The Drop in Centre

6 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Never seen that. What's it about?

It's a fictional Norwegian island .. where very odd things happen.Things appear calm on the surface; a string of violent and increasingly strange deaths, one of which is due to an exotic parasite that has survived in the ice for thousands of years, slowly exact a toll on the quiet international community where almost everyone appears to be keeping at least one secret. ( that's from Wiki)

If you're going to watch, watch from series one.  It's mad, but well made and acted.  But weird. LIke Twin Peaks on steriods weird.

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 3
Just now, Mikiesboy said:

It's a fictional Norwegian island .. where very odd things happen.Things appear calm on the surface; a string of violent and increasingly strange deaths, one of which is due to an exotic parasite that has survived in the ice for thousands of years, slowly exact a toll on the quiet international community where almost everyone appears to be keeping at least one secret. ( that's from Wiki)

Sounds intriguing. I will look for it.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Mikiesboy said:

If you're going to watch, watch from series one.  It's mad, but well made and acted.  But weird. LIke Twin Peaks on steriods weird.

Well, if it takes place in (fictional) Norway, clearly this is something I ought to know about. And I like weird. I may check it out. :) 

• Like 3

Okay, just watched a trailer, and why haven't I heard of this before??? It looks awesome! And I saw Christopher Eccleston and Michael Gambon in that trailer! What?? Also, the island isn't fictional, it's Svarlbard, but the town is. :) 

• Like 4
14 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Okay, just watched a trailer, and why haven't I heard of this before??? It looks awesome! And I saw Christopher Eccleston and Michael Gambon in that trailer! What?? Also, the island isn't fictional, it's Svarlbard, but the town is. :) 

Enjoy the weirdness .. we love it.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

hello

i've been away but am coming back

hope everyone is doing well

yes doing well thanks.. hope you are too

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator

I’m going to read for a bit. Have a good night everyone if I don’t see you later.... :) 

Oops, made this post a while ago, but forgot to press submit. Must have had a “senior’s” moment.

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Site Moderator
Just now, Mikiesboy said:

Just trying to learn the new microwave ... much diff than the old one.. LOL

Don’t they get more high tech as the years go by? Mine is original to my place, so 15+ years, which means it’s nice and simple - not that the builder would have installed fancy ones, mind you. 

• Like 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..