Nicolae Ceaușescu

And we have a winner! :-) Since you are new, I'm just pointing out that as a winner you post a new challenge, to keep the game rolling.

I was reading about the fall of communism in Central and Eastern Europe the other day. During this half of the year one country after another celebrates 25 years since the end of communist rule. I was surprised Czechoslovakia wasn't the last one to "switch", Romania took even longer. But, the shorter was the trial with the communist leader. Ceaușescu was sentenced in a 2-hour trial and then together with his wife shot against a wall by an execution squad.

This is Harry Renoir, the first professional barber in Slovakia.  Harry was instantly popular with the rebels of the day, rendering short styles that were frowned upon by the social elite.  His father was a successful sheep herder, and was the first to raise Lincoln sheep in the Slovakian countryside.  It was this experience at an early age that led Harry to have an interest in Barbering. 

Unfortunately, Harry's success was short lived as the local aristocrats decided to take matters into their own hands and put an end to what they considered a dangerous rebel activity.  While sleeping one night Harry was abducted and whisked away to a work camp where he was forced to sheer sheep.  Harry was never seen in Slovakia again, but it's said that he eventually escaped, fled to America, changed his name to Pancho Cardigan, and became a successful sweater manufacturer.

Or maybe not.  :unsure:

• Like 2

Pablo Picasso. If I am right, I have a pic to contribute for the next game. (Sorry about earlier.)

Is that the same person as Pablo Diego José Francisco de Paula Juan Nepomuceno María de los Remedios Cipriano de la Santísima Trinidad Martyr Patricio Clito Ruíz y Picasso?

• Like 1

It's not Don Quixote. Right?

Right! :)

Pablo Picasso. If I am right, I have a pic to contribute for the next game. (Sorry about earlier.)

Right!! :P

Is that the same person as Pablo Diego José Francisco de Paula Juan Nepomuceno María de los Remedios Cipriano de la Santísima Trinidad Martyr Patricio Clito Ruíz y Picasso?

Right!!! :lol:

• Like 1

Do we need recent pics of someone? Should I give out a clue?

Am I allowed to answer my own photo, that way we'd get another pic? How long do we wait before we answer our own challenge?

I'll jump in here to say that the last thing we need is a recent picture.  The earlier the better.  Don't give up on others and reveal the person's name.  There's no rush.  Also, don't be too generous with any clues you give.  Indeed, cryptic clues are preferred.

You're doing fine, Puppy.

• Like 1

I'll jump in here to say that the last thing we need is a recent picture.  The earlier the better.  Don't give up on others and reveal the person's name.  There's no rush.  Also, don't be too generous with any clues you give.  Indeed, cryptic clues are preferred.

You're doing fine, Puppy.

Thank you. I think I redeemed myself. Woo-hoo! Note: I do not have a crush on her.

Is she an actress?

Edit: And as for the rules of the game, I'll just reiterate that it's not allowed to copy the address of the pic into Google Images search and then win the game (since that always reveals the name). Though ii is allowed to Google "that woman I saw in the 80s movie where she gives birth to a cute little puppy that changes into an evil overlord". ;-)

Edited by paya

Is she an actress?

Edit: And as for the rules of the game, I'll just reiterate that it's not allowed to copy the address of the pic into Google Images search and then win the game (since that always reveals the name). Though ii is allowed to Google "that woman I saw in the 80s movie where she gives birth to a cute little puppy that changes into an evil overlord". ;-)

She's more known for her "song" than her acting. Yes, she does act. Also, we need better clues. Note: I did not get my tiny roar from her. I naturally roar on my own. It's just coincidence.