The Drop in Centre

2 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Finally saw the dentist after being rescheduled 4 times since Thursday.

Bad news I will not get the repaired teeth back till Saturday at the earliest.

Good news, no charge. They absolutely agreed that this one is on the lab, they should have outlasted the rest of my natural teeth.

Any suggestions for soft easy to eat without any molars meals?

Cheesy scrambled eggs. Stewed fruit (apples and pears poached until soft in water, cinnamon and a little splenda brown sugar).  Mashed veg like sweet potato, frenched green beans, mashed carrot.  Oatmeal or cream of wheat.  Applesauce, jello, yogurt.  Soft proteins are eggs, fish, ground meats.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

Happy Wednesday ...  i'm a bit on edge after not sleeping long enough (not because i didn't try), and i have a headache and i'm going for an extraction at the dentist in a couple of hours, so this one just isn't working for me.. but maybe it's good for one of you..

image.png.9e6d8159469c6b4a86e0b48b0f2aac7d.png

Have a good Wednesday...

sending love and hugs 

you got this.... 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Happy Wednesday ...  i'm a bit on edge after not sleeping long enough (not because i didn't try), and i have a headache and i'm going for an extraction at the dentist in a couple of hours, so this one just isn't working for me.. but maybe it's good for one of you..

image.png.9e6d8159469c6b4a86e0b48b0f2aac7d.png

Have a good Wednesday...

Hope all goes well at the dentist tim x

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Love all those foods except the eggs. I'm allergic.

Actually I gave not had a reaction in many years, but have not gotten brave enough to try a fried/scrambled/hard boiled egg. Used to react to "hidden" eggs in baked goods etc, but that stopped after Wings was born.

We bought a bunch of sweet potatoes last week, when they were $0.77 a lb... i steamed them and then froze them.   I like to make pancakes with them and some oats.. and eggs.   I'll be eating some this week, i think.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Gosh that was fun... i went in, Michael popped into the grocery store nearby and i was finished and waiting before He got back. He only bought a loaf of bread (so i don't have to rush to make some..but i probably will on Saturday).  The grocery store is in the same mall. 

The freezing is coming and it's starting to be a bit painful... however, i'll live.  i hope i don't have to do this anymore...

I'm glad it went smoothly. Let your guys take care of you for a bit... (or I may need to have words with them).

I hope this is the end of your tooth issues. 

❤️

• Love 3
  • Wow 1
3 hours ago, kbois said:

Quick little poll...

How many of you think it is perfectly OK to extend their stay somewhere.. i.e., a hotel or Airbnb, without making prior arrangements? I am astonished at the number of guests who ignore our check out time of 11am. 

Look.. if you need more time just come to the office and talk to us. In most cases I can give you a few extra hours. But don't just assume you can leave whenever it strikes your fancy because guess what? 

You now have an extended check out charge, or if you're not gone by the time I am at the end of the day then you'll be charged an entire extra night. 

What is wrong with people?

That's just not OK.  At least talk to the people at the front office - they might have something available, especially if you're flexible and willing to change rooms.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, kbois said:

Quick little poll...

How many of you think it is perfectly OK to extend their stay somewhere.. i.e., a hotel or Airbnb, without making prior arrangements? I am astonished at the number of guests who ignore our check out time of 11am. 

Look.. if you need more time just come to the office and talk to us. In most cases I can give you a few extra hours. But don't just assume you can leave whenever it strikes your fancy because guess what? 

You now have an extended check out charge, or if you're not gone by the time I am at the end of the day then you'll be charged an entire extra night. 

What is wrong with people?

What if the next guests arrive to move into that space?  That's not okay, you should inquire as to whether that's an option for you, not just assume you can stay longer.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, kbois said:

I'm glad it went smoothly. Let your guys take care of you for a bit... (or I may need to have words with them).

I hope this is the end of your tooth issues. 

❤️

haha, you can have words with them..lol  Not sure what good it would do.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
6 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

How about if she has a word with Mike's mom? Bet that would put an interesting twist on the situation!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 2
Posted (edited)

Here's today's ... sadly i have a burning desire only to do nothing... Lol

Happy Thursday!

image.png.adb6bae5b74dbda8b28f9b3619f01020.png

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, kbois said:

Let your guys take care of you for a bit... (or I may need to have words with them).

You need to have a word with me?   

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, Kitt said:

How about if she has a word with Mike's mom? Bet that would put an interesting twist on the situation!

Is there a situation?  Perhaps I've missed something. 

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

What if the next guests arrive to move into that space?  That's not okay, you should inquire as to whether that's an option for you, not just assume you can stay longer.

38 minutes ago, Kitt said:

While there is nothing wrong with wanting to extend your stay, there is a right way and a wrong way to do it.  Go to the desk and ASK. Most hotels, motels and camp grounds will be glad to juggle things, provided you are polite! 

I think that's the biggest thing. People have forgotten basic manners.

This time of year I have no problem letting people stay a few extra hours as it's our slow season... provided they come up and freaking ask! 

Common sense has gone the way of the dinosaur.

47 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

It's a good thing they are taking good care of you and we won't have to find out. 

40 minutes ago, Kitt said:

I will keep this suggestion for future reference. Thanks!

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

You need to have a word with me?   

Nope.. you lucked out. I heard that you and Dan were taking good care of tim after his tooth extraction. I knew you would. 

(But if you didn't then we would be having a moment lol)

• Love 3
Just now, kbois said:

Nope.. you lucked out. I heard that you and Dan were taking good care of tim after his tooth extraction. I knew you would. 

(But if you didn't then we would be having a moment lol)

Would we? 

Have a good day. 

• Love 2
Just now, MichaelS36 said:

Would we? 

Have a good day. 

We would. 

You have a good day too!

• Love 2
  • Wow 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..