Looking For An Editor.

• Site Administrator

Please review the pinned topic for authors in the sub-forum 'Writing Support Requests' (I'm moving this topic there) and then edit your post or add another reply with the appropriate information. No one is going to volunteer to edit when you don't include any information on your writing itself.

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

And... maybe you should check on the quality of the writing and/or editing of the people offering to help before you take them up on it. We have a system with a particular post set up on purpose.

• Like 3
  • Site Administrator

If you have any questions, I recommend checking out the FAQ topics regarding the forums and especially how to post a story that can be found through the Help tab in the red menu bar. You can also message any site staff member. Many members can also point you in the right direction as well, and are more than willing to do so.

And... maybe you should check on the quality of the writing and/or editing of the people offering to help before you take them up on it. We have a system with a particular post set up on purpose.

Double O--

Cia has given you excellent advise. You should hook up with someone from whom you can learn. GA has a program to qualify individuals as editors and as Beta readers. We're entitled to have the EDITOR banner under our name but many of us choose to stick with the Author one. Even though I was told my name would go into the pool of available editors and readers, I'm well aware of my own shortcomings and shied away from offering my services until recently.

The new crop of young writers on the site led me to offer help to a couple of people and hopefully I can pass on some of what my two primary editors have taught me over the past nine months. Do not despair if it takes some time to line someone up. It took me a couple of months until I twisted a certain person's arm into helping me but now I'd be lost without him. Hell, I offered him bribes to get him to edit the sequel!

I get overloaded with the information in the forums sometimes but whenever I get lost a staf member has always been quick to answer my questions and point me in the right direction.

Holler if you have questions.

Carlos

• Like 2

The new crop of young writers on the site led me to offer help to a couple of people and hopefully I can pass on some of what my two primary editors have taught me over the past nine months. Do not despair if it takes some time to line someone up. It took me a couple of months until I twisted a certain person's arm into helping me but now I'd be lost without him. Hell, I offered him bribes to get him to edit the sequel!

And I'm still waiting for that batch of naked selfies you promised...

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...