The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

7 hours ago, kbois said:

I've evacuated from our condo which is on a canal adjacent to Tampa Bay. I'm staying with family and they are far enough inland that storm surge won't be an issue. The storm is supposed to lose steam as it approaches the coast, down to a category 3... which is still pretty significant from a wind standpoint. 

I doubt I'll be sleeping tonight. 

We have plenty of water and food. My brother has a generator and we have gas. 

I'm as safe as I can be under the circumstances. 

I'm so relieved that you evacuated inland.  Regardless of wind speed, this is a monster storm. I hope others will heed the warnings and evacuate as well. Touch base when you can. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

39 minutes ago, kbois said:

Just a quick update. It's raining and very breezy right now. The storm is now slightly south, which is better, but still not great. 

Hopefully I won't get the flooding from storm surge at my home. I'm more concerned about broken windows. There was still a ton of debris that hadn't been collected all over my neighborhood. 

I'm as safe as I can be. Fingers crossed the storm slided a little bit further south. 

sending you all the positive thoughts and vibes we can xoxxo

• Love 5

32 minutes ago, A Pal said:

St. Pete, Florida here. Lots of water blowing all directions, including straight up, all at once. Winds aren’t as bad (yet) as I feared.  But the peak action is late tonight through tomorrow morning.  I’m with friends and my dog, lots of food and drink, water and electricity and surrounded by concrete and steel. 

🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🤟🏻🤟🏻🤟🏻🤟🏻🫶🏻🫶🏻🫶🏻🫶🏻🫶🏻

Good luck and stay safe!

These winds are starting to pick up pretty good. I'm about 15 miles south of you. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Fingers Crossed 1

11 minutes ago, kbois said:

Good luck and stay safe!

These winds are starting to pick up pretty good. I'm about 15 miles south of you. 

Stay Safe x

• Like 1
  • Love 4

45 minutes ago, A Pal said:

St. Pete, Florida here. Lots of water blowing all directions, including straight up, all at once. Winds aren’t as bad (yet) as I feared.  But the peak action is late tonight through tomorrow morning.  I’m with friends and my dog, lots of food and drink, water and electricity and surrounded by concrete and steel. 

🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🤟🏻🤟🏻🤟🏻🤟🏻🫶🏻🫶🏻🫶🏻🫶🏻🫶🏻

Stay Safe x

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Fingers Crossed 1

2 minutes ago, kbois said:

Weathered the storm ok. No damage to where I'm staying. 

My work is another story. One home totally destroyed and two RVs flipped onto their sides. Lots of branches down as well as a few huge trees. Everyone is safe though. 

I'm on vacation next Wednesday so I'll probably be working straight through until then. 

I'll try to make it up to my place later this afternoon. 

I hope everyone else down here is doing ok. 

You have no idea how happy I am to hear you are well!!!!!! I've been watching news last night...actually, the impact happened early in the morning CET. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

10 minutes ago, kbois said:

Weathered the storm ok. No damage to where I'm staying. 

My work is another story. One home totally destroyed and two RVs flipped onto their sides. Lots of branches down as well as a few huge trees. Everyone is safe though. 

I'm on vacation next Wednesday so I'll probably be working straight through until then. 

I'll try to make it up to my place later this afternoon. 

I hope everyone else down here is doing ok. 

Glad to here you are safe x

• Like 1
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, kbois said:

Hi y'all!

Still no power, but I didn't expect it to be. Was at my work today doing assessments and getting in touch with my contractors for clean up stuff. 

Biggest problem is we had 4 RVs that either tipped over or shifted on top of their water hook up and destroyed it. Luckily our plumbing company was able to come out today and cap the lines. It's a stop-gap for now but until we get bids and all that fun stuff, there's not much else I can do. 

My SIL is starting to get on my nerves, but I'm tolerating my brother fairly well. He just rambles on and on and on and on..... 🤦‍♀️. It could be a lot worse. 

Lack of gas available is an issue too. I'm down to a 1/4 tank and there aren't any open stations near here. I'm thankful it's only 5 minutes to my work. 

We lucked out and the weather has been beautiful. No high humidity with low 80s during the day and upper 60s at night so sleeping is an attainable goal. Usually after hurricanes it's humid AF and hotter than hell. 

The power outages in my area where I live has gone from just under 600K to 515K. Some progress is better than none!

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Glad to here all is good x

• Love 4

1 hour ago, Gary L said:

Not cheap!! But in the long run prob economical.  Shame about the trees. At my school we lost 7 pine trees in the playground thanks to wind in a day. Their roots run really shallow, like my ex boss!

Just curious are your dogs calming down yet?

• Like 3

I REALLY don't understand people at all!  

At a riding clinic today. Expensive buy in for my clients, but we figured the added knowledge the trainer and I walked away with in addition to the riders would be worth it.

The lady "teaching" has not actually taught the riders anything, just pointed at an obstacle and said do it, try again etc. So far no advice on HOW to do it. If I was paying these prices, I would be livid.

Gig was advertised as "lunch included". Dude pulls up and delivers 3 plain pizzas. One slice each for the 12 riders, everyone else can buy a slice. Ok, 3 pies x 8 slices per pie, 24 slices total. So 12 for the riders, 2 for the 2 "teachers", leaving 10 slices for the 5 trainers, several trailer drivers, and assorted siblings to buy. Thankfully I pack our lunches. Today we have cold fried chicken, grapes, garlic basil cheddar cheese and crackers.

YES, I believe in comfort when traveling. You should see me camping!

Then we have one lady walking around in shorts, a short sleeve.shirt, hat scarf and a down vest! It's 72*. Umm...you might be warmer if you cover your arms and legs! 

WTF is she going to do when it gets cold???

Edited by Kitt
  • Wow 5