The Drop in Centre

• Site Moderator
18 hours ago, BHopper2 said:

It's not a candle, but something to light up the night.

529bd3790b1ccbff66bd0d7fab5d69dd.jpg

That’s what the ceiling of the bedroom I’m sleeping looks like with the Christmas projection lights my Dad has set up on the front lawn. They’re red and green and are projected up onto the house like a sheet. On the bedroom and living room ceilings where the projection ends they look like stars. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
Just now, MacGreg said:

Will you? In 20F weather? That's dedication, boy!

Yes, Sir.. got my long johns.. i'm ready.   That's only -3C not that cold.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1
18 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

There's a Hawaiian restaurant about 30 miles from where I live. Ever since I lived on the islands, whenever I'm sick, I immediately crave saimin. So a few days ago I drove the distance to get some. Fuck, it was good. I wish they delivered.

(wanting some now...)

That looks really damn good. So Mac, is it true Hawaii eats a lot of SPAM? The travel blogs, and shows I've seen says they do, but wasn't sure how true the statement is.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Starrynight22 said:

Not that cold?!?!?! 

Canada has clearly corrupted you lol. 

LOL.. -45C is cold ... that takes your breath away ...

• Like 2
  • Wow 2
2 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

That looks really damn good. So Mac, is it true Hawaii eats a lot of SPAM? The travel blogs, and shows I've seen says they do, but wasn't sure how true the statement is.

True. It's in a lot of dishes. SPAM is consumed more on the islands than anywhere else, 7 million cans a year. SPAM musubi is a local favorite.

• Wow 1
1 minute ago, MacGreg said:

True. It's in a lot of dishes. SPAM is consumed more on the islands than anywhere else, 7 million cans a year. SPAM musubi is a local favorite.

Wow... Thanks for answering. WOW... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Site Moderator
14 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Yes, Sir.. got my long johns.. i'm ready.   That's only -3C not that cold.

I was just outside to take picture of the house lights, which I will post shortly. It is still incredibly mild outside - no coat, just a cardigan over my T and it was quite nice out. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

LOL.. -45C is cold ... that takes your breath away ...

-3 isn't too bad. -45 we're talking Siberia, though. :P I feel comfortable calling -15 properly cold, personally. Had some -20 winters when I was younger... Brrr!

6 minutes ago, Hunter Thomson said:

Good evening everyone.

Evening, Hunter. How are you? :) 

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

Hello, Hunter. I hope you've been having a great day.

I'm doing well enough. Minor medical issues, and now writer's block! How goes your day?

4 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

-3 isn't too bad. -45 we're talking Siberia, though. :P I feel comfortable calling -15 properly cold, personally. Had some -20 winters when I was younger... Brrr!

Evening, Hunter. How are you? :) 

Good evening Thorn, long time no speak. I am well enough, save for some mild medical issues that should resolve themselves shortly... if they know what's good for them. :P That and writer's block. Have you had a good day today?

8 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

Hello, Hunter.

Hello Mac. How are you tonight?

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator

1670609343_ScreenShot2018-12-28at7_28_33PM.png.d1caf2ebdf9f2e4b6cc59a0c2a681f2e.png

Okay, so you can't see the brightness of the colours in a photo, but this is what the lights look (there are two of them and I really don't know how they work) like shining on the living room windows. My parents like them because they're easier than putting up string lights.

@Hunter Thomson Hi! *waves*I hope your evening is going well. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Hunter Thomson said:

Good evening Thorn, long time no speak. I am well enough, save for some mild medical issues that should resolve themselves shortly... if they know what's good for them. :P That and writer's block. Have you had a good day today?

It's been okay. Been playing Fallout 4 for most of it. But my flatmate's gone to bed now so the couch is free and I can enjoy the quiet. :) Hope you feel better soon! :heart: 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

It's been okay. Been playing Fallout 4 for most of it. But my flatmate's gone to bed now so the couch is free and I can enjoy the quiet. :) Hope you feel better soon! :heart: 

Thank you. It's mostly just a stye on my eye and a persistent stuffy nose. A quiet, contemplative place to sit sounds absolutely divine right now.

@Reader1810 hello! My evening is going well enough. A family dinner starts in an hour or so, until then I'm bashing my head against my thesis wall. How are you?

• Like 3
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

I am humbled by the patience and steady hand this requires.

i cant even imagine Sir .. AC lived in Japan... i'll have to ask him about this.

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
2 minutes ago, Hunter Thomson said:

Thank you. It's mostly just a stye on my eye and a persistent stuffy nose. A quiet, contemplative place to sit sounds absolutely divine right now.

@Reader1810 hello! My evening is going well enough. A family dinner starts in an hour or so, until then I'm bashing my head against my thesis wall. How are you?

I’m doing good. Just had a piece of blueberry cream pie as the last treat of the season - back to eating sensibly tomorrow. 

• Wow 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..