The Drop in Centre

1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

Normally, I’d say yum to pancakes, but sadly, I am not a fan of sweet potatoes. 

They do look good, I must say, and I’m glad you all enjoyed them. 

You can use squash, I'd suggest butternut or pumpkin or banana instead.

• Love 2
  • Site Moderator
21 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

You can squash, I'd suggest butternut or pumpkin or banana instead.

Pumpkin or banana sounds good to me. 😊

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

Pumpkin or banana sounds good to me. 😊

We tried them with bananas but preferred sweet potatoes because they have more body and a nicer texture. It would probably be the same with pumpkin, but lots of people seemed to like bananas, too. 

They are good for GF people and diabetics. Oats, sweet potatoes, and pumpkin provide more fibre and complex carbohydrates, while cottage cheese provides more protein. And they are good for skinny boys and girls like me who want a pancake fix!  LOL

• Love 3
  • Site Moderator
5 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

We tried them with bananas but preferred sweet potatoes because they have more body and a nicer texture. It would probably be the same with pumpkin, but lots of people seemed to like bananas, too. 

They are good for GF people and diabetics. Oats, sweet potatoes, and pumpkin provide more fibre and complex carbohydrates, while cottage cheese provides more protein. And they are good for skinny boys and girls like me who want a pancake fix!  LOL

Sounds good. I really like oatmeal, so I’m going to try this one. 

https://amyshealthybaking.com/blog/2019/02/20/healthy-blueberry-oatmeal-pancakes/

I’ve made some of Amy’s oatmeal recipes and they’re really good, so I’m thinking this one will be as well. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Sounds good. I really like oatmeal, so I’m going to try this one. 

https://amyshealthybaking.com/blog/2019/02/20/healthy-blueberry-oatmeal-pancakes/

I’ve made some of Amy’s oatmeal recipes and they’re really good, so I’m thinking this one will be as well. 

They probably are, but that's a large amount of ingredients just for pancakes, at least for me. I'd make a cake with all of those, but for breakfast, no.  

The blueberry lemon cake recipe you gave me has fewer ingredients. I made it yesterday, and it is super delicious. I will make it again using oranges and cranberries.

• Love 1
  • Site Moderator
29 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

The blueberry lemon cake recipe you gave me has fewer ingredients. I made it yesterday, and it is super delicious. I will make it again using oranges and cranberries.

Glad you liked it, and the new fruit combo sounds good, too.

• Love 1

It's been a rough few days. This about sums it up for me:

images.jpeg.533aa462b1e04bfec3cb3b7ccecc9840.jpeg

• Love 5

It is Wednesday and also World Donkey Day.  If you can spare them a thought or send a rescue a $1, these animals deserve our praise and thanks. They've been our companions, done our work and protected our flocks for thousands of years.

The poem below is by Walter de la Mare

image.png.5797cf2e6654b8b3fde4b48fc40c40e6.png

image.png.6b740fe78b658359457947531ef81768.png

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

It is Wednesday and also World Donkey Day.  If you can spare them a thought or send a rescue a $1, these animals deserve our praise and thanks. They've been our companions, done our work and protected our flocks for thousands of years.

The poem below is by Walter de la Mare

image.png.5797cf2e6654b8b3fde4b48fc40c40e6.png

image.png.6b740fe78b658359457947531ef81768.png

We have a Donkey Sanctuary charity here in the UK.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Like most other authors, I have lots of opening chapters and paragraphs written that may or may not go anywhere, but they are written down. Write your ideas, keep them, and one day, when you look them over, you may have a story.

100% this.  

• Like 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Yesterday, we attended a book launch for a book that is being published posthumously. It was a launch but also a send-off rather than a formal funeral. He and his family were friends, and it was a good way to say farewell to him. He was 96 and believed that writing could extend your life - at ninety, he decided to write a trilogy. The book launched was the 2nd of the three, and the third is written and will be published. He was a real character, a brilliant man and very funny. He would have approved.

Today is Mother's Day. To all moms, I hope it's a very nice one.

image.png.9664cdaf54b7b999790aec51adda93b1.png

That's a beautiful story, thank you for sharing!

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..