Philip Seymour Hoffman, Actor of Depth, Dies at 46

hh5

Philip Seymour Hoffman, perhaps the most ambitious and widely admired American actor of his generation, who gave three-dimensional nuance to a wide range of sidekicks, villains and leading men on screen and embraced some of the theater’s most burdensome roles on Broadway, died on Sunday at an apartment in Greenwich Village he was renting as an office. He was 46.
1620511_676984112340027_681106460_n.jpg
The death, from an apparent drug overdose, was confirmed by the police. Mr. Hoffman was found in the apartment by a friend who had become concerned after being unable to reach him. Investigators found a syringe in his arm and, nearby, an envelope containing what appeared to be heroin.

Edited by hh5

What a waste of an amazing talent. There are some vices (in my mind) that shouldn't be indulged in. I never saw the allure of needles to get a high. It's just too dangerous, but maybe that's the hook.

R.I.P.

How sad that this had to happen. I don't understand why someone who had everything going for him: a wonderful career, a longterm girlfriend, kids, respect of all his colleagues, etc., would want to play Russian Roulette with his life. Thank God one of his kids didn't find him sitting on the toilet in his boxers w/a syringe sticking out of his arm.

My heart goes out to his family and friends. RIP PSH, you will be missed.