Open Club  ·  281 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

An Update On My Life....

Hooray and huzzah, Dr. Arbour! 

Congratulations on such an  impressive accomplishment, Mark. ❤️

And I’m sure I speak for countless readers when I say it’s such a joy to know you’re back, and that we’ll soon be reading the lastest exploits of our daring gang of Cramptoms, Schluters and company.

Meanwhile, Happy Summer, and all the best to you and yours!

-Clara

• Like 4
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My dear Doctor Arbour, congratulations on your academic achievement, and for your recent postings implying some recovery from your poor health. You were one of the first authors I read on GA and thereby the root cause of my addiction. Reading your stories is such a boon, a real relaxation for an old man like me (87) and a relief from the angst of teen agers 'coming out' of the closet with destructive consequences by homophobic parents. Not all parents are so violently against their children's life-style and it is rewarding to read sometimes about more accepting ones.
I hope that you continue to feel better and will be able to devote some of your recovered energy to getting our favorite sea captain out of the clutches of the mad Czar. As far as the 'low libido' from which you have been suffering -- detailed descriptions of sexual liaisons are nice, but not an absolute requirement for a good story, , , Hell, at my advanced age, I find my eye skipping some of those paragraphs anyway. Just don't leave us freezing our asses off in the backwaters of the Baltic Sea!!!!
MisterWill

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I, who am a staunch supporter of Mark and his story telling abilities, wish, first of all to express my support in his present difficulties, and temper that with a bit of patience in following his current story line, I have just read chapter 22, but will go back and read it again when additional chapters are posted to be able to mentally tie it all together.
Take care, Mark, of yourself and your family as a prime requirement, but know you have a multitude of friends out here in Readerland, who wish you well.
Mister Will

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

A question is buzzing around in my head. In my current residence in Brazil, I have no worries about Coronavirus infection even though Brazil is certainly not totally immune to the problem as I am living with only one other person. How are you doing with the isolation rules where you are? I have been in this state of isolation for a couple of years and have become used to it. But I do enjoy reading the latest chapters to my favorite stories.
The temperatures here are in the low 30's and I do not feel right about leaving my favorite Captain in the wilds of frozen Russia. Let's get him out of there before the Tsar goes totally bonkers! If I remember my history correctly it was something the Tsar was prone to do.
I especially enjoy your writing as I feel I have learned a great deal about the British wind navy of the 19th Century. Right from the Gun Room on up to the lookouts.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I am back after a long hiatus, and am enjoying the current updates to your stories, Mark. But I will have to admit that conditions in the world have changed dramatically since last I chatted with you.
Misterwill

• Like 1

I just shifted over here from Black Widow as I find I understand this story line much better than trying to keep up with all the different characters on that one. I have been following this series since the very beginning (Gun Room?) and feel I have learned a great deal about the 1800's British navy and the politics of the period especially the relationships (many) between Britain and the other monarchies of the 19th Century. I made the comment about Paul I of Russia because my superficial readings of history lead me to believe he is the mad Czar and he is due to be assassinated in March of 1801, which, considering the slowness of ocean travel, would be just about the time Lord Granger is in Saint Petersburg. I am sure THAT will make his stay there interesting to say the least.
Misterwill

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..