'Vampire therapy' could reverse ageing, scientists find

Did anyone write about gay vampires or werewolves?

now we know twilight secret ...

grow yer own taylor lauter bods by drinking up the blood of young twinks

It may seem the stuff of gothic horror novels, but transfusions of young blood could reverse the ageing process and even cure Alzheimer’s Disease, scientists believe.
Throughout history, cultures across the globe have extolled the properties of youthful blood, with children sacrificed and the blood of young warriors drunk by the victors.
It was even rumoured that the North Korean dictator Kim Jong-il injected himself with blood from healthy young virgins to slow the ageing process.

That's an interesting premise, and transfusions from young donors might be an option, but drinking blood?  I would think the digestive process might negate some of the advantages.

It is possible that Kim Jung-Il may have tried injections, but since he was only 70 when he died, I'd have to question how effective the injections were.  Wheter or not they discover the answer/cure in blood (possibly in the stem cells), I'm sure the answer is in our genetic code.  Given enough time, scientists will most likely uncover many of the secrets hidden in the human genome. 

• Site Administrator

Interestingly, this was proposed more than 60 years ago by Robert A. Heinlein in his novel Methuselah's Children. :) A case of science fiction becoming science fact :D In that novel, a scientist pointed out that this could only be used to keep a small number of people young because of the amount of blood required, but the solution was, in fact, the invention of an artificial blood supply.

• Like 1

Darn, I thought I had the gay story market on this discovery :D (However, I would also like to point out that cellular degeneration would mean that even these vampires will eventually die, so they are not immortals)

You know what would be interesting is if we can extract the very essence of life itself, not just blood transfusion, from human beings. Imagine without moral implications, if you could take the life force of a child born in a third world country and make it your own (adding 50-60 years of potential lifespan), or the life of a homeless indigent in the US.

Who would notice the disappearance of one of these "unnoticed" people?

Human beings imagine ourselves to be at the top of the natural order, but what if we merely become our own natural resource to be exploited?

Morality keeps us from going that far, but what if the rules of scientific ethics and human morality did not apply?

That's where I am writing as Kitt can attest :P

That's where I am writing as Kitt can attest :P

Oh yes! Amunet is quite an interesting character!  ( Did I spell that right? I am not near my notes!)

There is a syfy movie called Life Force

You know what would be interesting is if we can extract the very essence of life itself, not just blood transfusion, from human beings. Imagine without moral implications, if you could take the life force of a child born in a third world country and make it your own (adding 50-60 years of potential lifespan), or the life of a homeless indigent in the US.

Oh yes! Amunet is quite an interesting character! ( Did I spell that right? I am not near my notes!)

She is and I fixed her bio in my story from how a sci fi show depicted her. (She was never Apeps/Apophis' girl and kinda got jilted out of her first marriage by a guy with an ego that outshines the sun :o )

Enough plug for my story... I am interested in the opinions of others, if you can live longer by feeding off other people, would you do it?

Edited by W_L

good question we have ppl who feed off ppl and never get caught who run the risk of running dry or found the next mark

the question is does one value humanity or not or consume it like food?

Enough plug for my story... I am interested in the opinions of others, if you can live longer by feeding off other people, would you do it?

She is and I fixed her bio in my story from how a sci fi show depicted her. (She was never Apeps/Apophis' girl and kinda got jilted out of her first marriage by a guy with an ego that outshines the sun :o )

No I wouldn't, I find that the cost is just too stupid to take <_< , I'll age naturally thank you very much