I have to agree with Carlos. There are just so many ways to actually stand up in front of a crowd and say "I'll love you forever" before you start repeating what hundreds of others have said. I much preferred seeing their private thoughts before the ceremony. I loved CJ's toast as well!

I preferred the inner thoughts as well.  Your inner thoughts are generally more honest and raw than what you say out loud with an audience.  

• Like 2

I'm glad LL liked my approach. I figured she would be a harsh critic, what with her appreciation for mushy & sappy! :P

Seriously, the approach was a gamble, I felt good about the way it turned out, but the final judge is always the reader. I pleased myself and that's important, pleasing the reader just makes it much nicer.

• Like 1

I'm glad LL liked my approach. I figured she would be a harsh critic, what with her appreciation for mushy & sappy! :P

Seriously, the approach was a gamble, I felt good about the way it turned out, but the final judge is always the reader. I pleased myself and that's important, pleasing the reader just makes it much nicer.

LOL hey I'm not that bad!  :P

And what you did (showing what was going on in the mind of the nervous grooms) was romantic.  Not mushy romantic, but heartfelt and true to these guys.  

• Like 2

Hi Carlos, Nicely handled last couple of chapters.  Great that the guys are married now, and the other relationships seem to be either solid or blossoming.  Except for CJ, of course ... he's yet to find Mr. Right. Still, he's only 15 so I guess his focus needs to be on his studies.

Links to songs mentioned in the story ... now where have I seen that done before? LOL.

Unfortunately, being in Australia, I couldn't access one of the clips, but I enjoyed the other one.

Cheers,

Wayne

• Like 1

Hi Carlos, Nicely handled last couple of chapters.  Great that the guys are married now, and the other relationships seem to be either solid or blossoming.  Except for CJ, of course ... he's yet to find Mr. Right. Still, he's only 15 so I guess his focus needs to be on his studies.

Links to songs mentioned in the story ... now where have I seen that done before? LOL.

Unfortunately, being in Australia, I couldn't access one of the clips, but I enjoyed the other one.

Cheers,

Wayne

Hey Wayne,

So good to hear from you. I'm glad you liked the last two chapter, I expect to hear from you after the next one!

I try to ground the story in real life as much as possible, the US Supreme Court decision was released in June of 2013, since that's when the story takes place it seemed right to incorporate it. Out of the primary characters, one couple had broken up, one had been together only about a year and the other two shared an anniversary of their meeting so it seemed right to get them married together.

CJ will start school about a week or so after the wedding, hell start meeting guys his own age, maybe one of them will be a match.

Brett told me Blue October's song was restricted on You Tube, but he did find it on iTunes. If you have access to that, you can at least listen to a bit of it.

Best wishes, mate!

Carlos

Final installment my ass! You damn well better be intending to pick up with Autumn in short order or I will lead the hunting party heading south!

• Like 1

Y'all need to take it easy on my... slept only about 4 hours last night even after taking a sleeping pill. Who would have thought getting a little ink from your armpit two your elbow would make it so hard to find a comfortable position. At least both elbows are done and I'm not shaving my pits so the edges will have to suffice.

Isn't it the middle of Autumn in the Southern Hemisphere right now? Anyway, I began negotiations with my editor a while back, concerning the possibility of a few more chapters, but now that he's a published author, his time seems to be quite limited...

Forgot to mention it before, drpaladin wrote the 200th review of Summer, woo hoo! Not bad for my little tale, which doesn't really fit into the usual 'popular' categories around GA.

Thank you! I really mean it, thank you so much!

Mann being busy is no excuse mister!  You can send me anything and you know it! I know I am not the best editor in the world but you can always rope in a second to keep me honest.

• Like 3

In your own words, the final judge is the reader. The consensus of the final judges appears to be that this tale isn't over yet.

You can sat that again! I've been getting an earful! I promise I'll pay attention to every comment made!

• Like 1

Carlos:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I repeat: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Those cliffhangers were way beyond vexing.  They were cruel.

Cheers,

Wayne

Oh come on, Wayne. It wasn't that bad now. Just wanted to spice things up a bit, didn't want the story to get stale!

Seems some readers aren't happy with the ending and want me to clear things up a bit. I'm trying to figure out what to do in that respect. As soon as I make a decision, I'll let you know!

Big hugs!

Carlos

• Like 1

The solution is easy - go off and do some "research" (since when is cruising called research  :rolleyes: ). Research your heart out and then come back and start on the next book.

You are only taking a short break, I'm sure we can spend the time bitching and cursing about the wait for the next chapter while you go off and enjoy yourself. :P

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

Oh come on, Wayne. It wasn't that bad now. Just wanted to spice things up a bit, didn't want the story to get stale!

Seems some readers aren't happy with the ending and want me to clear things up a bit. I'm trying to figure out what to do in that respect. As soon as I make a decision, I'll let you know!

Big hugs!

Carlos

Some readers aren't happy? That is comparable to some people dislike being set on fire:lol:

Am I correct in assuming that Mann never suggested that this would be the certain reaction? I would have.

• Like 2

Big hugs!

Carlos

About the only way to clear things up is to start the next installment babe!  No matter how you look at it there is just too much to cover for an Epilogue to do the job!

• Like 4

About the only way to clear things up is to start the next installment babe!  No matter how you look at it there is just too much to cover for an Epilogue to do the job!

:yes: although I would not object to an epilogue to resolve some of those cliffhangers :lol:

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator

:yes: although I would not object to an epilogue to resolve some of those cliffhangers :lol:

That would be a heck of a long epilogue. To be honest, it wouldn't do justice to the story.

That would be a heck of a long epilogue. To be honest, it wouldn't do justice to the story.

True...I just want to know that Adriano's family, especially the kids, are ok. Word that Tommy's injuries are not life threatening would be good too. I wouldn't expect an epilogue to resolve everything....that's where the sequel would come in. :)

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

True...I just want to know that Adriano's family, especially the kids, are ok. Word that Tommy's injuries are not life threatening would be good too. I wouldn't expect an epilogue to resolve everything....that's where the sequel would come in. :)

I don't think so.

Changing the subject. Who was surprised that CJ didn't mop up the sidewalk with Xin Gray? Now I know why he didn't. It makes for a less complicated storyline , but it would have been funny. And Xin Gray... Who is he? Zane Gray's great great grandson? LOL

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

Really Dr P?  Isn't this cliffie complicated enough? You want to add assaulting an officer to the mix?

You have to know he's an officer before it's assaulting a police officer. The guy grabbed him.

Mann has not commented too much on expected reader reaction. A couple of times he suggested I change some lines which would have made one of the main characters less likeable. Even then, if I explain that's the reaction I'm looking for, he buys into it. I've had to tell him what my plans are 6 chapter later sometimes so he can understand what I want.

The wedding and the finale were originally one chapter. Mann wisely advices I split them it was too much at the same time. Heck he thought the last chapter might confuse some reader with the fast cuts, but he always defers to my wishes unless I really mess up. 

I had a picture of a Chinese bodybuilder in mind for the bad cop, needed a Chinese name, Xin sounded cool. 50 shades was a hot topic while I was writing the chapter so Gray came to mind and voila! Xin Gray was born. And yes, Zane Came to mind.

CJ might be a hothead but if a muscle bound guy throws him down to the ground, and identifies himself as a cop, the kid probably messed his shorts. Remember how Cesar mentioned their son had to be careful not to get overconfident with his abilities. This incident proves ass kicking is not always the solution.

as for finding out the resolution to these little issues, who recalls JR's shooting? How long did it take the viewers to find out? :D

• Like 1

This might be a good time to go back and read over some of the chapters again! Take it slow and I'm sure things will make even more sense the second time around. There's a method to my madness. I think.