Hi Eagle and welcome. We are almost as nuts here as we are in Gary's forum!

Good Lord Carlos - do you have a corkboard over your writing spot to tack up pics and notes like a homicide squad's murder board to keep all your ducks in a row?

• Like 1

I am enjoying "Summer" so far and noticed this forum today, so I thought I'd stop in and say hi.

Hey, Isaac! I meant to tell you about this and forgot. I wasn't sure if you just preferred to use pms or what. Feel free to use either. And don't mind the inmates we end up talking about all my other stories in this forum also.

Hi Eagle and welcome. We are almost as nuts here as we are in Gary's forum!

Good Lord Carlos - do you have a corkboard over your writing spot to tack up pics and notes like a homicide squad's murder board to keep all your ducks in a row?

Kitt- Remember those preliminary summaries I sent you for the dolphins' stories? I have the same for Summer, with pictures for all the characters. Printed a copy out and I use that when trying to describe the crew. I also have a couple of spreadsheets with lots of details for each character. For the main ones, it includes things like DoB, place of birth, height, weight, religion, sexual orientation, penis size, top, versatile or bottom, cut or uncut. You know, the basics. A lot of that will never make it's way into the story. It helps me 'see' the character and some of the info ends up defining their personality. You want the exact address for each of their homes? :rofl:

CJ also follows many of the real people I use on his Facebook page. Since the story is set in 2013, CJ keeps track of current developments for me. Never know when something may work it's way into the story sometime in the future.

• Like 1

I like how you handle your sex Carlos. Same way I usually prefer partially clad to full on nekkid. Never underestimate suggestion ...

You and Carlos  :o

Good to know he has your seal of approval  :D

Edited by Bucket1

If CJ want to be in politics he better get used to the spotlight LOL... and hire Dragon to do PR for him!

I was thinking more about CJ's "gay teen stands up to bully" celeb status making news and step-dad getting pissed and making it tough for him to see his little brother out of spite. With the more exposure CJ gets (and politicians would play this up for good press) the more likely it is that the Miami folks which catch wind of it. Just seems like a risk.

• Like 1

I was thinking more about CJ's "gay teen stands up to bully" celeb status making news and step-dad getting pissed and making it tough for him to see his little brother out of spite. With the more exposure CJ gets (and politicians would play this up for good press) the more likely it is that the Miami folks which catch wind of it. Just seems like a risk.

On the other hand, the internship does nicely explain away his absence.

But you are right about the step-asshole, he will not like this..

It probably would but as long as no BAD publicity about the Miami folks comes up... Then again, the American press is known for its sensationalism!

So, did posting two chapters back to back make up for my initial screw up with chapter 13? :lol:

On the other hand, the internship does nicely explain away his absence.

But you are right about the step-asshole, he will not like this..

I was previously telling Isaac that keeping a 15-year-old occupied during a summer can be a nightmare. With CJ getting to DC when he did, it was tough to sign him up for things. So far he has the gym, memorials and museums, sailing lessons, maybe an internship. He can't drive so he's fairly well limited to public transportation withing the city. Let's see what else I can cook up to keep him occupied and out of mischief. :D

You disappoint me Carlos :pissed: :no:

You're writing a story with a gay teen and his gay dads who can be role models for all of us. You take every opportunity to show case good ways to act, healthy ways to live (lots of work-out, healthy food etc), sensible ways to think. CJ is portrayed as mature, intelligent and confident - and then with one sentence you destroy all of that for me.

Summer ch 14: Their morning hard-ons deflated, the boys shared the bottle of Listerine before squirreling back under the bed-sheets and snuggling together.

:blink:   :facepalm:   :pinch:    :angry:  :no:

What's with the mouthwash thing? Have people in NA been brainwashed into thinking this is a good idea? It's rarely seen in stories written by European authors on GA.

Whenever I come across a story, where one of the characters as part of his cleaning routine before a date or before sex does the 'gargle with mouthwash' after brushing teeth ritual. It always makes me  :rolleyes:  and start laughing, and completely kills the mood.

But even worse: Halitosis is a fictional problem, it was invented by Listerine to sell mouthwash products. Every time anyone writes a story where using mouthwash is promoted as a good hygiene thing, they are buying into this lie and perpetuating it.

from an Australian Dental Journal paper from 2008:

"Whilst many of these products may have been shown to be effective in penetrating oral microbial biofilms in vitro and reducing oral bacterial load, it would be wise to restrict their use to short-term therapeutic situations if needed. ...

There may well be a reason for the use of alcohol-containing mouthrinses, but only for a particular situation and for a limited and controlled period of time. ...

mouthwash use should be restricted to adults for short durations and specific, clearly defined reasons."

We can all suffer from bad breath, but the best way to 'cure' it is by good dental hygiene, cutting down on food giving you smelly breath (I get it from garlic unfortunately), brushing your teeth and tongue. If desperate for fresh breath try sugar free chewing gum or a mint.

I've lost faith in CJ - and in your good sense too, Carlos.  :(

Tim and I have agreed to disagree on the mouthwash issue. I blame it on cultural differences. Not a big deal for me but obviously a 'hot button' for the Dane.

Personally, having to stop in the middle of a hot make out session, to put on a condom, is a bigger mood killer than gargling before we start.

I'd love to hear what others think about the use of mouthwash...

You mean you have decided we should agree to diasgree.

Well, we disagree. You're not going to change my mind about it and I'm obviously not going to change your mind.

Where does that leave us If you think I'm wrong and I think you are?

I was previously telling Isaac that keeping a 15-year-old occupied during a summer can be a nightmare. With CJ getting to DC when he did, it was tough to sign him up for things. So far he has the gym, memorials and museums, sailing lessons, maybe an internship. He can't drive so he's fairly well limited to public transportation withing the city. Let's see what else I can cook up to keep him occupied and out of mischief. :D

An internship would keep him busy, that's for sure. A determined and horny 15 year old boy will manage to locate mischief no matter how busy you keep him though :P

• Like 2

An internship would keep him busy, that's for sure. A determined and horny 15 year old boy will manage to locate mischief no matter how busy you keep him though :P

Is my fiancé making a confession here?  :P

Is my fiancé making a confession here?  :P

Fiance? Do I need to be worried?

BTW, Aside from you in Perth and Wayne in Sydney, are you aware of any other Aussies reading my stuff? I want to name the Furballs so one is Wayne and one is Marcus, I thought I'd name the keyboard player after anoter reader from Oz

Fiance? Do I need to be worried?

BTW, Aside from you in Perth and Wayne in Sydney, are you aware of any other Aussies reading my stuff? I want to name the Furballs so one is Wayne and one is Marcus, I thought I'd name the keyboard player after anoter reader from Oz

Dont worry Carlos. Your name is on the invite list  :)

Sorry I don't know of any others...

• Like 1

Well, we disagree. You're not going to change my mind about it and I'm obviously not going to change your mind.

Where does that leave us If you think I'm wrong and I think you are?

Yes, true, we disagree. Where does that leave us? That's easy.

It's your story - you can write what you like.

I can stop reading.

Hi Carlos,

Loved having two chapters this weekend.  Made me feel like my 'Summer' fix was as long as my 'Love on the rocks' fix ... although those chapters are always at least 10K long!

Great to see CJ finally exloring his sexuality ... and you didn't 'overblow it' (if you'll pardon the expression!).  All very tasteful, and no nasty aftertaste!

Speaking of nasty tastes ... I'll weigh in on the mouthwash for what it's worth.

There is nothing more offputting than somebody with bad breath ... and halitosis was not invented by Listerine ... it's a medically recognised condition caused by bacteria below the gumline and the back of the tongue.

I agree that mouthwashes are generally useless - full of sugar, and potentially damaging to the enamel on the tooth.

I grew up with a grandmother who insisted that bad breath can be cured very simply - by drinking a small amount of juiced continental parsley - and 50 years on, Grandma's remedy has proved itself time and time again.

PS Carlos - nice touch referncing the Australian wine.  If I'm not mistaken, Coldstream Hills is the favoured Aussie drop of a certain handsome lawyer down under ... <g>

Cheers,

Wayne

halitosis was not invented by Listerine ...

Yes it was (or as good as) see my original link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Listerine  including the quote

But it wasn't a runaway success until the 1920s, when it was pitched as a solution for "chronic halitosis"— a then obscure medical term for bad breath. Listerine's new ads featured forlorn young women and men, eager for marriage but turned off by their mate's rotten breath. "Can I be happy with him in spite of that?" one maiden asked herself. Until that time, bad breath was not conventionally considered such a catastrophe. But Listerine changed that. As the advertising scholar James B. Twitchell writes, "Listerine did not make mouthwash as much as it made halitosis.

it's a medically recognised condition caused by bacteria below the gumline and the back of the tongue.

No halitosis is NOT a medical condition. It is a SYMPTOM or a synonym for bad breath - which in very rare cases is caused by an underlying medical condition, but in most cases by bad dental hygiene. So brushing your teeth deals with the cause and mouthwash deals with the symptom (temporarily).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halitosis

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/bad-breath/basics/definition/con-20014939

EDIT: let me amend this: Mouthwash is an excellent treatment for the fear of bad breath suffered by people in US and Australia. Europeans also have bad breath, but we seem to use other methods. Better ? :)

Edited by Timothy M.

Yes, true, we disagree. Where does that leave us? That's easy.

It's your story - you can write what you like.

I can stop reading.

Tim

I find it interesting you'll stop reading Summer because CJ used mouthwash, yet you continue to work closely with John who said gay people are not normal. I find your priorities misplaced.

Please refrain from any further postings in this forum. I do not like homophobes or their friends.

Carlos

Edited by Carlos Hazday

Hi Carlos,

Loved having two chapters this weekend.  Made me feel like my 'Summer' fix was as long as my 'Love on the rocks' fix ... although those chapters are always at least 10K long!

Great to see CJ finally exloring his sexuality ... and you didn't 'overblow it' (if you'll pardon the expression!).  All very tasteful, and no nasty aftertaste!

Speaking of nasty tastes ... I'll weigh in on the mouthwash for what it's worth.

There is nothing more offputting than somebody with bad breath ... and halitosis was not invented by Listerine ... it's a medically recognised condition caused by bacteria below the gumline and the back of the tongue.

I agree that mouthwashes are generally useless - full of sugar, and potentially damaging to the enamel on the tooth.

I grew up with a grandmother who insisted that bad breath can be cured very simply - by drinking a small amount of juiced continental parsley - and 50 years on, Grandma's remedy has proved itself time and time again.

PS Carlos - nice touch referncing the Australian wine.  If I'm not mistaken, Coldstream Hills is the favoured Aussie drop of a certain handsome lawyer down under ... <g>

Cheers,

Wayne

Hey Wayne

Great to hear from you. I told Marc the wine was a nod to Mr. Stewart and I was certain he and I would be the only two realizing what it was. I stand corrected!  :) Good pick up.

I don't think I'll get to the 10k chapter but mine keep getting bigger all the time.

I'll take my time with CJ and sex. If I've made him sound so smart aI can't very well have him turn into a hoe overnight :rofl:

My apology to you and all other Australian readers for somebody insulting all of you for disagreeing with his views. I've asked him to stay off the forum, I don't think disagreements should lead to insulting people.

Thanks for the comments, mate!