The Drop in Centre

4 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

I think you're one of the strongest people I know, tim. I hope you realise how much I respect and appreciate you.

right now thorn.. i do not feel strong .. i feel sad, heartbroken and fuck i dont know what ... i am tired of being strong, you know?   I get really tired of it.  sometimes i wish i'd just get thinner and thinner until i just dissolve..

• Sad 2
1 minute ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Don't sell yourself short. We all have our own strength. :hug: 

I'm gonna try and assume a horizontal position and make things dark and hopefully do that sleeping thigh all the kids rave about these days. Goodnight, DiC! Glad you're here, @Mikiesboy. Missed you today. :hug: 

thorn is right... we dont know how strong we are until we need to be ...

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Mikiesboy said:

right now thorn.. i do not feel strong .. i feel sad, heartbroken and fuck i dont know what ... i am tired of being strong, you know?   I get really tired of it.  sometimes i wish i'd just get thinner and thinner until i just dissolve..

Please don't do that. I'd miss you terribly. I do know the feeling. It's exhausting sometimes, just living. I can only hope that the knowledge that we love you and appreciate you can be some comfort to you. :heart: 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Please don't do that. I'd miss you terribly. I do know the feeling. It's exhausting sometimes, just living. I can only hope that the knowledge that we love you and appreciate you can be some comfort to you. :heart: 

means a lot my friends here ... i'm seeing my shrink tomorrow.. he knows me well... it'll help

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

I agree with Thorn. I would miss my Brother an awfully lot.

4 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

means a lot my friends here ... i'm seeing my shrink tomorrow.. he knows me well... it'll help

Good. I'm glad you're going to see him.

• Love 2

Friendship—what does it mean?
Does it mean we should accept anything?
Turn our heads and look the other way
if a friend does wrong in your eyes?

I’m not sure I can balance that
or wear a willing blindfold.
Should I have the courage of my convictions
and say goodbye?

needs some work... 

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Friendship—what does it mean?
Does it mean we should accept anything?
Turn our heads and look the other way
if a friend does wrong in your eyes?

I’m not sure I can balance that
or wear a willing blindfold.
Should I have the courage of my convictions
and say goodbye?

needs some work... 

Perhaps, but it's a great start, and an important and difficult question; one I've had to ask many times myself.

Hope you're doing a little better today and that seeing your shrink will help. :hug: 

• Love 3

Daddydavek shared this article in the lounge, about the photograph Earthrise, taken on Christmas Eve 50 years ago from Apollo 8's orbit around the moon. It has the most beautiful quote in it that I thought I might share:

“To see the Earth as it truly is, small and blue and beautiful in that eternal silence where it floats, is to see ourselves as riders on the Earth together, brothers on that bright loveliness in the eternal cold – brothers who know now they are truly brothers.”

—Archibald MacLeish, New York Times, Christmas Day 1968.

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

I know the feeling well.  Just once in a while I want to be able to curl up in a ball and be held and taken care of, rather than the fixer around here.

As for dads, I cant complain too much. Mine was a grumpy, opinionated, stubborn SOB, but his head was on straight and took care of mom the way she deserved. Mom passed first and lived on a shelf in my dinning room till he passed three years later, then we made arrangements to sprinkle thier cremains around the lighthouse in the middle of the harbor here.  When bored, they would get into thier boat and go for a "put-put" as dad called it - dead slow out, once around and then back to the dock. So thats what we did, with the chaplain of their boating club saying a few words over a loud speaker. We must have had 30 boats circling that tiny light house!

• Love 4
54 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Perhaps, but it's a great start, and an important and difficult question; one I've had to ask many times myself.

Hope you're doing a little better today and that seeing your shrink will help. :hug: 

lol my shrink lets me whine and then he kicks my ass ...now.  When i first started to see him he was more careful, i guess. But he's a good doctor and we get on and he tells me the truth. So i trust him.

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Daddydavek shared this article in the lounge, about the photograph Earthrise, taken on Christmas Eve 50 years ago from Apollo 8's orbit around the moon. It has the most beautiful quote in it that I thought I might share:

it's a great quote.. very poetic ... and i've seen the picture. i'll read the article. sadly, there are not enough poets on the Earth to save it.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

I'm sorry you're hurting tim. 

I'm impressed the previous microwave made it 15 years, none of mine have made it past like 8. 

I don't have much else to add that won't bring the mood down.

Ummm. The cat is settling in well. 

yeah it's weird you know?  you think the microwave is just a constant .. i shoved something in it to reheat and the sound changed for a second or two. i said to Michael, does that sound different? Yes it does... so it kinda worked, but He decided better to just get a new one.

Starry if you need to talk, please dont hold back.

Doug!  i'm glad the newest family member with the best name ever, is just settling in. That's so nice. i like cats, just can't have one. i'd like it though.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Mikiesboy said:

lol my shrink lets me whine and then he kicks my ass ...now.  When i first started to see him he was more careful, i guess. But he's a good doctor and we get on and he tells me the truth. So i trust him.

Truth is important.  Hubby and I did marriage counciling at my insistance during a rough patch about 20 years ago, at my insistance. I let him choose the shrink.  After six months of sessions, we did an assesment, and I told her I did not see any change in the issues that were making me miserable in the first place, but I did see a difference in how I reacted to them.  She told me that was all I could expect, I should not expect him to make any changes.  I walked out and never went back.  It was a colossal waste of time because I had the wrong doc for the job.  Had she told me that first session I could have saved myself months of aggravation in keeping apointments in a busy life, and thousands of dollars!

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Kitt said:

I know the feeling well.  Just once in a while I want to be able to curl up in a ball and be held and taken care of, rather than the fixer around here.

As for dads, I cant complain too much. Mine was a grumpy, opinionated, stubborn SOB, but his head was on straight and took care of mom the way she deserved. Mom passed first and lived on a shelf in my dinning room till he passed three years later, then we made arrangements to sprinkle thier cremains around the lighthouse in the middle of the harbor here.  When bored, they would get into thier boat and go for a "put-put" as dad called it - dead slow out, once around and then back to the dock. So thats what we did, with the chaplain of their boating club saying a few words over a loud speaker. We must have had 30 boats circling that tiny light house!

that is a nice story ... i'm glad you have good memories of your father.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Truth is important.  Hubby and I did marriage counciling at my insistance during a rough patch about 20 years ago, at my insistance. I let him choose the shrink.  After six months of sessions, we did an assesment, and I told her I did not see any change in the issues that were making me miserable in the first place, but I did see a difference in how I reacted to them.  She told me that was all I could expect, I should not expect him to make any changes.  I walked out and never went back.  It was a colossal waste of time because I had the wrong doc for the job.  Had she told me that first session I could have saved myself months of aggravation in keeping apointments in a busy life, and thousands of dollars!

yeah you need to trust the doctor ... i don't need to be babied, or have my hand held, though he has on occasion done that, but i dont need it much. He tells me how it is and it works.

But with you, something must have worked, you two are still married.. still together.

• Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..