Bucket, surely you know that reviews are the well from which inspiration springs for authors to write more chapters ?

See, Gary agrees.

Absolutely... likes and reviews validate our hard work in our attempt to satisfy the masses :read::unsure::P

• Like 3

Bucket, it's not just wanting the inspiration--for me, I just like to know who has sampled my story. A lot of views is not a direct correlation to the number of likes, and still less to the number of reviews. For me, I like to check out what my readers are doing in their own spheres--so how can I do that if they don't signal their presence?

Eager for whatever you have for us bror Tim.

• Like 1

I understand that the feedback is important, that's why I started using the forums and writing reviews. However I was a lurker for quite some time before that and read and enjoyed the stories. Just because we don't respond doesn't mean we didn't enjoy the read. Not everyone is a brash loud mouthed Australian prepared to bravely poke their head above the parapet and make comments :P

Well that's a bit of a deep discussion 

• Like 1

Bucket, surely you know that reviews are the well from which inspiration springs for authors to write more chapters ?

See, Gary agrees.

Absolutely... likes and reviews validate our hard work in our attempt to satisfy the masses :read::unsure::P

Bucket, it's not just wanting the inspiration--for me, I just like to know who has sampled my story. A lot of views is not a direct correlation to the number of likes, and still less to the number of reviews. For me, I like to check out what my readers are doing in their own spheres--so how can I do that if they don't signal their presence?

Eager for whatever you have for us bror Tim.

I understand that the feedback is important, that's why I started using the forums and writing reviews. However I was a lurker for quite some time before that and read and enjoyed the stories. Just because we don't respond doesn't mean we didn't enjoy the read. Not everyone is a brash loud mouthed Australian prepared to bravely poke their head above the parapet and make comments :P

Well that's a bit of a deep discussion

I was a lurker for a long time too. I read a lot of stories but for months I usually didn't even bother to sign in. I think it was actually getting upset with something in a chapter that made me sign in and leave a review. After that I would sign in because I also realized there were perks to signing in, like the fact that I could follow stories and get notifications when there were updates posted. It took me a long time to feel comfortable enough to review because I treated the authors like any author I would find on Amazon and didn't think they would want my opinion. I know better now, but I think it's a common feeling people get and why a lot of people don't leave reviews.

Long winded story short...authors, don't get disheartened if you don't get as many reviews as you had hoped. I'm positive there are a hell of a lot more lurkers (like Bucket and I) out there who are loving your writing but for their own reasons haven't reviewed.

In the meantime I am happy I decided to step out of the shadows and have made a lot of friends as a result :yes:

• Like 1

Oh, I understand lurking...I'm not sure now when my first review or comment was, but it was just over a year before I thought about writing anything here.

I had been reading for years at Nifty and CRVBoy, so I wasn't used to interacting with story sites at all...but when I discovered 'Love On The Rocks' at CRV, and the final note said there would be a sequel, I got excited, and as time went on with no new story, I emailed Mr. McNally and received a ver ynice email in return telling me it was coming, and we exchanged several emails on various subjects. That experience taught me that authors aren't unapproachable, and that they enjoy hearing from readers--at least some do--so I resolved that at GA, I'd respond to every review and PM sent to me as the least I could do for those who decided to try my stories. I've done the same at Nifty, where I'm also posting Jay, and about two dozen people have sent me feedback, most of them multiple times and several are now regular correspondents. It's awesome to interact with the audience!

• Like 1

I was like Lit and Bucket and lurked for a while before joining in. I think most mainstream authors and authors on other sites are held up as unapproachable and it took a little while to get used to the fact that this site is set up specifically for interaction between the author and the reader.

I was a lurker for a long time too. I read a lot of stories but for months I usually didn't even bother to sign in. I think it was actually getting upset with something in a chapter that made me sign in and leave a review. After that I would sign in because I also realized there were perks to signing in, like the fact that I could follow stories and get notifications when there were updates posted. It took me a long time to feel comfortable enough to review because I treated the authors like any author I would find on Amazon and didn't think they would want my opinion. I know better now, but I think it's a common feeling people get and why a lot of people don't leave reviews.

Long winded story short...authors, don't get disheartened if you don't get as many reviews as you had hoped. I'm positive there are a hell of a lot more lurkers (like Bucket and I) out there who are loving your writing but for their own reasons haven't reviewed.

In the meantime I am happy I decided to step out of the shadows and have made a lot of friends as a result :yes:

I was like Lit and Bucket and lurked for a while before joining in. I think most mainstream authors and authors on other sites are held up as unapproachable and it took a little while to get used to the fact that this site is set up specifically for interaction between the author and the reader.

No likes but both LL and Eagle  :heart:  :heart:  :heart:  :heart:  :heart:  :heart:  :heart:

I'll own up to being an initial lurker too, but if you tell an author in his forum that you're reading his story, then I think it's fair to be confronted with a wish for feedback.

And it worked too, Caz is leaving lovely reviews on my prompt story, :lol:

See, Gary agrees.

I usually read on my phone when I'm out and Its hard to leave reviews. But with my hand out if action now I have time to go back and leave reviews chapter by chapter.  But i have been reading this and the promts and am uptodate. 

Edited by Cazpedroso
  • Like 1

Anyone still lurking around waiting for the next chapter of CC ?? I shall post it tomorrow night, hopefully I'll hear from Kitt before that.

While we're waiting, I've started writing ch. 13, so with a bit of luck and inspiration, there won't be as long a hiatus before you get more twin fun.

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 3

Anyone still lurking around waiting for the next chapter of CC ?? I shall post it tomorrow night, hopefully I'll hear from Kitt before that.

While we're waiting, I've started writing ch. 13, so with a bit of luck and inspiration, there won't be as long a hiatus before you get more twin fun.

I'm usually not lurking very far away waiting for a new chapter of CC ;) 

• Like 1