter, and Top Gear (UK). I don't have cable so haven't seen a lot of the new series that are out, only see GoT and Dexter when I visit friends :)

For movies, I love Heartbeats.

• 5 weeks later...

My Favorite tv show as of right now would have to be Game of Thrones ive fallen in complete love with that show

HOUSE STARK! FTW lol

as for a movie my favorite movie is still Gangs of New York

Edited by LemonFresh

• 2 weeks later...

I suppose one measure of my favorite TV shows is owning them on DVD. In that category are the following:

M*A*S*H

The West Wing

Star Trek: The Next Generation

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Star Trek: Voyager

Firefly

and two from the UK

The Good Life (a wonderful mid 1970s comedy about self-sufficiency in the London suburbs)

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (the 1981 version)

I also loved "classic" Doctor Who (especially Fourth and Fifth Doctors) - not keen on the reboot

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes (starring Jeremy Brett, the quintessential Holmes)

anything with Stephen Fry (QI, A Bit of Fry and Laurie, Jeeves and Wooster, Kingdom)

Mock the Week (one of the Brits' fun panel shows)

Sherlock (the modern reboot of Sherlock Holmes...I normally don't like reboots, but this one works!)

Fame was fun (Glee before there was glee for those who need a temporal equivalent)

To the Manor Born (Brit-com starring Penelope Keith)

Yes, Minister (Brit-com starring Paul Eddington)

Criminal Minds is good, as is Bones

For movies:

The Natural

Field of Dreams (Costner is so-so, but all of the rest are great, especially James Earl Jones and Burt Lancaster)

Hoosiers

The Hunt for Red October

Star Wars (original three only)

Star Trek (in order of how I like them: 2,6,4,3,5,1. I don't know how they got money for 2 after the borefest of 1)

Schindler's List (utter emotional devastation)

The Lion in Winter (Katherine Hepburn and Peter O'Toole)

Becket (Richard Burton in the role that should have gotten him an Oscar)

Tora, Tora, Tora and Midway (I love these two "cast of thousands of familiar faces" WWII epics)

I would love to be able to say I love the Lord of the Rings movie, but I can't. I've read the book nearly 100 times and wrote my English Master's thesis on it. I can't enjoy what Peter Jackson did to it. But I won't get into that...it should be another thread! :)

I don't watch television very much, unless it's to share the programs my kids watch and I can't really say I enjoy them as much as tolerate them to differing degrees.

My favourite film is Practical Magic and I'm not ashamed to say I love Love Actually.

I also love really bad old horror movies and OMG I LOVE Elvira :)

I loved a lot of the really old Hammer Horror films. Nothing like watching Peter Cushing or Christopher Lee at two in the morning with the lights off at the age of ten.

Dr Terror's House of Horrors and The Devil Rides Out were my two all time favourites. The Wicker Man (original not the remake) was a brilliant film - it could have done without the het action in it though :lol:

And I loved The Never Ending Story.

• 6 months later...

Currently probably White Collar and The Vampire Diaries for drama, Big Bang Theory, Modern Family and Cougar Town for sitcoms.

My all-time favorite would definitely have to be Friends. In fact, I'm watching it all over right now... for the seventh time.

• Like 1

My top three:

Friends

Friends

Friends

I've watched it so many times that all the cds are scratched and some episodes don't play. I need to get another copy.  :2thumbs:

Glee and HIMYM get special mentions. :)

Edited by Ieshwar
  • Like 1

My top three:

Friends

Friends

Friends

:2thumbs:

Glee and HIMYM get special mentions. :)

No matter how much Glee standards fluctuate, I can never stop watching that show. I'm way too invested.

• 1 month later...

I don't watch TV anymore but liked Heroes, ST:TNG and Babylon 5 when they were running (although Heroes was damaged a lot by the writers' strike).

For movies (which i also don't watch much anymore), I like comedies: Young Frankenstein, History of the World: Part 1, Monty Python and the search for the Holy Grail are my top three, i guess.

for movies: The crow (original), All three of the reboot batmans, V for vendetta, Sin City, Man on a Ledge, Red Dawn (original and reboot), Freaks (by Tod Browning), and The Greatest Show on Earth.

For TV shows: Chicago Fire, Arrow, Game of Thrones, Sons of Anarchy, swamp people and Project Runway

Ah heck, too many to name if I am honest.

Lets see

Movies

1. Black Hawk Down

2. Schindler's List

3. Out of Africa

4. Cry Freedom

5. Sarafina

6. Blood Diamond

7. Inception

9. Matrix

10. Lord of the Rings trilogy.

I could go on and on, films are one of my favourite methods of escapism. :P

TV

1. Taggart

2. Law and Order - Special Victims Unit

3. Lie to Me.

4. House

5. QI

6. Mock the Week

7. Major Crimes

8. Myth Busters

9. Sherlock Holmes (in a variety of guises, but the new BBC 1 series is bloody brilliant)

10. Spooks.

Again, could go on listing a good few other programs. Got to be honest, British drama and crime fiction on the telly is outstanding.

The rare times I watch TV it's stuff like Mysteries at The Museum, Ancient Aliens, The Pyramid Code, or something like that.  Movies are too long and feed stuff to my brain I don't want it eating.