Favorite Concert Experience?

Earlier this week me and my friends were able to score tickets for Metallica and Avenged Sevenfold at Metlife stadium, and it got me thinking; whats every bodies favorite concert experience? If it's something crazy great! If it's something you personally found moving or exciting that's just as good! 

Personally my favorite concert moment was seeing Motley Crue on their final tour with my dad. The gorgeous Tommy Lee had some awesome roller coasteresque track he wound up riding as he played! Including going upside down! It's a moment I doubt I'll ever forget. 

• Like 5
  • Site Administrator

I have three that stand out to me.  In 1988 I saw U2 for their Joshua Tree tour.  It wasn't them that were so memorable, though.  The opening act was Stevie Ray Vaughn.  He was incredible and totally blew them out of the water.  

Second one that stands out to me is Loreena McKennitt.  I was blown away by how many diverse instruments came together to form music that penetrated right to my soul.  

Third is Joe Bonamassa.  Anyone who's a guitar aficionado needs to see this guy live.  If you cut him, he'd bleed the blues.  

• Like 2

When I was 16 I went to see Texas with my Dad, it was actually my first concert. We're not a fusional father/daughter pair but we share our love for music and a lot of musics I like is thanks to him.

But my best concert experience wasn't a concert per se but a music festival two years ago.

I went with my Dad - again. It was our first festival experience and it was awesome!

There was Scorpion, Christine and the Queens, Alt-J, Florence and the Machine, Julien Doré, Sting, The Do, George Ezra, Asaf Avidan, Etienne Daho and Lenny Kravitz!

In 1988 I saw U2 for their Joshua Tree tour.

:o I'm so jealous! Too bad I wasn't born yet :gikkle:
  • Like 3

Without a doubt, my favorite concert was at Varsity Stadium in Toronto, Ontario, on June 27, 1974. I saw James Taylor, Linda Ronstadt, and America, all on the same card!! It was phenomenal, and my girlfriend and I had the best seats... on the grass, dead center....

Second would be Eric Clapton, April 09, 1978, at Maple Leaf Gardens... he was so freaking good... so much weed in the air, I could barely walk out :)

Don't anyone roll their eyes, but Cher, at Air Canada Center in April of 2014, put on a hell of a show... so much power in her voice at that age... I was worried about being disappointed, but she was PERFECT. I yelled out when it was quiet, I love you Cher, and she yelled back, I love you too.... so yeah, I talked to Cher -_-

• Like 4

Hoodie and the Blowfish opening for Bryan Adams, just before their first song hit the billboard charts, like less than a month. 

Also so a local radio station does a day long concert of various tribute bands. The first time, when we had lawn seats and sat next to a group of women my age on a ladies night out. I was there with my 12 year old son, and my hubby who had just had reparative surgery for a broken collar bone. They made sure my son had fun, while having fun themselves without being inappropriate.

• Like 3

Hoodie and the Blowfish opening for Bryan Adams, just before their first song hit the billboard charts, like less than a month. 

Imagine, Darius Rucker from Hootie is now a big country star!

My favorite concert was December 10, 2016. It was my tenth time (maybe more) seeing Melissa Etheridge, and it was only ten minutes from where my best friend lives in Jersey. This particular concert was my favorite because we waited outside by her tour buses, in the freezing cold, for over an hour, but she finally came out! She signed everyone's ticket, so now I have an authentic autograph from Melissa! :)

• Like 2

My first gig was awesome. For my 13th birthday my parents took me to see Lindisfarne (English folk-rock band who had their height of fame in the 70s). They were my favourite band as a kid, and I know all the words to all the songs. I was the youngest person at that gig by probably 30 years, maybe more.

Haven't seen nearly as much live music as I'd like, and one day, I am going to find someone to see some country music with. Dammit.

• Like 3

1976 - Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band - Born to Run Tour - McDonough Gym, Georgetown University, Washington, D.C.

I had no idea who he was and fell in love with the music and eventually with his political activism

2014 - Linkin Park & 30 Seconds to Mars - Carnivores Tour - Cruzan Amphitheatre, West Palm Beach, Florida

Highlight of the concert was Jared Leto grabbing my hand to steady himself as he ran accross the row of seats in front of me. He pulled me off balance and I ended up on my ass on the floor.

• Like 4

Haven't seen nearly as much live music as I'd like, and one day, I am going to find someone to see some country music with. Dammit.

ME!!!! I'll go with you, Sasha!!!! We can go see anyone you like!!!! But Chris Young has to be at the top of the list. I'm in love with him. :) Well, him and that gorgeous guy from The Chainsmokers. :lol:

• Like 2

1976 - Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band - Born to Run Tour - McDonough Gym, Georgetown University, Washington, D.C.

I had no idea who he was and fell in love with the music and eventually with his political activism

2014 - Linkin Park & 30 Seconds to Mars - Carnivores Tour - Cruzan Amphitheatre, West Palm Beach, Florida

Highlight of the concert was Jared Leto grabbing my hand to steady himself as he ran accross the row of seats in front of me. He pulled me off balance and I ended up on my ass on the floor.

That would be the highlight for me too, Carlos! :)

I saw Springsteen quite a few times when I lived in Jersey (where I'm from). Saw him and Billy Joel perform together at the Meadowlands (it's not called that now, though) Awesome, awesome concert. :)

• Like 2

That would be the highlight for me too, Carlos! :)

I saw Springsteen quite a few times when I lived in Jersey (where I'm from). Saw him and Billy Joel perform together at the Meadowlands (it's not called that now, though) Awesome, awesome concert. :)

Unfortunately the meadowlands has really changed. Also being from New Jersey It was really sad for me to see Meadowlands Arena/Izod center/ Brendan Byrne Arena (or whatever other name the place had  ^_^ ) close. Heres to hoping they reopen it one day soon, I have really good memories of going to that arena for devils or nets game with my Dad.

That being said, it sounds like you saw an absolutely amazing show there. Billy Joel and Bruce together? If that doesn't scream tristate area I don't know what does. 

That being said Metlife is an awesome stadium. I've been there for both concerts and football and it's got a great atmosphere! 

• Like 1

ZOMG! Jared Leto...... *drools* I have loved him since the first time I saw Fight Club when I was fourteen.

ME!!!! I'll go with you, Sasha!!!! We can go see anyone you like!!!! But Chris Young has to be at the top of the list. I'm in love with him. :) Well, him and that gorgeous guy from The Chainsmokers. :lol:

Can you maybe magic you over here for the Country 2 Country festival, or you can magic me over there for something fun!

• Like 2

In 1980 an international singer I'd not long discovered, and put in that special basket as someone who must be listened to, came to Melbourne, Australia.

I turned up early at the Comedy Theatre only to be told that the show was completely booked out. Seeing my disappointment the kind lady in the ticket office told me to wait and if one of the seats reserved for reviewers wasn't used she'd let me have that.

I missed the first ten minutes but then I was in and seated only a few rows from the stage.

Hearing that magic voice live was one of those transcendent moments where awe and emotion take us somewhere else..

Yes, it was the incomparable Leonard Cohen

• Like 3

I have a few that stand out.

1970-something, I saw John Denver, in the round, at a place that no longer exists, McNichols Arena in Denver, CO.  His voice and writing was inspired!  There are song of his that still make me cry.  Annie's Song, Calypso (which he wrote after being with the great Jacques-Yves Cousteau)...I could go on for days.

Sometime in about 1976 I was allowed to "go to a show" without a chaperone.  My BFF Kelly and I saw (don't laugh) The Bay City Rollers.

I've seen Neil Diamond 3 times.  Great shows. Lots of dancing in the aisles.

The greatest, however, was an outdoor venue called Thunder Mountain Amphitheater.  We saw Randy Travis. August, 2010.  The kids were with us, and they knew all the words.  All. The. Words.  It was the best!

• Like 3

Unfortunately the meadowlands has really changed. Also being from New Jersey It was really sad for me to see Meadowlands Arena/Izod center/ Brendan Byrne Arena (or whatever other name the place had  ^_^ ) close. Heres to hoping they reopen it one day soon, I have really good memories of going to that arena for devils or nets game with my Dad.

That being said, it sounds like you saw an absolutely amazing show there. Billy Joel and Bruce together? If that doesn't scream tristate area I don't know what does. 

That being said Metlife is an awesome stadium. I've been there for both concerts and football and it's got a great atmosphere! 

I just Googled it to see what it's called now, and MetLife Stadium came up. That didn't take over?

Yes, Bruce and Billy Joel were way more than awesome! Everyone was screaming and jumping up and down in the aisles. lol

If I remember correctly, you're down not too far from where Bruce grew up, right? Down by the racetrack?

• Like 1

ZOMG! Jared Leto...... *drools* I have loved him since the first time I saw Fight Club when I was fourteen.

Can you maybe magic you over here for the Country 2 Country festival, or you can magic me over there for something fun!

Country 2 Country???? Sounds awesome!!!! I would LOVE to magic myself over there! Wish I had one of those time travel type thingies! lol And btw, Sasha, they have LOTS of country stars playing around here. In June every year they have a country music festival somewhere by a ski resort in NY State. Not too too far from me.

• Like 2

I have a few that stand out.

Sometime in about 1976 I was allowed to "go to a show" without a chaperone.  My BFF Kelly and I saw (don't laugh) The Bay City Rollers.

OMG!!! Les McKeown!!!! I LOVED the Bay City Rollers!!!!! lol I wish they were still around.

• Like 1

I just Googled it to see what it's called now, and MetLife Stadium came up. That didn't take over?

Yes, Bruce and Billy Joel were way more than awesome! Everyone was screaming and jumping up and down in the aisles. lol

If I remember correctly, you're down not too far from where Bruce grew up, right? Down by the racetrack?

That did, I thought you were talking about the other center that was there for some reason. If you got to see that concert at giants stadium thats amazing! Lately that area has been metlife stadium, the race track and they're finally making progress on that weird mall thing! If you remember it the old indoor center is still there, its just only used for bands to practice. 

Great memory! I live around that area! I actually used to row on the passaic river (fell in a few times too! It's just as gross as everyone says it is!)

Nothing beats growing up in Jersey!

• Like 2

I had the tartan scarf, those ridiculous pants, and all the albums!  

I had all the albums too!!! Actually, when albums were converted to CDs, I BOUGHT all their CDs! So I can still listen to them! lol

• Like 1

Aerosmith at Fenway Park circa 2010. Steven Tyler sang 'Dream On' from atop the Green Monster.

My best friend's sister worked at Fenway Park at the time and was able to get us insanely good tickets for dirt cheap. My friend and I at 18 were the youngest people in our section, by decades lol. Never seen so many grown, functioning adults stoned out of their mind as I did that night!

• Like 1

I've been to only one concert and so...its my favorite! Lol. Phyno, a national superstar around here came to my town and I was dragged over there by friends that consider me too introverted. It turned out to be a pretty decent evening/night as I got to chat with them and had a good time with them.

I got a headache from the blaring music speakers and singing along with the singer and watching friends got drunk. Lol.

• Like 1