From The Cup Of The Worthless By Cynus

A great line I heard today from a documentary on the state of LGBT rights in Japan:

"Homophobia is invisible here, and we have to fight this silent avoidance."

Silent Avoidance. I've not heard of homophobia put that way before, but as I contemplate that phrase I realize that this is what my family does to me, and why there's still a wall between me and them. I also realize how often it happens all around me in Utah. Silent avoidance is bearable, but it's still not good enough. 

It almost feels like ignoring the elephant in the room.

Virtuous enough to fall. :) Isn't there some axiom about success being "getting up one more time than we've fallen"? I'm pretty certain those pretty angels who never fell don't know what success is. :evil:

Hehe, and the fallen angels have the cooler names :D I mean Lucifer is pretty hard to beat!

• Like 1

Ah, yes, Zen and patience is advised. Ask yourself, WWDD? (What Would Dante Do?) He'd play the long con. Patience is important in the world of the mobsters.

Thank you all for your support. You rock.

Correction: Dante rocks.

• Like 1

I wanted to give you all a tidbit of information on some of the character names in the story. Specifically "Daisuke" and "Satoshi".

Daisuke and Satoshi are the two Japanese names I'm most familiar with. The second manga series I ever read, DN Angel, features two main characters with those names. I've always been fond of the names since then, and I tend to use them for my Japanese characters often. When I started this story, I was laughing with Brad, my best friend, about how I wasn't going to use either name for my main characters. I was going to research other names to use so I wouldn't end up abusing those names in yet another story. Of course, then I ran into a problem.

I was about to introduce Daisuke's character and didn't have a name for him. Just as a placeholder, I used the name "Daisuke". Well, after writing Daisuke's name a number of times, I realized I couldn't change it. I like the name too much. :D

Then the same thing happened with Satoshi, and the rest is history. 

Of course, Brad laughs at me every time I bring it up, but I can live with that. :) 

• Like 2

This book is now available on Kindle, for those who'd like to see the cover I had designed for it. :)

Here's a link to the blog post talking about it: https://www.gayauthors.org/forums/blog/622/entry-16126-from-the-cup-of-the-worthless-now-available-on-kindle/

Congratulations Cynus! :hug: Are you planning on posting it in GA's Ebook Store? :)

And for the latest chapter: Aww!!! :wub:

They become brothers! :D It was really sweet how emotional they got. :yes:

• Like 1

Congratulations Cynus! :hug: Are you planning on posting it in GA's Ebook Store? :)

And for the latest chapter: Aww!!! :wub:

It's possible, once I work out how that's done properly. :) I'm glad you enjoyed the latest chapter. I hope you enjoy the direction the story takes next. 

I'm enjoying the story altogether, look forward to it weekly... 

I'm glad, tim. :) With any luck, we'll keep things that way. Three of my four favorite chapters are still to come, and I hope you like them.

Congrats Cynus.. That's pretty awesome.. 

Thanks, Def. :) Now, if only I could figure out how to advertise . . . lol

Okay :) If you need any info on how to put your ebooks on GA, here is the link: GA Ebook FAQ. I hope it helps.

Thanks, Spawnling! I'll look into it in depth sometime when I have a free moment.

I'm really liking how a coalition is forming between the Yakuza, the Russians, and the Americans. Of course, it didn't come about without  lot of effort :lol: I do wonder though, will Vladi and Nobu ever get along?

That's a good question, isn't it. What do the rest of you think?

Sakazuki, the sake sharing ceremony, is the basis of this story. Everything is centered around these boys forming these strong, ritualistic bonds. Whether the groups will ever work together is one thing, but the boys definitely highly regard their loyalty to each other.

To me, I think the gangsters can understadn each other and get along (as long as they aren't in a war). The one I see as the odd man out is Viktor. He's not in the gangster life style and doesn't seem to be willing to enter it either. In fact, he wants to follow in his father's footsteps, if I'm not mistaken. So how will he deal with the criminal behaviour? Can he accept it? Look the other way?Or will it doom his relationship with the others? 

• Like 1

To me, I think the gangsters can understadn each other and get along (as long as they aren't in a war). The one I see as the odd man out is Viktor. He's not in the gangster life style and doesn't seem to be willing to enter it either. In fact, he wants to follow in his father's footsteps, if I'm not mistaken. So how will he deal with the criminal behaviour? Can he accept it? Look the other way?Or will it doom his relationship with the others? 

Those are excellent questions. I can think of a couple of points in the chapters ahead which will go a long way in shedding light on that matter, and I think you'll find the result reasonable. Whether or not you'll expect it is another matter entirely. My favorite part of chapter 17 will be one of these, and part of chapter 22 as well. Though, now that I think about it, chapter 16 will also have a bearing on that.

The good thing, I think, is the criminals are all willing to accept Viktor as part of their group, despite knowing his goals and aspirations. Perhaps there's room to meet in the middle between their various worlds? Or  maybe he'll pull them to his world? Or maybe Viktor will give in and join the gangsters?

There are many paths still available. :)

Yeah, but I'm bit of a masochist, I enjoy the painful wait of a week for new chapters ;):P

You must have gotten it from me. :evil: I was just letting you know you had options. 

Yes but, he'd better be okay... 

Well, he survived the last time he went awry . . . of course, not making any promises. :P

You enjoy keeping us in suspense, don't you Devilsire? :P*the ebook looks more tempting...*

Maybe I should have put this in the "suspense" category. :P I do enjoy cliffhangers. At first, I wrote them to keep readers coming back. Now, I wonder if it's created too much of a love/hate relationship with my readers...  :/

Maybe I should have put this in the "suspense" category. :P I do enjoy cliffhangers. At first, I wrote them to keep readers coming back. Now, I wonder if it's created too much of a love/hate relationship with my readers...  :/

Cynus, I think I can speak for other readers in saying that we enjoy these cliffhangers. :hug: They keep us on our toes, have us guessing, and overall excited for what's to come ^_^

• Like 1