Oh crap...sorry Adi...I was just on my forum and forgot where I was...thought I was still on mine...I need to go to bed and get some sleep :huh:

Oh that's cool...very interesting...can't wait.

Edit Ooooops - reading that last part, I suddenly occurs to me Ren actually did this in the conversation with Michael. :*) so I guess it IS all up to Jonah now. Damn... :pissed:

Tim, I know how hard that must be for you to admit since you're not a Ren fan. :-p. (On my phone so no cute emoticons. Lol).

And I hope you don't misunderstand me, Ren has ALOT of grovelling to do. Weeping, crawling over painful surfaces and a real intent to change kind of grovelling, for being such a prick and letting his temper and blind trust of Eric hurt Jonah. That being said, I think it's healthy for Jonah (if he is going to truly learn to stop running) to take the first step in contacting Ren. He's the one who left so he's the one who has to come back.

Even if, God forbid, Jonah does stay with Sandro (you know my vote on that), Jonah still needs to talk to Ren so they can clear the air, say a proper goodbye and apologize to each other for their parts to play in this fiasco. I believe that only then can Jonah mature and move on with his life.

And how in the heck am I out if likes already??

Edited by LitLover
  • Like 2

I'm hooked on this story! It's like a damn drug.

To be honest I feel Jonah and Ren make more sense. Sandro is sweet and all but I don't think Jonah will be truly his, especially after finding out the truth. I am so happy this happened, I look forward to the next  few chapters.

P.s I understand Ren's reaction to being accused of cheating. I mean dammit the man has an ode to you, tattooed to his neck, what more do you want? Sometimes I just want to punch Jonah, but i guess i understand his trust issues as well. Sometimes there isn't enough proof to stop you from wanting to protect yourself. But looks like he got himself hurt, but running instead of confronting shit head on.

I do love your story so much, I look forward to each and every single chapter to come :)

• Like 2

I'm hooked on this story! It's like a damn drug.

To be honest I feel Jonah and Ren make more sense. Sandro is sweet and all but I don't think Jonah will be truly his, especially after finding out the truth. I am so happy this happened, I look forward to the next  few chapters.

P.s I understand Ren's reaction to being accused of cheating. I mean dammit the man has an ode to you, tattooed to his neck, what more do you want? Sometimes I just want to punch Jonah, but i guess i understand his trust issues as well. Sometimes there isn't enough proof to stop you from wanting to protect yourself. But looks like he got himself hurt, but running instead of confronting shit head on.

I do love your story so much, I look forward to each and every single chapter to come :)

Thank you, Ken! :) I'm glad you're enjoying the story although my boys are a crazy bunch. Yay! :)

• Like 1

Oh no. That doesn't sound good. I'm not sure my poor heart (or my supply of tissues) can handle 2 stories that make me cry!

After the previous chapter there is no way the next part isn't going to be sad, no matter what Jonah chooses to do. Surely you knew that already? We'll cry for Ren (or some readers will) or for Sandro or for Jonah. Or all of them... Just get extra tissues. :,(

After the previous chapter there is no way the next part isn't going to be sad, no matter what Jonah chooses to do. Surely you knew that already? We'll cry for Ren (or some readers will) or for Sandro or for Jonah. Or all of them... Just get extra tissues. :,(

Yea I know. There is no happy ending for everyone in this. I think I just need a break from all of the emotionally charged storylines. I would give up my morning cup of coffee for a just a a happy, "feel good" romance.

I would give up my morning cup of coffee for just a happy, "feel good" romance.

weeellll, now that you mention it, I happen to be worki.. :X  oops

I mean: why don't you try Confounded I. It's fun and romantic, too.

Edited by Timothy M.

weeellll, now that you mention it, I happen to be worki.. :X  oops

I mean: why don't you try Confounded I. It's fun and romantic, too.

Oh yes, I read Confounded I when you recommended it a couple of weeks ago. It was fun. I think I may have to read it again.

Oh yes, I read Confounded I when you recommended it a couple of weeks ago. It was fun. I think I may have to read it again.

sorry, my bad - I forgot I already recommended it. Did you go on with Confounded II ? Not so happy, but still wonderful - however not yet complete. :(

Edited by Timothy M.

And because this is my forum I am allowed to shamelessly advertise my complete four chapter Antho-series 'Four Perspectives'. While it is a typical 'Aditus' story you will feel good at the end. And there will be a sequel...

Edited by aditus

And because this is my forum I am allowed to shameless advertise my complete four chapter Antho-series 'Four Perspectives'. While it is a typical 'Aditus' story you will feel good at the end. And there will be a sequel...

I've read that story. A couple of times actually. Haha. I really enjoyed it. :)

• Like 1

Well. I really loved the style of this chapter and the way there seemed to be a chill in the air throughout. So  :thumbup:  for that.

But for the first time, I am really in doubt that Jonah and Ren will end up together. I get the impression Ren has given up. Things between them were undoubtedly very messy. And, well, if Jonah loves Sandro...  :/ I guess...  :unsure: TmWAT may need to disband...

EDIT:

did you notice how the branch broke when Jonah talked about ending his feelings for Ren. Such symbolism, lol.
Ren must be going through torture, seeing those photos and being confronted with the fact Jonah has a boyfriend. I wonder if he has the braid now? As a memento of what he has lost - although I can't quite see Michael being cruel like that.

OMG I actually jumped a little in my chair when you pointed that out! That was downright Gothic, Addy. Whose heart was that supposed to be! :lol:

Now as to the braid, I was internally yelling NO, Jonah you fool, love and betrayal are what voodoo is all ABOUT, you're the perfect candidate... maybe it'll end up with Eric????  :o There's really no normal human being I can imagine walking around with a braid of someone else's hair. 

Edited by Irritable1
  • Like 2

I'm wondering if Sandro regrets asking Jonah to be the model. But maybe Jonah would eventually have to meet with Ren and get some sort of closure. Matteo seems to think so, and he's the only sensible guy of the whole bunch. However, if Jonah is going to leave Sandro, I don't know if the hat maker would prefer a long relationship to remember or not.

• Like 1

OMG I actually jumped a little in my chair when you pointed that out! That was downright Gothic, Addy. Whose heart was that supposed to be! :lol:

Now as to the braid, I was internally yelling NO, Jonah you fool, love and betrayal are what voodoo is all ABOUT, you're the perfect candidate... maybe it'll end up with Eric????  :o There's really no normal human being I can imagine walking around with a braid of someone else's hair. 

For the first line: I'm writing vampire stories....maybe it shows? :huh:

What is a normal human being? Not anyone I would ever write about... :rofl:

I knew there was a reason I tend to stay away from love triangle stories. Someone's heart is going to get torn apart because one guy was a coward. I am so sad for Ren. It had to kill him seeing Jonah with Sandro..seeing with his own eyes that he didn't mean enough to Jonah to talk to before he found someone new. I would not doubt Ren had some hope that Jonah would come back to him some day so he could apologize and fix things. His hope would have died on the beach that day. If Jonah is going to stay with Sandro, please give Ren his own HEA, a man who can love and trust him AND talk to him. He was hurt that Jonah didn't try to trust him and said something stupid, but he didn't deserve this. He's aparrently spent all of this time tearing himself apart with regret and heartache only to find that Jonah has already happily moved on and has been in someone else's bed for weeks now. Even if Jonah goes and talks to him now, this will forever have scarred a piece of his heart. Please tell me he's been punished enough.

I'm sorry, but I just don't care if Sandro gets hurt or is crying, wondering if Jonah is going to leave him for Ren. He knew Jonah was not over his ex and he went after him anyways. Jonah's conflicted feelings for Ren should be expected. I'm almost at the point that I don't even care if Jonah loses them both and ends up in Tibet, meditating over how much he messed up his life. That won't happen though because these men seem to be tripping over themselves to love him.

Out of curiosity, how many chapter were you planning for this story?

• Like 1

Out of curiosity, how many chapter were you planning for this story?

If all goes well, the epilogue will be posted on Valentine's Day.

Awwww, Lit. Honestly I don't see how Ren and Jonah can come back from this.

You are their fearless leader! They count on you! *passes a bottle of 'Zinful Rendezvous'*

• Like 1

Awwww, Lit. Honestly I don't see how Ren and Jonah can come back from this.

Yea I don't think so either and to be honest, if I were Ren I wouldn't want Jonah back at this point. Why would he want someone back who has shown so little regard for him, even after finding out he didn't cheat. Who would want that back? Right now I just want Ren to be happy again and not hurting over Jonah anymore . Jonah has no bad consequences no matter whose heart he shreds so he'll be fine.

You are their fearless leader! They count on you! *passes a bottle of 'Zinful Rendezvous'*

Addy, my sweetheart, I'll take the wine (very nicely named, by the way) but this:

if I were Ren I wouldn't want Jonah back at this point.

speaks for me. It's just... how long has it been now without a word from Jonah to Ren? Three months, minimum? It's too long and unlike Lit I do feel bad for Sandro.  I mean, I'll keep reading and all, but at this point I'm just rooting for Ren to find a good plastic surgeon for his neck.

Edit: having said all that, it's not just about successful romance is it? I mean, suppose Jonah actually changes as a person. That would be a successful character arc, even if he does wind up alone.

Sidebar: We can't all be Romantic Reviewers. Some of us are just Revolting Readers.

Edited by Irritable1
  • Like 1

Addy, my sweetheart, I'll take the wine (very nicely named, by the way) but this:

speaks for me. It's just... how long has it been now without a word from Jonah to Ren? Three months, minimum? It's too long and unlike Lit I do feel bad for Sandro.  I mean, I'll keep reading and all, but at this point I'm just rooting for Ren to find a good plastic surgeon for his neck.

Edit: having said all that, it's not just about successful romance is it? I mean, suppose Jonah actually changes as a person. That would be a successful character arc, even if he does wind up alone.

Sidebar: We can't all be Romantic Reviewers. Some of us are just Revolting Readers.

True, but it is billed as a romance. So I assume someone gets Jonah, I just am not sure anymore that I want Jonah to have Ren.

My hope for Ren is that he will find a great tattoo artist to change his tattoo into something else because, like the tattoo, what happened with Jonah may always be a part of him, but he doesn't need to be haunted by the dove for the rest of life.

I'm gonna repeat myself: Matteo is the only sensible guy we've met so far. At the end of the chapter he made an interesting observation:

Jonah: “But I should have stayed. I should have talked to him.”

Matteo: “And maybe you would have eventually, had he not said what he did. Or, you would have gone back home after a month here and then, when you had calmed down, and then talked to Ren... But that’s all water under the bridge now. Fact is, he told Michael he said those things, knowing very well he’d nix any chance of reconciliation. And he never said he was sorry. Right?

Jonah: “Not that I know. Michael told me Ren wants to talk to me and I think I’m finally able and ready to do that.   etc

Now I guess the easy answer to that is: Jonah never gave Ren a chance to say he was sorry. But Ren talked to Michael. He could have asked him to pass a message.

Or another objection is: Jonah should be able to guess from Ren's behavior he's sorry. But it's not the same as an apology, as saying I'm sorry. (which I'm guessing is Matteo point).

Jonah has to apologize for not trusting Ren - but not until Ren apologizes first. Although my guess is the moment Jonah sees Ren, all his remorse will come pouring out and he'll babble confused apologies mixed with tears and be a complete mess.

I'm gonna repeat myself: Matteo is the only sensible guy we've met so far. At the end of the chapter he made an interesting observation:

Jonah: “But I should have stayed. I should have talked to him.”

Matteo: “And maybe you would have eventually, had he not said what he did. Or, you would have gone back home after a month here and then, when you had calmed down, and then talked to Ren... But that’s all water under the bridge now. Fact is, he told Michael he said those things, knowing very well he’d nix any chance of reconciliation. And he never said he was sorry. Right?

Jonah: “Not that I know. Michael told me Ren wants to talk to me and I think I’m finally able and ready to do that.   etc

Now I guess the easy answer to that is: Jonah never gave Ren a chance to say he was sorry. But Ren talked to Michael. He could have asked him to pass a message.

Or another objection is: Jonah should be able to guess from Ren's behavior he's sorry. But it's not the same as an apology, as saying I'm sorry. (which I'm guessing is Matteo point).

Jonah has to apologize for not trusting Ren - but not until Ren apologizes first

Or maybe Ren thought an applogy should be made face to face to the person who was hurt and not passing things on through other people like a 6th grade girl asking Suzie to talk Johnny for her.

Honestly it doesn't matter anymore. Ren has seen with his own eyes that Jonah has moved on so now maybe he can too.