The Drop in Centre

On 5/20/2024 at 10:32 AM, Mikiesboy said:

It moved twice as far this morning ... we left earlier because it's gonna be in the 80's for the next few days. I'm tired but still have to wash the kitchen floor.  @kbois i found the steamer in it's box ... gonna try using that on this very old tile floor. It has no finish. I think we may need to get that redone. It's a pain to try and get clean.

No idea if it would work on floors, but Gram used to use Jubilee kitchen wax to clean/shine tiles on the back splash that previous owner of the house scrubbed the shine off. Be careful tho if you try it. Might make floors slippery!

• Like 4
29 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Actually, the problem is that momma thinks it is ok to let the mare say no and move away. Each time she let's the animal say no it gets worse. If she would just LISTEN to me, or the barn manager where she boards, rewards good behavior like moving further into trailer, and does not allow backing away, horses learn pretty quickly getting on is a good thing.

But no, she knows better, let's the horse back out, croons to her and gives treats "to calm her" then let's her graze befor trying again. <SMH>

So the horse is training the owner?  :gikkle:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
3 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Happy Tuesday...

image.png.4abb433163e2bbe9dfac47d1833b3f7c.png

But mostly, Happy International Tea Day! We drink both hot and iced tea (no sugar in either). It is the go-to answer for many in the world. Don't forget: Keep calm and put the kettle on! It's the first thing many do if things are going right or wrong: Have a cup of tea. I'm having one right now. Enjoy!

image.png.8c36b9a8646c4c65ef7080d6a353a092.png

I like tea.  Tea with local honey is what I'm allowed to take since cold and allergy medicines mess with my heart.  I went to a bridal shower tea a month ago and had some really nice peppermint tea after eating and it was so nice.  

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Happy Tuesday...

image.png.4abb433163e2bbe9dfac47d1833b3f7c.png

But mostly, Happy International Tea Day! We drink both hot and iced tea (no sugar in either). It is the go-to answer for many in the world. Don't forget: Keep calm and put the kettle on! It's the first thing many do if things are going right or wrong: Have a cup of tea. I'm having one right now. Enjoy!

image.png.8c36b9a8646c4c65ef7080d6a353a092.png

in the afternoon i sometimes have a mug of Yorkshire tea, with agave nectar, i like it sweet. i steep it about 4 minutes. the length of time to get from the break room to my desk.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

On the tea topic I have many many kinds.  I like both hot and iced and black tea as well as herbal/tisane teas.  

I have about 16 kinds right now. My current faves are a vanilla hazelnut black tea and a strawberry orange herbal tea. 

• Love 5
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Starrynight22 said:

I have about 16 kinds right now. My current faves are a vanilla hazelnut black tea and a strawberry orange herbal tea. 

Both of these sound delicious. I’m going to look to see if I can get them where I am. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Starrynight22 said:

On the tea topic I have many many kinds.  I like both hot and iced and black tea as well as herbal/tisane teas.  

Those sound lovely. I enjoy various flavours; Michael does not, but I have several in stock. I will try the vanilla hazelnut the next time I buy some.

• Love 3

Front office person keeps a HUGE selection of teas (huge for me at least) and hot water, along with the coffee, for people to make.

A "proper" Southern tea is very sweet and always iced.

• Love 3

Sometimes, these motivational things make me laugh.  I hope Zig isn't referring to our bodies, because they really don't seem to stand up to day-to-day living and they really don't last very long.

Happy hot, humid Wednesday!  Keep cool!

image.png.da39f48d77818827391bdd826dc25867.png

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Today is Thursday! Make it a good one.  It is mercifully cool here this morning, as it was overnight. I got a good night's sleep. Have a lovely day, and remember ...

image.png.8e334de2b0291238f7d10f91e1c169db.png

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Kitt said:

Horse has been exercised, chores are done, dinner has been prepped, laundry is running,  and the sky has opened up. I think the rain right now has better water pressure/flow than my shower! I do believe I shall make a cup of tea and watch the storm.

That sounds so relaxing.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Kitt said:

Horse has been exercised, chores are done, dinner has been prepped, laundry is running,  and the sky has opened up. I think the rain right now has better water pressure/flow than my shower! I do believe I shall make a cup of tea and watch the storm.

love this!!

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..