What's Hot, What's Not?

Seriously, I can't really tell anymore. What is currently trendy? What is Retro? What is out?

Pop culture has a lot of facets, from dining to gifts for people. A year ago, tablet computers were all the rage, now you see one everywhere and it's just normal.

Regular sugary Coca Cola was once considered a good meal for everyone, but now it is demonized as the most evil concoction next crack cocaine :P

Anyone have an idea on what's in or out?

Country Music... bahhaa..:D At least I love it anyway. The Latest Tech gadgets are always hot as well... although I'm hating that my new SUV has more technology than my current laptop.. lmao. 

You youngsters wouldn't know hot if it bit you.

Lol.. I want it to be hot again... ohh I miss Summer. I'm getting too old myself to know what constitutes a big hit or a total bomb anymore and I'm just twenty-six.

I've never worried about what's hot and what's not; trust me, the last number one song I can name is Mary's Boy Child (Boney M).

I love Abba, I love Star Trek and I love musicals; always have, always will.  If it's not hot, so what?

I was laughed at in secondary school (high school), but I was getting far more than any of my classmates were (so who should have been laughing at whom).

I was laughed at in university as well, but I had a great boyfriend so I really didn't care (and fifteen years later we're still together).

Now at work most people are older than me, and they love those really old things; Ginger and Fred, The Andrews Sisters, Humphrey and Lauren.  Not really my thing, but as I always say "Whatever floats your boat".

As far as I'm concerned, do what ever you love and enjoy doing, listen to what ever music you like, and watch what ever films you want to watch and don't worry if these kids think it's hot or not.

Just keep it legal  ;) .

In all honesty, iPhones are like the most have thing now. It literally seems like everybody has an iPhone now. I had a Samsung Android for a while and really liked it, but at heart I'm an Apple lover. I got a MacBook, an iPad, an iPod, blah blah blah, but never an iPhone. Then on Black Friday, my dad abruptly switched everyone in my family over to iPhones, and now I feel like one of the cool kids because I have the latest and greatest. :P Its also nice that Philly has AT&T LTE service. Its sooooo fast. 

But yeah, if you wanna be hot, it seems the iPhone is your way to do it. I freakin' love Apple because they make awesome products, but I hate them because they pressure you into continually buying their next greatest product.  :/

• Like 1

As much as it kills me to admit this, in fashion, large shoulders, boxed waists and short midriffs are hot. Essentially if you buy a shirt three sizes too large, cut it half way down, discarding the rest and put shoulder pads in then its hot! Thank god this trend isn't going to last long and a lot of the Fashion Houses have already dropped it, we just have to let it burn its way through shitty ass stores like Forever 21 and Aeropostale.

Oh and don't forget, scarves, bow ties, layering, sweaters, v-necks, color-blocking and high-waisted pants or skirts are definitely in and are all fabulous!

And as far as what's not hot: flip flops, pink, baggy pants, sneakers, chains and velcro.

In all honesty, iPhones are like the most have thing now. It literally seems like everybody has an iPhone now. I had a Samsung Android for a while and really liked it, but at heart I'm an Apple lover. I got a MacBook, an iPad, an iPod, blah blah blah, but never an iPhone. Then on Black Friday, my dad abruptly switched everyone in my family over to iPhones, and now I feel like one of the cool kids because I have the latest and greatest. :P Its also nice that Philly has AT&T LTE service. Its sooooo fast. 

But yeah, if you wanna be hot, it seems the iPhone is your way to do it. I freakin' love Apple because they make awesome products, but I hate them because they pressure you into continually buying their next greatest product.  :/

Oh hun, iPhone is so 2011.

Android has just crushed the iPhone through the first three quarters of 2012 worldwide.

What's "hot" and what's "not hot" are really only concerns if you are well off financially (for the techie things) and skinny/scrawny (for the clothes things). Either way, they're generally pleas for outside validation and thus transient at best.

Thank God, the only outside validation I'm "pleaing" for is my own validation. I don't care what people think of the way I dress. I don't need someone to tell me I look good or compliment or even pay attention to what I'm wearing. I dress the way I do, with the utmost care and concern, because its one of the most important things in my life, its my love. Just like someone else might care for their lawn with detailed care. If anything, I'm the outsider in Utah because there are few people that dress like that. If I wanted people to approve I'd wear shorts and t-shirts.

• Like 3