We've had basically the same Disney movie mix show on Christmas Eve for close to 50 years. Snippets from different movies. Each time they try to change it, there's great outrage. Funnily enough the kids nowadays are so used to cartoons they don't even watch these (really old) clips.

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator

Today's entry brought back a memory from twenty years ago - Christmas 1996.

My cousin's daughter was five that year. Due to her mom's work schedule, she and her family usually spent Christmas Eve with my family.  Wonder of wonders that year K happened to see 'Santa' visiting at the neighbour's house. The look on her little face was priceless...I can see her now in my mind's eye. :)

• Like 4
  • Site Administrator

Today's entry brought back a memory from twenty years ago - Christmas 1996.

My cousin's daughter was five that year. Due to her mom's work schedule, she and her family usually spent Christmas Eve with my family.  Wonder of wonders that year K happened to see 'Santa' visiting at the neighbour's house. The look on her little face was priceless...I can see her now in my mind's eye. :)

:wub:  Sharing stories like this is what this calendar is all about.  Thanks for bringing a smile to my face.  :) 

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

I feel like the kid in class whose hand is waving in the air as she madly cries "oh pick me, pick me!"

Why you ask? Because I know with the utmost certainty that Val is the author of Door #10.  How can I be so sure you ask? Well, I will tell you, it's because of post Val made about some patients/clients she works with who are in this very same situation... I bet you didn't think I would remember, eh? :P

This line sealed the deal: 

Sometimes people with aphasia can sing much better than they can speak. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 5

I know with the utmost certainty that Val is the author of Door #10.  How can I be so sure you ask? Well, I will tell you, it's because of post Val made about some patients/clients she works with who are in this very same situation...

I remember too - but Val could have helped Cole or Aditus with the info. ;)

The story reminded me of Cia's Disastertastic in a round-about-way (the difference between talking and singing). If you have Premium access and like Christmas stories, it's a fun read.

• Like 3

When I was a teenager, my father's church youth group used to go caroling to the homes of various church members. It was an ethnic church so there were members who primarily spoke Japanese. Among our mimeographed lyric sheets was a single song we could sing in Japanese. The song is the most recorded holiday song and has been translated into dozens of languages and you're all familiar with the tune. But most of you would mangle the pronunciation!  ;-)

Kiyoshi kono yoru

(Sanbika 109)

Kiyoshi kono yoru hoshi wa hikari
sukui nomiko wa mabune no naka ni
nemuri tamo-o. itoyasuku.

Kiyoshi kono yoru mitsuge ukeshi
makibitotachi wa miko no mimae ni
nukazukinu, kashikomite.

Kiyoshi kono yoru miko no emi ni,
megumi no miyo no ashita no hikari
kagayakeri, hogarakani.
  • Site Administrator

I feel like the kid in class whose hand is waving in the air as she madly cries "oh pick me, pick me!"

Why you ask? Because I know with the utmost certainty that Val is the author of Door #10.  How can I be so sure you ask? Well, I will tell you, it's because of post Val made about some patients/clients she works with who are in this very same situation... I bet you didn't think I would remember, eh? :P

This line sealed the deal: 

Sometimes people with aphasia can sing much better than they can speak. 

:X  :gikkle:

The story reminded me of Cia's Disastertastic in a round-about-way (the difference between talking and singing). If you have Premium access and like Christmas stories, it's a fun read.

I love that story!  It's a great read.  :)

Darn, what if she told them about that and didn't write this story herself.. Sneaky Penguin  :pissed:   :lol:   :angry:  :funny:

You never know where inspiration comes from.  ;)  :devil:

red-herring.jpg

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator

I thought about that but then the red herring would have come into play here, but I'm betting that isn't the case. 

I was just just reading about Sawyer's lovely voice last night. :gikkle:

• Like 3
  • Site Administrator

Adi will post our responses to reviews sometime this weekend. He's pretty busy and there's a whole week to respond to, so it may take a little while.  :) 

• Like 3

star-bun.png I would like to thank the Acadamy... :lol::funny: Not sure what story I missed.. hmm..

Cole - you wrote the line I have as a signature - I love that line ! :2thumbs:

Adi will post our responses to reviews sometime this weekend. He's pretty busy and there's a whole week to respond to, so it may take a little while.   :)

Hurry up, Aditus !! :angry::lol:

Edited by Slytherin
  • Like 4
  • Site Administrator

star-bun.png I would like to thank the Acadamy... :lol::funny: Not sure what story I missed.. hmm.. star-bun.png

Cole - you wrote the line I have as a signature - I love that line ! :2thumbs:

Hurry up, Aditus !! :angry::lol:

star-bun.png

You guessed that I wrote Adi's story "To Fly".  Thanks :)  That was a great story.  :) 

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

I apparently suck at guessing... LOL So here's a picture of my choir doing a Luciatåg today at Seglora church. See if you can spot me...

*gets out magnifying glass* Far left corner?  :gikkle:  You got two right, so not too bad.  ;)

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator

I apparently suck at guessing... LOL So here's a picture of my choir doing a Luciatåg today at Seglora church. See if you can spot me...!

I didn't do that well either... only guessed five of nine correctly. We have some very sneaky clever authors on GA....

• Like 3

There's only one guess for today's story so far... Reader1810 has guessed that Aditus wrote it.  Do you agree or disagree?   :gikkle:

I'm hopeless at guessing, but since the main character was an emotional, insecure drama queen, I agree with Reader. :rofl:

Hey!  :angry:  :evil:  :devil:   

Door #7: Elixir by Cole Matthews

Slytherin was the only one to correctly attribute this lovely story to Cole.  I had the majority of guesses at two, and Adi had one.

See, I told you I was hopeless at guessing. But it was fun teasing Adi. :lol:

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 5