Nope, good guess though.

Another hint: the picture was probably taken in her late twenties/early thirties, right when she began to enjoy success (after winning a certain famous prize given out by Columbia University).

pulitzer prize?

Yes!

To find the right category Pulitzer Prize

You just have to use your very own eyes :lol:

;) 

There are 9 subcategories of Pulitzer Prize... what did she write, if she was a writer?

During the year of San Francisco's Summer of Love, this poet was busy winning a Pulitzer and giving readings to "her kind."

OK, I'm out. Risking being taken as local barbarian I had to google her and I have to admit I have never heard of her before. Wikipage about her is interesting but I never was really interested in her field of expertise, so it explains why I couldn't place her.

Risking being taken as local barbarian I had to google her and I have to admit I have never heard of her before. Wikipage about her is interesting but I never was really interested in her field of expertise, so it explains why I couldn't place her.

I would be right with you hadn't I done some research with a student a few weeks ago. I like her style, but to be honest it's a little too morbid for me. If it were combined with some snarkiness (this isn't a real word, I know) I would probably like it better. Still, she is/was a great lady.

Sorry everyone! I just assumed people would be familiar, or at least have heard the name before. I guess my first try was a dud, lol :(.

Definitely not! We love challenges. With the clues you gave us it is possible to find out who she is! Right Zombie? :P

• Like 2