Gay Valentines

Y_B

As an aside...anyone else notice that it seems like a lot of gay men in their 20's and 30's are rocking facial hair now? Stark contrast from the smooth-faced Queer Eye days.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1

I for one am a fan of facial hair. May have something to do with all these positive male role models I had growing up being bearded. My dad, my granddad, my stepdad, uncles, friends of my parents that I liked... I think I instinctively trust a man with a neat beard. :P Can't grow one myself, though, sadly...

Oh yeah, and the advert was super sweet and adorable and gave me warm, fuzzy feelings! :heart:

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 1

completely agree with Kitt. there's so much good in that advert aside from the awesomeness of two guys hugging on the TV. commitment and faithfulness, love, and hope and all that mushy good stuff. The rings are awesome and we're celebrating gay married soldiers in the armed forces (presumably all the other non married gay guys are cool too).

also when the guy hugs the pillow i kinda wanna cry.

Hmmm, its a little too sentimental for me considering its an ad for lube specifically made for gay butt sex. But then again, as Bob Dylan said, the times they are a changin'. 

Are you saying gay butt sex can't be romantic? You may be on the wrong site. :P

• Like 1

If they advertised the product's merits, would we have copy like, "It's slicker than snot on a doorknob, and won't dry out or get sticky"? Jeff Foxworthy, talking about a similar product, stated, "With this stuff, you can park a Cadillac in a doghouse."*

* Paraphrasing, here

Good lord Russ, don't advertising agencies get enough bad ideas all on their own???

If they advertised the product's merits, would we have copy like, "It's slicker than snot on a doorknob, and won't dry out or get sticky"? Jeff Foxworthy, talking about a similar product, stated, "With this stuff, you can park a Cadillac in a doghouse."*

I would buy any product that was ballsy enough to make that their tagline just on principle alone.

I don't know. If you are trying to sell lube, its gotta be sexy, not sentimental. 

Sentimental is all feel-good and mushy, but it doesn't make my dick go hard. And don't I want to associate a sex product with that? 

I don't know. If you are trying to sell lube, its gotta be sexy, not sentimental. 

Sentimental is all feel-good and mushy, but it doesn't make my dick go hard. And don't I want to associate a sex product with that? 

Yeah, but you are still young, hung and walk around with a hardon at the drop of a glance...Older guys are more into planning, cuddling and going into things a little slower and making it last.  So I suspect the target audience was the over 25 crowd.

• Like 2

Loved the add, and the way they depicted intimacy and love. But I agree this is more like an NGO or pro-LGBT organization making a marriage equality add or something similar. But still, a very beautiful add in itself.

Yeah, but you are still young, hung and walk around with a hardon at the drop of a glance...Older guys are more into planning, cuddling and going into things a little slower and making it last.  So I suspect the target audience was the over 25 crowd.

thanx you insulted the under 25s and made the over 25s feel old all in one sentence...