[dkstories] Dan, the new Oracle

Dan,

It is so scary on how you seem to see things. One thing you mentioned in the DO stories is so accurate, that I just couldn't help pointing this out.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060511/ap_on_...sh_bush_bush_10

The above article on Yahoo news today is mentioning about having Jeb Bush run for president. It isn't bad enough with the damage that the two present one's have done, I know this country can't survive if this happens and a third one gets in this office. This is a scary time indeed. :angry:

Jojoe

Dan has a story for purchase (WELL WORTH IT!) called "Shaper's Chronicles" (which used to be called "Mists of Fate") that has something of an even more oracle-like twist. In it, Dan clearly indicates that the current president Bush won a second term. It's not critical to the plot, but there it is, stated as fact. What's absolutely bizarre about it is that I know for a fact that he wrote that long before said event occurred!!!!

This begs the question: why take such a literary risk (of being wrong) unless you know the outcome in advance?

I have my own theories about how Dan does things like this.... Dan has, after all, admitted that in some ways Davey is based on himself... Ummm, hey, Trebs? Have you ever wondered why, exactly, Dan has a huge thing that looks like an MRI scanner wrapped up and stored in the garage? 0:)

Edited by C James
Dan has a story for purchase (WELL WORTH IT!) called "Shaper's Chronicles" (which used to be called "Mists of Fate") that has something of an even more oracle-like twist. In it, Dan clearly indicates that the current president Bush won a second term. It's not critical to the plot, but there it is, stated as fact. What's absolutely bizarre about it is that I know for a fact that he wrote that long before said event occurred!!!!

I am very much aware of Mists dba Chronicles, as I was one of the first readers of it over on Dave's site a LONG (it seems) time ago. About one of my all time favorites. I made a point of it back then and he is still suprising me now. My only complaint is that he can't write as fast as I read, and I can read a lot! As you can imagine I was REALLY disapointed when there was a um... pause in his output. :whistle:

Jojoe

It's real easy to predict the future...all you have to do is look at current events, past events, historical trends, cultural cycles, and predict the most horrible things possible.

People always remember the bad things, so when one of those comes true...that's what they remember.

I am very much aware of Mists dba Chronicles, as I was one of the first readers of it over on Dave's site a LONG (it seems) time ago. About one of my all time favorites. I made a point of it back then and he is still suprising me now. My only complaint is that he can't write as fast as I read, and I can read a lot! As you can imagine I was REALLY disapointed when there was a um... pause in his output. :whistle:

ROFL! I know what you mean! I was otherwise occupied during much of the pause, so it didn't affect me as much. One thing that bothered me a lot, though, was one post Dan made on his blog during that time, where he remarked that people seemed to have abandoned his forums and his blog due to the pause. I felt that was very sad indeed that people would do that. I think it was that post, more than anything else, that motivated me to actually register and start posting once I was mainly over what was otherwise occupying me (injuries and health problems, now largely a thing of the past).

So, I guess Dan is therefor directly to blame for me being here to infest his forums.. :devil:

As for Dan's writing speed.. Hmmm... I think I could be happy with a mere two or three chapters....

per day! :lmao:

It's real easy to predict the future...all you have to do is look at current events, past events, historical trends, cultural cycles, and predict the most horrible things possible.

People always remember the bad things, so when one of those comes true...that's what they remember.

That's not quite true, because if it were, you would have been predicting ME as President! :devil:

(hhhhmmmm, what a nice oval office... but what is that pretty red button? And why does it keep telling me to push it?)

Hmmmm... I note that Dan does not deny my implication regarding the large MRI-type device... :P:P:P

tsk tsk tsk danny boy... dannie... danny... davey... hrm... :o lol....

Lets see... if Dan were a time traveler.... (clearly in this timeline he didnt go to the government..... OR DID HE!?) we know he worked for the govt... or at least a branch of it... dun dun dun!

I think we should look into the possibility of dan being a time traveler...

Dont worry dan! i'll keep your secret, as soon as you give me the numbers for the next GIGANTIC mega millions jackpot....

I know you got it in that noggin somewhere... Think hard for me danny... i know it's back there around 100 years ago, but THINK!!!!

Clearly since it's the year 2006 dan hasnt went back in time again.... YET :o i volunteer to go back in time... got so many things to change.... Damned story made me think about it.... unfortunately for the world i can only go back to the year 1998 (safely)... thats not so bad tho... cause thats about the time my life started going to shit!

The biggest choice for me would be.... which mega millions jackpot do i memorize :o

I'm sure i can get an OK to do it by my handlers... after all, you cant go back in time and make a big difference without big money..... It's what makes the world go round after all...

(YES.... unfortuantely due to Dan's story i have thought and re-thought over scanerios regarding if I were to go back in time.... pathetic I know.

SAFTEY NOT GARUNTEED!!!!

http://timetraveler.ytmnd.com/ (This is a REAL pic of Dan...... JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

http://www.comcast.net/news/strange/index....&cvqh=itn_chiro

I like the music....

tsk tsk tsk danny boy... dannie... danny... davey... hrm... :o lol....

Lets see... if Dan were a time traveler.... (clearly in this timeline he didnt go to the government..... OR DID HE!?) we know he worked for the govt... or at least a branch of it... dun dun dun!

I think we should look into the possibility of dan being a time traveler...

YES!!!!!!!!!! Our very lives depend on it! Don't forget, if he goes back again, this timeline, and all of us in it, cease to exist!

Trebs? Oh Trebs? Could you please investigate that big thing that looks like an MRI scanner that Dan keeps hidden in the garage? Perhaps you could, um, accidentally misplace the temporal targeting device? Oh, and you might want to look into buying birthday cake candles in lots of 250 so that you have enough for his next birthday cake... And you will need a special permit from the fire department, too.... 0:)

http://timetraveler.ytmnd.com/ (This is a REAL pic of Dan...... JK JK JK JK JK JK JK JK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Hmmmmm.... VERY interesting... Because THIS actually is a real picture of Dan (that's him on the right, the link is to a pic from his blog, back on the first page)... I see a strong resemblance, especially the blond hair!

Of course, I'm sure Dan will deny this... To heck with keeping the time travel secret, it's the fact that he used to wear an outrageous mullet (in the timetraveler add pic) that I'm sure he most wants to keep secret! 0:)0:)0:)0:)0:)

My mullet was not that bad. Try about half that size in the front...

ROFLMAO!!!!

in other words... i dont deny i had a mullett.... or the fact that i posted this add.... :o !

In a future timeline, I'm going to be tracking Brax down and teaching him how to dress properly... :)

Now that's a very worthy cause! :devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

Of course, this begs the question: why didn't you do it already, in a previous one? 0:)

In a future timeline, I'm going to be tracking Brax down and teaching him how to dress properly... :)

Does this mean Jarred will be moving from Utah to South Georgia in the next book?

roflmao oh my! that would be worth some of those baseball pants... black, white or gray danny bo

White

My guess would've been Maroon :2thumbs: but maybe that is Jimmy's favorite color instead :unsure:

Honey - don't we go through south Georgia on July 9th when we drive from North Carolina to Orlando?
Hot diggity! You are headed to my neck o' th' woods now! Come on down B) in the hottest part of the summer I might add...

We're taking my sister and her family (husband, 2 kids) to Disney World for a week. Flying from Sacramento to Raleigh North Carolina on Saturday the 8th. Driving from there to Orlando on the 9th. Coming back up that Saturday and flying home :)

Should be a lot of fun.

We're taking my sister and her family (husband, 2 kids) to Disney World for a week. Flying from Sacramento to Raleigh North Carolina on Saturday the 8th. Driving from there to Orlando on the 9th. Coming back up that Saturday and flying home

Gas is cheaper in South Carolina and Georgia than it is in North Carolina and Florida so plan your gas stops accordingly!

suppose i should order dans book b4 then then :P or maybe 3 books... so i can have them signed

Think we could ambush 'm at an I-95 rest stop along the way? How about the one southbound at Brunswick or the Florida Welcome Center?

Gas is cheaper in South Carolina and Georgia than it is in North Carolina and Florida so plan your gas stops accordingly!

Think we could ambush 'm at an I-95 rest stop along the way? How about the one southbound at Brunswick or the FLorida Welcome Center?

:o:o:o

Tomorrow when we're driving past that rest stop and into Jacksonville I'll think of dkstories :)

We're taking my sister and her family (husband, 2 kids) to Disney World for a week. Flying from Sacramento to Raleigh North Carolina on Saturday the 8th. Driving from there to Orlando on the 9th. Coming back up that Saturday and flying home :)

Should be a lot of fun.

Dan and Trebs are going to visit Florida? Uhoh... All those poor, innocent Floridians! This will probable make them long for last year, when all they had to worry about regarding unruly visitors were Wilma and Katrina.

Have they started evacuating yet???? 0:)

Are those Florida State ballplayers going to be around...their pictures are yummy!

They're gone that week... visiting... California - ya, that's it. No baseball players in Florida that week - I checked...