Now we know what to do if the muse is fickle

Does your muse have a name? I know we writers are almost "schizophrenic" and this might be stretching it a bit (i'm joking, of course) but I do wonder about that. 

Edited by Ieshwar

...my username is my muse's name...

And it's a very beautiful name. :)

I named mine after the Greek Muse of Tragedy, Melpomene.

That's because when I first started writing, she thought that killing the main characters at the end was the best way to end a story. A habit she has yet to tame... 

*sigh*

Does your muse have a name? I know we writers are almost "schizophrenic" and this might be stretching it a bit (i'm joking, of course) but I do wonder about that. 

Kieran.

that's him in my sig making out with a version of me. the big black cat. a friend had the pic (which goes on and is...umm....interesting?) commissioned for my birthday a few years back

My muse is my username. There's always something fascinating with men whose name is Henry. *giggles*

I don't really get inspired with coffee since I'm not a caffeine junkie. I don't even drink that much coffee to tell you honestly. I'm one of those people who drinks a Chai Tea latte and puts some nutmeg and a dash of chocolate sprinkles at Starbucks, and pretends that I belong to my circle of friends who lives on caffeine as they go on overdrive while sharing their stories.  

And besides, I'm always naked when I write. I feel that clothes hamper my creative juices. 

If I would name him other than above mentioned, his name would be Tristan. I love this name and try to have one in every of my stories. The name means riot or tumult, the perfect name for my muse. Other sources say it means knight also. It can never be wrong to have a knight around somewhere, right?.

Nothing really has a proper place.  At least not when the goal is to be creative.  It's just about impossible to be creative when you've set your mind to the idea that the world needs to be orderly, that the alphabet must be in it's usual order.  It's when I mix things up and throw them in disarray that my imagination get's primed for some real activity.

The sky doesn't need to be blue, and the coffee doesn't need to be hot.  In fact, nothing needs to be what it seems to be, and nothing exists that can't become something else.  Reality is only a word.  What I believe is what matters.  Belief is more about what I prefer, not what is.  Inspiration is about recognizing opportunity, and not about seeking something.  Expectations are narrow.  Observations are broad.  Seeking is limiting.  Experiencing is expanding.  Don't seek inspiration, experience it. 

Today my muse and I visited Sicily with the help of Google images and the pics we took when we were there. To stay with the topic of the thread we drank espresso, listened to Italian music and had pasta for dinner. Truly inspiring, we got so much done.

• Like 1

Ok, ok, I have a muse.  It is my laptop. Its searing heat of the processor, the long and black space bar, the keys ticklish and sly to the touch. Those hard curves of its corners, its glistening shine.  O, how much I love thee!

• Like 2