The Drop in Centre

2 minutes ago, kbois said:

It's astonishing how many people don't at least spellcheck their resume before submitting it. 

Really? That's really weird.

Sorry, you're all unwell. Hope you feel better soon.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Happy Friday, to those who celebrate.

image.png.f2cbb0c6c6eaea6bedf3e3d8c23faceb.png

Also....image.png.7319fe25e8a111b342099ff0617b09ee.png Looks like it's a good thing i reminded everyone...  image.png.1febe93954425cf626244950b7b5c6f6.png

Have a good Friday!

• Love 3
  • Haha 2
26 minutes ago, kbois said:

Happy Friday Y'all!

It's been a rollercoaster of a week. Hubs is off to urgent care again. Now it's something weird going on with back pain- but it's not muscular. We've all been battling colds too. 

I'm a couple steps closer to finally hiring someone for my front desk position. One more interview today. I've already weeded out a lot of resumes. It's astonishing how many people don't at least spellcheck their resume before submitting it. 

Hope everyone has a good day!

Sorry you're both sick. Has he has his gallbladder checked? That can cause some serious non-muscular back pain. 

I got the giggles over spell check. I live in the land where people spell how they talk. It isn't pretty. LOL

I hope everyone has a great day and weekend!

• Like 1
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, CassieQ said:

Sounds so frustrating!

Totally. The assigned ride times are one of the things I LIKE about dressage.  Hunter/Jumper shows get squirrely on timing all the time due to ring conflicts and the like. But if you know you ride at 2 and 2:15 and its an hour drive to the show you can plan your day.  Provided of course show management gets their act together!

• Like 2
  • Love 3
26 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

brisket and cornbread for dinner.

Crummy weather!  But, mmmm dinner.  Enjoy!!

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Site Moderator
Posted (edited)
On 5/4/2024 at 8:48 AM, Mikiesboy said:

Happy Saturday ...

image.png.36d6ea5f11fb56911f8e90dd9e79ecb9.png One is not enough

image.png.9dbf5b9f446e772a91402a7cd42496dd.png

Waiting on set ...

image.png.0e8a190a035ee0a6c5e3cfb896d6e12c.png

Have a good and fun/busy/relaxing day ...  

:heart: :heart: :heart: this one!

and, yes, it’s a coincide (you know what I’m talking about, tim), because I’m seeing this for the first time, today. :D 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

good morning!

Phil was supposed to be taking part in His employers annual "Olympics" entering the brisket cook off with His buddy this weekend. the event was postponed due to inclement weather. so, they set up the smoker in our driveway and smoked briskets anyway. today He will slice ours and i will vacuum seal it for the freezer. tonight, brisket and cornbread for dinner.

hope everyone is doing well.

Yum! What time is supper? I'll bring the cobbler! You can't even tell it's sugar free!

• Love 1
  • Haha 4
41 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Happy Monday. It may be only me, but we have the same weekly days. Like over and over again, it's very repetitive or seems like it is to me.

image.png.2c88cff5e4b84744ff7d18c97ba37e07.png

I hope that you all have a great week!

sometimes it feels like someone just keeps re-winding. stuff just happens over and over and over again.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

Happy Monday. It may be only me, but we have the same weekly days. Like over and over again, it's very repetitive or seems like it is to me.

image.png.2c88cff5e4b84744ff7d18c97ba37e07.png

I hope that you all have a great week!

I actually really like this quote.  I spend too much energy on stupid stuff I can't change.  

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

sometimes it feels like someone just keeps re-winding. stuff just happens over and over and over again.

Sounds like Groundhog day.  Maybe we all need to do a little something to break the habit.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, CassieQ said:

I actually really like this quote.  I spend too much energy on stupid stuff I can't change.  

i do as well, or worry about things or make up scenarios that are never right.

So, how do we stop these less than helpful processes?  Or at least snap ourselves out of them?

• Like 1
  • Love 2

i do as well, or worry about things or make up scenarios that are never right.

So, how do we stop these less than helpful processes?  Or at least snap ourselves out of them?

i'm open to more suggestions on that. my therapist gave me a bag of really sour candy to help stop the intrusive panic attack thoughts. that helps some. 

• Love 3
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mollyhousemouse said:

i'm open to more suggestions on that. my therapist gave me a bag of really sour candy to help stop the intrusive panic attack thoughts. that helps some. 

That made me shudder... probably why it works. 

This isn't that exciting but i've found that telling people helps. In my case it's usually Michael or Dan as they are closest to me. i've been able to find my way out of the rabbit hole. Also, i'm sort of (finally) learning that some subjects i shouldn't talk about. If i can feel something starting, i'll excuse myself from the conversation.  That works too.

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, mollyhousemouse said:

I found that sitting back and making a plan for the "What if's" let's me relax and move forward. I only allow myself to do it for reasonable possibilities like a horse being injured at a show. The far fetched ideas that pop into my head get "punt" as the plan. 

For example, last fall we had a hurricane eventually postpone the big year end show I had 8 horses booked to transport. Plan A, load on schedule, but include cinder blocks to weigh down the pop up awning and extra rain gear.  Plan B be prepared to keep horses in trailer when not competing if it's too nasty to use tents. Plan C I take responsibility to say no travel due to the weather.

Funny thing, when I told plan c to the show coordinator, 30 min later I got a call back saying whole show was postponed till the following weekend and anyone unable to attend would be credited or refunded.

Yes, I have been told had I entered the military I would have made a good general.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I made a double batch of these for dinner. The first batch is heading to the freezer. The rest we ate, along with some nice Olymel sausage that doesn't have that usual pork sausage flavour, which I don't like. We had real maple syrup.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/katie-lee/quick-oats-sweet-potato-pancakes-2718081

My pancake craving has ended...for now!!!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Site Moderator

I made a double batch of these for dinner. The first batch is heading to the freezer. The rest we ate, along with some nice Olymel sausage that doesn't have that usual pork sausage flavour, which I don't like. We had real maple syrup.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/katie-lee/quick-oats-sweet-potato-pancakes-2718081

My pancake craving has ended...for now!!!

Normally, I’d say yum to pancakes, but sadly, I am not a fan of sweet potatoes. 

They do look good, I must say, and I’m glad you all enjoyed them. 

• Like 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..