[DomLuka] DD 31 (pre-release discussion)

Rory is Luke's secret love interest, you know why?

Luke has grown up admiring & looking up to Eddie. Eddie was the father he never had...strong, strapping, caring, & wise.

Luke knew that he could never 'date' Eddie (too old), too much like a parent... but deep down he's always wanted someone just like Eddie.

Then this summer, in walks Eddie's son!!! :2thumbs::2thumbs: Hello!!! Mini-Eddie, right around his age, cute, etc. And GAY!

Luke is just waiting to see if 1)Rory is going to stay permanently and 2)Rory has similar feelings for Luke.

I just hope things work out for them and hope that Rory pulls his head and any residual cactus needs out of his ass.

Take Care

Considering everything he's been through, I think Rory's "selfishness" is completely normal, and I think it's quite obvious how much he's grown over the summer. I don't see any reason why he couldn't be a good boyfriend to Luke (unless they're both total bottoms, which I suspect)

It seems a little odd to discuss, but I still think Luke's a top. And either way Rory's a virgin so I'm sure he could adapt without that much trouble. Besides I think if Luke and Rory dated, their relationship wouldn't be that much about sex.

Rory is Luke's secret love interest, you know why?

Luke has grown up admiring & looking up to Eddie. Eddie was the father he never had...strong, strapping, caring, & wise.

Luke knew that he could never 'date' Eddie (too old), too much like a parent... but deep down he's always wanted someone just like Eddie.

Then this summer, in walks Eddie's son!!! :2thumbs::2thumbs: Hello!!! Mini-Eddie, right around his age, cute, etc. And GAY!

Actually that seems like a good theory to me. I just really really hope it's wrong. I hate it when people theorize about someone falling in love with someone who reminds them of a parent. It just makes me go "ickckckckkc eughh :blink: ", but it does happen, and might fit here. I had a friend who dated a girl that looked very much like his sister. We all thought so but were hesistant to bring it up to him. That was weird enough; parents? :thumbdown:

But why would Rory head east??? Isn't Arizona south of Nevada??

Because he has this overwhelming desire to visit Disney World before he turns 18, and he realizes that since Luke loves theme parks, so it might cheer him up anyway. No Disneyland won't work for these two, too near Aaron, and we all know how Aaron has a habit of showing up and kissing Rory while he and Luke are in between rides.

:wacko: but we're not getting paranoid or anything...right...what was that......is it up yet........ huh huh...who's that

Dom's blog says it'll be a couple days cause he's re-working Ch 32

Be patient campers :2thumbs:

Edited by naper_vic
32?? That had better be a typo Victoria...

lol, I don't make mistakes with my chapter numbers Robbie!

Dom says that he is working on 32 and doesn't want to release 31 until he's done with 32 (he likes to stay ahead of the game). Meh...just got read his blog :P

:wacko: but we're not getting paranoid or anything...right...what was that......is it up yet........ huh huh...who's that

*slap slap slap* lennyO

*Vic grabs lennyO by the shoulders*

Get a grip!!!! Chapter 31 will be out soon. :2thumbs:

lol, I don't make mistakes with my chapter numbers Robbie!

Dom says that he is working on 32 and doesn't want to release 31 until he's done with 32 (he likes to stay ahead of the game). Meh...just got read his blog :P

:funny:

I read Dom's blog, and I was really disturbed with the kinds of things he said people were e-mailing him ... it's one thing to ask *nicely* when he plans on releasing the next chapter or gently nudge or rib him about it on the message boards in a congenial spirit, but it's a totally different thing to insult him or send nasty messages (which it appears quite a number of readers did). Compared with most net authors who usually put out a new chapter only once a month (or longer), we've been extremely lucky how quickly Dom posts new chapters, and with the time and quality he puts into each one. He is providing a service to us, because he enjoys writing and making his readers happy ... he has no obligation whatsover to do what he does, and I think perhaps we are not appreciative enough. He's young, has his own life (and work) outside of his writing, and I think we all need to cut him some slack. If he keeps getting treated the way he has been, he could easily get frustrated enough and give up writing altogether.

So, please, just let Dom be ... and for those of you reading this who sent nasty messages to Dom, I think you all should send an apology.

I think a good way for Dom to vent his frustration at these knuckle heads who emailed him is by :

1) Reporting thier emails as spam.

2) Keeping Rory and Seth as a couple.

3) Letting Grandma Alice and Luke hook up by the end of the story.

4) Give us at least one sex scene with Grandma Alice and Luke.

5) Give us at least 100 more chapters of DD.

• Site Moderator
I read Dom's blog, and I was really disturbed with the kinds of things he said people were e-mailing him ... it's one thing to ask *nicely* when he plans on releasing the next chapter or gently nudge or rib him about it on the message boards in a congenial spirit, but it's a totally different thing to insult him or send nasty messages (which it appears quite a number of readers did). Compared with most net authors who usually put out a new chapter only once a month (or longer), we've been extremely lucky how quickly Dom posts new chapters, and with the time and quality he puts into each one. He is providing a service to us, because he enjoys writing and making his readers happy ... he has no obligation whatsover to do what he does, and I think perhaps we are not appreciative enough. He's young, has his own life (and work) outside of his writing, and I think we all need to cut him some slack. If he keeps getting treated the way he has been, he could easily get frustrated enough and give up writing altogether.

So, please, just let Dom be ... and for those of you reading this who sent nasty messages to Dom, I think you all should send an apology.

This is something that should hold true for all Authors. To write to an author to give feedback, good or bad,on a story is one thing. But to harrass them into releasing a new chapter isn't good. I know of an author who pulled his stories from the web. This particular author was writing for himself and we the reader, was lucky to have those storied shared with us.

Another author that I read, just finished Book 1. Currently, his plans for Book 2 is to start posting it some time in April, everyother week, instead of weekly. His intent is to get a few chapters done first before hand. Chapters 1 & 2 are currently with his editor and he's working on chapters 3, 4 & 5.

The point is, Be Nice to your favorite author(s). You'll get a chapter when it's ready.

Jan

I think a good way for Dom to vent his frustration at these knuckle heads who emailed him is by :

1) Reporting thier emails as spam.

2) Keeping Rory and Seth Luke as a couple.

3) Letting Grandma Alice and Luke hook up by the end of the story.

4) Give us at least one sex scene with Grandma Alice and Luke.

5) Give us at least 100 200 more chapters of DD.

I helped you with your list Nicky :P

• Site Moderator

I think if Dom was to do 3 & 4 from that list, he'd lose a lot of loyal readers.

But on the other hand, 200 more chapters just might make it up to us.

Edited by TalonRider

Hmmm...I think that if Grandma Alice and Luke hooked up, I'd still read it.

I have faith that Dom's writing will allow me to suspend my disbelief...

Or maybe I'm just a Dom-whore....

Hey, everyone!

This is my first post here but I wouldn't say I'm new because I've been reading Dom's stories since chapter five of TLW so I'm just as hooked as everyone else here is.

Most of you at one point or another have confessed to their obsession with checking for updates two or tree times a day. I'm posting this mostly to put your minds at ease because believe me there are people out there much worse off than most of you are. And apparently I'm one of them. I've written a little program that checks the RSS feed of the announcement board every hour and if there is something new sends me a message on my mobile. A colleague at work caught me checking my phone every few minutes yesterday and asked me what was up. I told him and he said I needed therapy. He he he. I guess he's right. But until I find a DA support group near me I just need my next fix. Please?

Hehe, I was going to suggest to Dom that he could always post the e-mail address of the folks who sent such nasty e-mails to him. I'd hate to see those people's inboxes after this group of rabid fans got through with them...(um, did I just say rabid? woops...better watch my own e-mail in-box!) :)

Or I could just finish up this next chapter of Service and then Dom would have to write out his chapter, thereby further delaying the next chapter of DD, but then the problem with that is that I LIKE reading DD and don't want to have to wait...*sigh*