Open Club  ·  280 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

An Update On My Life....

Dear Mark,

I have been cautious to check in on the story status because I was afraid of finding bad news. So sorry to hear your illness. I am also dealing with some cancer related issues. The scariest thing I ever heard from my doctor was when he said he was referring me to an ONCOLOGIST.

I have a very rare case of Basal Cell Carcinoma where a small, neglected  Basal cell skin cancer decided to go internal and take out all the lymph nodes for my right shoulder and right arm. Surgery was four years ago and I still feel like crap.  Serious disruption of the lymph system, borderline lymphoma. Treatments and medicine have left me pretty much as you about libido, not sexually interested so much anymore.

When I read stories online I just skim over the sex scenes and look for the story content. Good writing and good characters don't always need hard core sex.

Wishing you the best and know that you have a lot of concerned readers that care about you.

David W.

• Like 3

Mark,

I am so sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I wish you all the best and  will eagerly (and patiently) await the continuation of George Granger's adventures. Please know that you have been greatly missed!

Thank you for hours of great reading enjoyment.

Jim

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Hi Mark,

You've been missed. Sorry life sucks at the moment. Wait and the pendulum will swing back the other way again. It seems like it always does. Just not as far every time.

And although I enjoy the sex, you do write it well, I read it for the intrigue and the battles. You write AWESOME battles. You could always have george lose a nut to a sniper and then just turn him political and the mastermind of intrigue. It keeps the creative juices flowing, gives you someplace to escape to.

It's just a thought. In ANY case, so glad to hear from you. You are a amazing person.

CHeers, we're here for you. And you're one of those authors that could write the yellow pages and you would have a solid readership.

• Like 2

Glad to hear things moving in the right direction. Now Im back in north america, my notifications have reverted to a civilised schedule; in australia i was getting them at 2 and 3 am! So looking forward to my next mark arbour notification!

• Like 5

First of all, thanks for all the nice things you said in this forum.  It always impresses me...how valuable e-friends can be. 

So I'm starting to pull my head out of my ass. ... which is a royal pain in the ass. 

:rofl: LOL... had me laughing about that . I think only pussycats can do that... LOL.Hey just my type of humor. For you are a tiger.

Hey OMG a butt plug as big as a head being pulled out of your ass ... Mark OMG you had a really big problem. LOL. Hey just my interpretations of your words... LOL. :rofl:

Mark really good to hear you are on your way back. And realize you can do it. Maybe with some help. BUT YOU CAN DO IT.

And if e-friends can help...

Love :heart: , hugs :hug:   kisses :kiss: :kiss:

AndyG

Edited by Northern Dutch Guy
  • Like 2

Hi Mark – it's been a while since I've logged onto the Forum and shame on me for not earlier sharing my thoughts and wishes for recovery of your health and "other important facets" :P of your life...my VERY bad!

I am so happy to hear that finally you finally have experienced some positive progress to share and what you're doing to further that move back to some degree of normalcy.   I have missed teasing you about short chapters/word counts and hope to soon once again twist the tigers tail –  :boy:

So glad to have you back!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Mark, as you know, none of your readers actually read the sex scenes. We simply humor you so that you will continue with your excellent writing of the parts we don't all skip over.  :o  :P  :rolleyes:  :wub:

Sacrilege! Heresy! 

That's all I'm saying.

Edited by ricky
  • Like 2

Welcome back and congratulation on getting back on the saddle, I kind of know it is not easy. A few years ago you told me you were thinking about re-editing your stories after I made some remarks about the name you chose for the french characters, I told you I thought that your stories were great the way they are, but you chose a good way to get back. In the end the names do not matter, after all I am a french girl with a typical french name, Charlotte, but since the birth of the new princess in england, everybody think it is an english name. I love when write about France and Paris in particular. After all I was born and raised in Paris and lived there, I think it is a wonderful city  and would be even better without the Parisian.

• Like 4

Welcome back, Mark! I'm excited about the update to "Chronicles..."  It gives me an excuse to start reading again from the beginning -- for the fourth (!) time. It's always a pleasure.

Take care, Mark, be well, and have a Happy Thanksgiving! 

(Your writing, and its ability to take me temporarily away from the more traumatic moments in life, is one of the things I'm thankful for again this year. xoxo)

Edited by cems
  • Like 3
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Daddydavek said:

I'm hoping with the end of the school year almost upon us that Mark has no school commitments this summer so he can rest and recuperate and just maybe find some time and inspiration to write...:whistle:

I'll second that emotion.

• Like 4

I don't want to be another PITA that has to hear every day or so that Mark hasn't dropped off the face of the earth, but can anyone assure me that Mark hasn't fallen off the face of the earth?  Sorry if I offended anyone with my PITA worries.  😜

• Like 4
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..