The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

13 hours ago, Kitt said:

I REALLY don't understand people at all!  

The E.T.'s that observed us have come to the same conclusion.Why do you think we haven't been visited by intelligent life yet?

Edited by weinerdog
  • Love 1
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, weinerdog said:

The E.T.'s that observed us have come to the same conclusion.Why do you think we haven't been visited by intelligent life yet?

Umm...BECAUSE they are intelligent?

• Haha 3
  • Wow 2

14 hours ago, kbois said:

I moved locations as my patience was stretched about as far as it could be with staying at my brother's. I'm very grateful he gave us a place to stay, but he and his wife are difficult people to spend more than a few hours with on a good day. Lol. 

I am now at the RV park that I work at and staying in what we call a "park model". It's basically a shorter version of a single wide mobile home. There was no power, but it was still preferable to my brother's, even though the power came back on at his house. I'd rather sweat in peace and quiet than deal with negative vibes all the time. Namaste. 

I was able to use the propane stove at my coworker's RV and made a huge batch of spaghetti. I added the last of the chicken I made right before the storm hit (generator kept the fridge going). I think we ended up feeding 6 or 8 people tonight. 

Lo and behold... the power came back on in the park!

Then went out....

Then came back on!!

Then went out... 

Now waiting for it to kick in again  which it should soon. At least we know they're working on the lines. 

I saw the best summary of this past week:

To my fellow Manatee County residents who may have lost track, today is Blursday, the fortileventh of Septober.

Keep your fingers crossed that the third time is a charm and the power comes back and stays on!

Hoping today is a bit better for you all xxxxx

• Love 4

1 hour ago, kbois said:

It is. I have power where I'm staying but not at home yet. 

I'm just feeling a bit lazy and sluggish though. 

Thanks! 

You've had a few rounds with mother nature. Cut yourself a bit of slack and chill if you're able.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

27 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadians. I've been cooking things over the last couple of days to make today easier—and what is easier than a pre-stuffed butterball turkey for those who like to indulge?

Enjoy your day and dinner with family and friends. If you can, consider donating to a food charity or one of your favourites.

I'm grateful for my family and you lot every day. xoxo

image.png.18652b2c5d7b92eb835e0d3e38a4ed63.png

Have a great day x

• Love 5

9 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Good morning! It is Squirrel Awareness Month, so watch out for our cute little rodents! We saw a lovely little red squirrel the other night when we were out for a walk. They are typically not found in our cities but in more forested areas.

image.png.685c61389736b94425995ec72e596c39.png

I love squirrels I've raised 2, they play like like kittens.

• Love 4
  • Wow 1

5 hours ago, 1brokNangel said:

I love squirrels I've raised 2, they play like like kittens.

Unfortunately, they are not popular with my sister’s dogs who spend hours on guard duty waiting for a grey squirrel to attempt to get past “anti-squirrel device” on bird feeder…. All hell breaks out! 

As vermin, in the past you could get a reward from the police for producing the grey squirrel tails in a police station. Sadly, v hard to see a splendid red squirrel now in uk.  

• Sad 2