The Drop in Centre

40 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Cool! Now don’t be like me and forget the protective film on the button panel is supposed to be removed. Years later, when it started to bubble, I thought there was something wrong. Oops...

I leave that on till you can't see through it any more!  Almost like new when I finally peel it off.

5 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

Also, I never signed on for Toddler Wrangling. lol...

Holy Hay-Zeus... man that kid has energy and is fast.

I recommend a lesson in roping.

• Love 2
  • Haha 2
54 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Cool! Now don’t be like me and forget the protective film on the button panel is supposed to be removed. Years later, when it started to bubble, I thought there was something wrong. Oops...

nope pulled all that off and set the clock.. woohoo

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

Unless you count a coffee pot, I don't recall buying any appliances. All the ones I've had were hand-me-downs from Family.

The lunch does sound awesome. Never had Vietnamese before, but have had Thai and Korean. I LOVE Korean.

You'd like vietnamese .. most of it is quite simple food.. i had steamed white rice, grilled chicken thighs with pickled carrot and cabbage. Comes with a small bowl of chicken broth and some nice fish (not fishy) sauce. i add nice homemade hot sauce .. sooo good.  Michael had vermicelli with pork and beef and it comes with bean sprouts and cabbage and carrot.   We also had shrimp fresh rolls image.png.ed37ed984eaaae771c7457d66336345d.png

• Like 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

You'd like vietnamese .. most of it is quite simple food..

I just fixed and had dinner, oven-roasted Cube Steaks, and smashed taters. But you're making me hungry again. LOL. It does that sound good, and from the pic, you're right about me liking it.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

I just fixed and had dinner, oven-roasted Cube Steaks, and smashed taters. But you're making me hungry again. LOL. It does that sound good, and from the pic, you're right about me liking it.

We were full afterward and the bill was like $35.00  Those rolls have shrimp, basil, lettuce and vermicelli, you  dip them in sort sweet teriyaki type sauce or fish sauce.  Their deep fried spring rolls are soo  good.  I like the mango salad, which is made with red, orange, green and yellow bell peppers, green mango and peanuts and hot peppers... lots of stuff to choose from. Peter likes Pho .. the soup.. which has wonderful rich broth, meat and veg..  It's food worth eating.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Mikiesboy said:

We were full afterward and the bill was like $35.00  Those rolls have shrimp, basil, lettuce and vermicelli, you  dip them in sort sweet teriyaki type sauce or fish sauce.  Their deep fried spring rolls are soo  good.  I like the mango salad, which is made with red, orange, green and yellow bell peppers, green mango and peanuts and hot peppers... lots of stuff to choose from. Peter likes Pho .. the soup.. which has wonderful rich broth, meat and veg..  It's food worth eating.

You have me drooling over here... my dinner was pretty boring. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

See if there are any vietnamese places near you.

There's a couple close by, owned by the same people Restaurant-BT, but it's French-Vietnamese Fusion. A few more in different places.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

Mmm, yeah, that's not... quite the same as what tim and I are talking about.

yeah, very nice looking but not the same ... ours is just plain little family restaurant, but the food is good, simple and delicious.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, MacGreg said:

Now I feel hungry... my appetite is returning!

Well, Sir a bowl of Pho might be a good thing for You.  Nice, hot and steamy.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

Mmm, yeah, that's not... quite the same as what tim and I are talking about.

22 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

yeah, very nice looking but not the same ... ours is just plain little family restaurant, but the food is good, simple and delicious.

19 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

Don't get me wrong, I bet that restaurant is superb, A. But definitely on the fancy side. For a special date night or something.

I figured. Most of the Ma/Pa places over here in South Tampa are like that. They cater more to the East Side of Dale Mabry, where the average single story 1 or 2 bedrooms home around 1500sqft is about $650,000.00.  On Bayshore, you're looking at $1.5Million at the minimum on some places.

7 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

@BHopper2  so in the link i posted.. we were sitting at the table on the extreme left today.. hehe. It was a late lunch we went for about 1:30pm so just emptying out from the lunch crowd.

The Korean restaurant I used to go to, was a lot like what you posted. Walk in when it wasn't busy, and you'd see the Owner's mother sitting in the dining room, watching a Korean channel on cable, and hand-making the kimchi-dumplings (oh, so good).

• Like 2

There's a Hawaiian restaurant about 30 miles from where I live. Ever since I lived on the islands, whenever I'm sick, I immediately crave saimin. So a few days ago I drove the distance to get some. Fuck, it was good. I wish they delivered.

(wanting some now...)

• Love 4

I looooove Vietnamese! There's one here in Oslo I've been eating at since we moved here when I was 8. It was my dad's favourite. He travelled to Vietnam for work, to help them set up national servers and databases and stuff, in the mid and late 90s. Got a real taste for the food, so he found a restaurant called Saigon and took me there. I've been eating there since. Always loved it. (I was not a picky eater, I loved all kinds of food when I was a kid.) I love fresh rolls and Pho and, well, everything.

Korean is nice, too. Not a lot of Korean places in Oslo, sadly. Used to be a really good one that did both Korean and Japanese, but they had to move from the location where they'd been for like 20 years. Tried to reopen elsewhere, but I think they lost their chef, cause they're not as good anymore. But there's a really great Korean restaurant in London I've been to several times. They do these amazing set menus. Also had Korean food in Japan. And what the Japanese call Yaki Niku (which translates to 'fried meat') is basically Korean food, too.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, MacGreg said:

There's a Hawaiian restaurant about 30 miles from where I live. Ever since I lived on the islands, whenever I'm sick, I immediately crave saimin. So a few days ago I drove the distance to get some. Fuck, it was good. I wish they delivered.

(wanting some now...)

There's so much interesting Hawaiian food. So many different cultures coming together. I don't think there are any proper Hawaiian restaurants in Oslo, though. There's a food truck that does Poke. Oh! And some shops sell ice cream mochi! So much I'd like to try, though.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

(wanting some now...)

That looks wonderful... I'll ride Your bike over, Sir :D 

• Love 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..