The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

15 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

I considered getting this card for you but it wasn't seemly. I know it not polite to discuss a lady's age. 

image.png.baab46665298f58fbcc80468befccde7.png

Ummmm..... thanks??

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Love 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, kbois said:

Ummmm..... thanks??

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Happy Birthday.. You deserve a wonderful day filled with fun, food and flowers. 

• Love 3

3 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

Happy Birthday.. You deserve a wonderful day filled with fun, food and flowers. 

Thank you! (For real)

• Love 2

On 7/12/2024 at 10:07 AM, chris191070 said:

5 more days in work, then 6 weeks off.

I didn't realize the UK school system went so late.  Our new school year starts Aug 15

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Starrynight22 said:

I didn't realize the UK school system went so late.  Our new school year starts Aug 15

Yeah, we break up July 19 and start back Sept 2.

• Love 2

High of 102 today.  Went outside and felt like I walked into an oven.  

• Love 1
  • Wow 4

7 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Happy Tuesday 

Have a good day everyone 

Good morning, chris!! 

Good morning, all! Happy Tuesday. This is a good one. We tell our kids we're proud of them and our friends and spouses/partners, but we rarely tell ourselves. It's time to start!

image.png.5ad8104de4c84f3a15975a34225b659b.png

If you're tired of salads and sandwiches on these hot days and want something quick to make... this is fast and very good:

https://www.acouplecooks.com/chicken-and-rice-recipe/?utm_source=convertkit&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=A+few+fun+chicken+dinners!+-+7102320

Serve it with lots of your favourite veggies and/or salad.

• Love 3

Holy Weather, Batman! We had 96mm of rain today, the monthly norm is 71mm.  Get your kayaks; we have some paddling to do!

• Haha 3
  • Wow 2

5 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Ok, silly question time!

Boarder comes into barn @ 5 am to ride befor it gets too hot. Find a smoke detector ringing, but no smoke, no extra heat, no visible flame.

Should she 

A) call 911

B ) bang on house trailer door and roust the barn hand to investigate

C) call the barn owner who also lives on the property

Or.

D) call the lady that used to handle these things but no longer works for the place, and lives an hour drive from the barn

I am sure you all have deduced she chose option D

🤦‍♂️ You are not alone @Kitt

The mindlessness of people today is astounding. Last week we had a tenant call in to report that she smelled gas in her apartment ( it's a 4 plex conversion from a large house.)  She goes on and on and on with this long story about how the plumber who had worked on the water heater a few days earlier had obviously caused the leak. She was on a mission to complain about the plumber and was not going to be interrupted.  The person who took the call finally ended up screaming into the phone "hang up, get outside, and call 911" to get her to shut up and evacuate the apartment. Luckily it was a false alarm and there was no gas leak, but still, the lack of common sense is just unbelievable. 

• Wow 5

Idiocy update.

Seems the barn hand changed the batteries in all the detectors last night, and the unit in question started to intermittently freak out.  Has happened to us befor. Dust happens big time in a barn, and if you disturb it while changing batteries it freaks the little electronic brain out. A good cleaning with a can of compressed air solves the issue usually, with an occasional replacement of the unit sometimes needed. When I ran maintenance, I used to give the hands the compressed air with the new batteries and instructions to clean them in the process.

One would think common sense would have dictated further maintenance last night or at least removing the battery till time allowed.

SMH

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, 1brokNangel said:

Happy Wednesday hope everyone has a wonderful day 

Happy Wednesday to you too!

I had to post my chapter and dash out to have blood work etc., done. Then we walked over and had breakfast. Since my men are both trying to improve their health, i joined Danny in the Keto Scrambler, which i must say i enjoyed A LOT!  Salad at breakfast isn't a bad thing. Yum.

So, since we're making changes around my house, the Universe sent me this:

image.png.d8d703bc28c05a80341a426e0d65a9e3.png

As @1brokNangel said earlier, have a terrific day!

• Love 5

After taking well over 50 trips around the sun, I still am gobsmacked when it comes to the sheer idiocy of humanity.

My new job is big on continuing education... however, when I'm forced to take a six week course on the "neuroscience of communication", I can't help but roll my eyes. 

It's now roughly 10 hours of my life I will never get back because people no longer possess one thing... common sense. 

I'm not sure how much hope there is for future generations... but it's looking pretty bleak at the moment.

Hopefully y'all have a good second half of the week!

• Love 3
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, kbois said:

After taking well over 50 trips around the sun, I still am gobsmacked when it comes to the sheer idiocy of humanity.

My new job is big on continuing education... however, when I'm forced to take a six week course on the "neuroscience of communication", I can't help but roll my eyes. 

It's now roughly 10 hours of my life I will never get back because people no longer possess one thing... common sense. 

I'm not sure how much hope there is for future generations... but it's looking pretty bleak at the moment.

Oh I will, 2 more days of work and then 6 weeks off.

• Love 4

• Site Moderator
3 hours ago, kbois said:

Hopefully, for you as well. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..